Is UFC coming to Russia and Poland?

metisse723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Will the UFC host an event in Russia and Poland?

MMA is very popular in both countries.

With KSW in Poland,
FNG, M-1 and ACB in Russia.

Do you think UFC will capitalise this and build an empire there like in England?

Problem is median income like $300 in those places. Not much chance of selling $150- $2500 tickets in droves

Putin will put plutonium in Dana's coffee if he ever steps foot in Russia.

Problem is median income like $300 in those places. Not much chance of selling $150- $2500 tickets in droves
It is much higher in big cities. Do it in Moscow or Petersburg, have Khabib and couple more Russians on the card, and it will be sold out.
Dunno about Poland, but they have great fighters.

It is much higher in big cities. Do it in Moscow or Petersburg, have Khabib and couple more Russians on the card, and it will be sold out.
True but also time zone issues to sell USA PPV in whats called "prime time", in the evening. Europeans cards are around 2am in the morning so they can hit prime time in USA. Russia would be around 6-7am which could negatively impact ticket sales. I hope they do a Russia card though with Khabib vs ferg. He surely wont flake on home soil :p.

True but also time zone issues to sell USA PPV in whats called "prime time", in the evening. Europeans cards are around 2am in the morning so they can hit prime time in USA. Russia would be around 6-7am which could negatively impact ticket sales. I hope they do a Russia card though with Khabib vs ferg. He surely wont flake on home soil :p.
Maybe sticking to Russian cuisine instead of tiramisus will also help

Problem is that Khabib failed to show up before.
You cant seriously build and market a card around him
If they do and Khabib sort of injuries himself again or have any medical problem again, this would be a total fiasco

Problem is that Khabib failed to show up before.
You cant seriously build and market a card around him
If they do and Khabib sort of injuries himself again or have any medical problem again, this would be a total fiasco
I think if you do a first card in a new possibly big market, you should do a stacked card, no? so say Ferg-Khabib and a bunch of nobodies won't do it

I think if you do a first card in a new possibly big market, you should do a stacked card, no? so say Ferg-Khabib and a bunch of nobodies won't do it

I hear that but they need somebody else than Khabib for the main event.
The risk of him pulling out is so big now that I doubt any company would insure that
Is Kharitonov big in Russia btw ?
Or maybe they fear that Bellator puts on a rival card with Fedor in the same time
I am no russian, who's bigger name there, Khabib or Fedor ?

plenty of filthy rich people in Russia, them and their spoiled kids. if marketed right, they can easily sell tickets for 1k and up.

I hear that but they need somebody else than Khabib for the main event.
The risk of him pulling out is so big now that I doubt any company would insure that
Is Kharitonov big in Russia btw ?
Or maybe they fear that Bellator puts on a rival card with Fedor in the same time
I am no russian, who's bigger name there, Khabib or Fedor ?
Kharitonov is known to hardcore fans only.
Fedor is overall bigger than Khabib but Khabib would attract a lot of rich Dagestani guys who would buy expensive seats.

I like Russian women.

Plenty of very very rich fucks. KSW is the biggest org in the world after UFC and Bellator.

I'm half Polish and am writing this from the Canary Islands.

Last edited:

UFC did that shit in Poland in 2015 and drew shit all. KSW is going to a 90k arena with local stars.

Edit: 70k

Last edited:
Back