Is Vitaly Minakov and Ben Askren coming back to Bellator?

strongstylekarate

Nokia will beat Apple 2019
Banned
Reaction score
It looks like Ben Askren is firing shots at the 2 competitors (Lima and Koreshkov) competing in the Bellator Welterweight Grandprix (both of which he already defeated before),

It seems like he's begging the boss (Scott Coker) to let him come back and compete inside the Bellator cage.

And I wonder if Vitaly Minakov will comeback?

It looks like FNG is in mumbles right now.

If Askren is the 10th man, I will lose my shit.

I hope askren comes back. Will root for him in the gp. Feed mvp to him.

It looks like Ben Askren is firing shots at the 2 competitors (Lima and Koreshkov) competing in the Bellator Welterweight Grandprix (both of which he already defeated before),

It seems like he's begging the boss (Scott Coker) to let him come back and compete inside the Bellator cage.

And I wonder if Vitaly Minakov will comeback?

It looks like FNG is in mumbles right now.
I've seen someone here posted that Minakov said in interview that he is gonna fight in September. And on FNG site they mentioned that event in Moscow in September is happening, plus not so long ago I've seen a TV interview with head of FNG where he said that their card in September in Moscow is gonna be a big card.
EDIT: just looked at FNG website, big card in Moscow is scheduled for October.

Last edited:
For all Askrens talk, he still isn't a free agent and Bellator or UFC isn't going to co-promote with ONE for him, he's hardly a huge draw.

First off I'm not sure he is entirely free to go fight where he wants. Though I did see an interview with him after his "retirement" and he seem to beat around the bush about that question and kind of implied that at a later date this year he'd be free to do what he wanted. Who knows if that's true or not.

Second, nothing new with Askren talking about fighters from other orgs when under contract with One FC.

Lastly, Minakov and Bellator seem to be miles apart on compensation. Plain and simple, he has had couple interviews since fighting last in Bellator and only a few times did he even seemed interested in fighting in Bellator again. Otherwise he talked a lot about wanting to get into the UFC. Coker even avoids this subject. Forever, it was we are going to talk, they talked, and now its just more or less Bellator holding his contract and Coker doesn't seem to feel anything is going to change.

First off I'm not sure he is entirely free to go fight where he wants. Though I did see an interview with him after his "retirement" and he seem to beat around the bush about that question and kind of implied that at a later date this year he'd be free to do what he wanted. Who knows if that's true or not.

Second, nothing new with Askren talking about fighters from other orgs when under contract with One FC.

Lastly, Minakov and Bellator seem to be miles apart on compensation. Plain and simple, he has had couple interviews since fighting last in Bellator and only a few times did he even seemed interested in fighting in Bellator again. Otherwise he talked a lot about wanting to get into the UFC. Coker even avoids this subject. Forever, it was we are going to talk, they talked, and now its just more or less Bellator holding his contract and Coker doesn't seem to feel anything is going to change.
Well not sure what your sources is but from what I've read and seen Vitaly from 2015 or 2014 every year says that he signed new contract with Bellator/they are negotiating/they are close to sign a new contract and that before the end of this year he is gonna return to Bellator (and from what I understand it contradicts with what Coker said, if I'm not mistaken not so long ago he said that they haven't hear anything from Minakov, while, like a few weeks before that Minakov said that they are currently in talks/negotiating with Coker). Also, I think even here there were threads when Minakov said that he wants to fight Mitrione to avenge Fedor. From my point of view I think it's more like Minakov being not honest, like when in interview people asks him, why he is crushing cans in FNG instead of fighting guys in Bellator, years ago Vitaly said that there is no one for him there (like, he already beat Kongo and Volkov and other guys are not legit or wrestlers, like Lashley), after that he started to say that Bellator pays not enough money and wants them at least to pay him more than 100000 for a fight (and also he says that they are negotiating and soon he will return). Oh, it looked like he was ok with being politician and having a TV show and crushing cans in FNG.
About UFC - he talked about them before he was a Bellator champ (like, it will be cool to fight UFC champion) and after that it was mostly - if I become a free agent, maybe I will sign with UFC, but maybe with Bellator or with Japanese promotion. If you can give links to interview where he is excited about UFC, it will be cool. There is also was news that he is signing with UFC but it's some autist who translated it like that (in original Russian interview Minakov's manager said that he would like Minakov to sign with UFC and autist translated it is like it was Minakov's words).

Last edited:
I really wish we could see both men in the UFC.

They should both be in the UFC. It would be very interesting to see how they shake things up.

Same here, would go from amazing to the best tournament of all time.
it would be up to dana to get his head out of his ass, but if askren ran the table on the bellator WW that could make for a huge GSP vs Askren fight

it would be up to dana to get his head out of his ass, but if askren ran the table on the bellator WW that could make for a huge GSP vs Askren fight
I'd put the odds at 50/50 by the time this tournament ends that Dana is still the face of the UFC

Askren reminds Lima and Koreshkov almost monthly about their fights with him. I wouldn’t read too much into it.

Minakov mentioned coming back after the GP was concluded but maybe circumstances have changed with the problems with FNG

Minakov has a very expensive contract in fight nights global in Russia, I doubt he will be fighting in Bellator anytime soon. Askren I don't know.. its possible.. I would like to see him fight Rory.

Minakov has a very expensive contract in fight nights global in Russia, I doubt he will be fighting in Bellator anytime soon. Askren I don't know.. its possible.. I would like to see him fight Rory.

Fights nights global may be going out of business.

I think we see Minakov back in Bellator soon. At least I hope. Still don't understand why they will pay old past their prime fighters hundreds of thousands of dollars per fight but won't pony up for their hw champ.

Back