Is voicemail/answering machine message dead?

CrimsonFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Who listens to a fuckin voicemail? I don't even know why it's an option anymore. Everyone I knows voicemail is full with retarded scam messages and shit

Do you still check yours sherdog?

No I don't even have the visual voicemail app anymore

Yes if I'm excepting a call and I can't answer, that's what they are for.

m96jjd.jpg
Who listens to a fuckin voicemail? I don't even know why it's an option anymore. Everyone I knows voicemail is full with retarded scam messages and shit

Do you still check yours sherdog?

<datassdom> I don't even have the voicemail on my personal phone setup. I still use voicemail on the work related cellular, however.

I got rid of the voice mail for my business because I never checked it. Only listen to my cell phone VM on the rare occasion someone leaves one.

Don't be shy, it's okay, machines need love too. So talk to it.

Between my friends and acquaintances voicemail is rarely used. Usually it’s just calls and maybe a follow up text. Beyond that, I rely on voicemail to filter out calls since I don’t answer numbers I don’t recognize.

As far as an answering machine, I don’t even have a house phone so that answers that

I literally go in there once a month and don't even listen I just delete everything to get that icon off the top of my phone.

people who need to speak to me at work leave voicemails, so yes, i still deal with voicemails. but i get those delivered to my email, so most of the time i check it on email.

Dead!?!? No way!
<JagsKiddingMe>

It doesn't die until something new replaces it.
Digital voicemail replaced mini tape recorder answering machines
The next evolution of voicemail is an implant.

“Leave your name and phone number, with my schedule I can’t look up phone numbers.”

there is nothing more annoying than than an alert than you have a four-and-a-half minute voice mail. a real friend sends a text.

my voicemail message actually states to not leave me a message because I wont ever listen or check it.
if its important leave me a text or fucking call me back. otherwise, fuck off

I have one for my landline at my home. People leave messages if I'm interested in getting my carpet cleaned.

Nah, fuck that shit, I don't like talking on the phone anyway, not now I'm old and crabby. I've turned voicemail off.

I don't answer unsolicited calls and so let the answering machine pickup even when I'm home.

We use voicemail all of the time at work. I also use it on my cell. If I call someone and they don't answer, I'll just leave a message. It's easier than hanging up and texting.

Back