is Westworld worth watching?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't want to to start liking it and then it goes completely off the rails like the Walking dead

I tried so hard to like it, but couldn't.

"I can't fucking believe this fucking shit. Robots in the old fucking west? Fuck! Can we fucking trust Anthony Hopkins? Or is he going to fucking go Hannibal Lecter on all us fucks?!"​

That's literally what it was like listening to this show. Horrible dialogue writing, and they're trying to fit into this "edgy HBO trope" with unnecessary cursive language, that I'm unfortunately noticing on a lot of other HBO-imitative shows these days (IE: "Berlin Station," for one).

yes it is, its excellent, the walking dead is a bag of shit set on fire when compared to it

I actually just finished watching Season 1 a few days ago. Yes, it's worth watching. It's very well-made.

The story logic starts to get a bit fuzzy near the end and there were times near the end where I felt like the story might be just on the verge of running off the rails, but overall I really enjoyed it.

It's an interesting concept with some amazing performances from A-level actors.

I have no idea if S2 will be able to maintain the momentum though.

Yep, one of the view seasons of television that had an extremely satisfying conclusion. \

I worry they did blow their wad too early and every other season will be a let down -- but SE:2 reviews are pretty stellar thus far.

not really. The Wild Wild West gets real stale, real old, real quick... lol at Robot Cowboys and Aliens type crap.

I don't want to to start liking it and then it goes completely off the rails like the Walking dead
You wont like it at all so dont waste your time. The themes and concepts will fly right over your head so I suggest you stick to pro wrestling and 80s action movies for intellectual stimulation.

I didn't get into it at first, but after the first 2 episodes i was hooked
TWD is a lump of cat shit in comparison

I can't remember being as satisfied with westworld's season 1 answer's than any other show's.

Plus they have very likeable characters. Bernard was my favorite.

I tried so hard to like it, but couldn't.

"I can't fucking believe this fucking shit. Robots in the old fucking west? Fuck! Can we fucking trust Anthony Hopkins? Or is he going to fucking go Hannibal Lecter on all us fucks?!"​

That's literally what it was like listening to this show. Horrible dialogue writing, and they're trying to fit into this "edgy HBO trope" with unnecessary cursive language, that I'm unfortunately noticing on a lot of other HBO-imitative shows these days (IE: "Berlin Station," for one).

big up for da honesty mang

bewares of angry nerd retribution though
200w.gif

yes it is, its excellent, the walking dead is a bag of shit set on fire when compared to it

lmfao

the first two seasons were so damn good though then it was like Michael bay took over or someting

You wont like it at all so dont waste your time. The themes and concepts will fly right over your head so I suggest you stick to pro wrestling and 80s action movies for intellectual stimulation.

you've been sniping at me for sometime now I've noticed....I'm guessing I said something a while ago that got under your skin so for what its worth for what ever the old handy said I apoplogize

I can't remember being as satisfied with westworld's season 1 answer's than any other show's.

Plus they have very likeable characters. Bernard was my favorite.

is it better than the shield or the wire? is it kinda like the first season of Sci Fi's battle star Galactica before it became a disaster in season 2?

I actually just finished watching Season 1 a few days ago. Yes, it's worth watching. It's very well-made.

The story logic starts to get a bit fuzzy near the end and there were times near the end where I felt like the story might be just on the verge of running off the rails, but overall I really enjoyed it.

It's an interesting concept with some amazing performances from A-level actors.

I have no idea if S2 will be able to maintain the momentum though.

I've always trusted your take on matters such as this SP

I've always trusted your take on matters such as this SP

You should go ahead and start it and let us know what you think. I think that after the pilot episode you'll probably know if it's a show for you or not.

If you're a fan of the original 70's movie you will find this show to be utterly terrible.

Watch the original "Westworld" movie too. Maybe first.

The story is much cooler than boiling down to "oh it's just robot cowboys."

That's like saying jurassic park sucked because its just a "lizard island."

I really wanted to like it but just couldn't get into it. Watched the first 6 or 7 episodes. The Walking Dead really went to shit the last couple seasons but used to be great

Back