Is your fandom or lack thereof for WMMA tied to your political beliefs?

UFC is pro Trump
thefore all UFC fans implicitly endorse Trump

but my dislike of WMMA is not political, it just that they are for the mostly part not as skilled as the men in the same weight classes

give it another ten or so years, and maybe i'll be a bigger fan of WMMA

I'm not phased by your insecurity. Treating women as equals isn't emasculating. I'm sorry your mind is so limited.
Treating women as equals is not feminism. I'm sorry you are so deluded.

I'd be kind of interested to see what the political leanings of people who hate and bash WMMA are compared to those that watch it and support it.

If you hate it... are you one of those conservative "women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" types. Or the conservative "women shouldn't be fighting; you are sick if you enjoy watching women fight" types that vote for Republicans.

Or maybe if you whole heartedly support WMMA because of your liberal disposition. Maybe even supporting low quality WMMA fights because you are an SJW and voted for Hillary.

Bottom line is, how tied to your personal politics is your support or lack of support for WMMA? What do you think the correlation is in general?
Great topic (kissing ass to mod)

I am not influenced by political ideology
For me it's more genetics
I love women and it's not appealing to see attractive creatures fighting each other unless it's for me

Not sure if the OP is supposed to be comedy or not but I found it hilarious.

Conservatives are guys that think woman should be barefoot and only in a kitchen. Okay, son. Log out of Tumblr and join the real world whenever you are ready.

Treating women as equals is not feminism. I'm sorry you are so deluded.

fem·i·nism
/ˈfeməˌnizəm/
noun
  1. the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

I mean, you could've at least googled before you responded.

fem·i·nism
/ˈfeməˌnizəm/
noun
  1. the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes.

I mean, you could've at least googled before you responded.
Lmao you know what I'm talking about. Just stop.

I'm a Libertarian which makes WMMA pretty baffling to me. Consumers have voted with their wallets that post Ronda they have no interest in women headlining cards, but the UFC keeps pushing it anyway. It's like they can't get enough of the invisible hand smacking them.

I am not a republican - and this has nothing to do with politics.

However you look at it - women are just not made biologically to be fighters like this.

Women are geared towards being compassionate mothers - and its in their biological make up.

I think its disgraceful to rob them of their femininity this way and have them punching each other in the face for the entertainment of men.

Not to mention the skill level in comparison to males is like 1 out of 10

It is not tied to my political beliefs at all. I support WMMA.

Lmao you know what I'm talking about. Just stop.

I think I know what you're thinking about. I think you mean radical feminism. Like the dyed armpit combat boot wearing men hating destroy the patriarchy types. Yeah, I'm not that kind of feminist.

Think of it this way: let's assume you're a republican. But maybe you disagree with many of (fill in random republican name)'s behaviors or policies. That doesn't mean you're no longer a republican. Likewise, I'm a feminist. I'm not a fan of radical feminists at all. I can't stand them. I think they're BAD for feminism. But I still believe in the idea of feminism. I support equality.

Like I said, it's not emasculating. Please don't lump me in with the crazies. I have nothing to do with them.

The only political tenet I hold dear is to act for all people on planet Earth instead of small groups of them.

I've been a strong supporter of MMA from day one. I don't differentiate between men and women fighting, it's just fighting to me.

I'd be kind of interested to see what the political leanings of people who hate and bash WMMA are compared to those that watch it and support it.

If you hate it... are you one of those conservative "women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" types. Or the conservative "women shouldn't be fighting; you are sick if you enjoy watching women fight" types that vote for Republicans.

Or maybe if you whole heartedly support WMMA because of your liberal disposition. Maybe even supporting low quality WMMA fights because you are an SJW and voted for Hillary.

Bottom line is, how tied to your personal politics is your support or lack of support for WMMA? What do you think the correlation is in general?
I don't like WMMA because most of the female fighters just aren't that good.

Meghan Anderson played no sports in HS. Just walked into a gym to do a cardio boxing type class and 3 years later was fighting for a world championship.

I'm call it like I see it. I don't want to support WMMA just because they're women. That's almost as bad as saying screw WMMA because they're women. In about 10 years or so as more women get into fighting and combat sports at earlier ages their skills and performances will increase.

But as of right now 90%+ of women fights just aren't good. I'm not saying they don't try hard and give it their all. I'm not satsay women shouldn't fight. I'm saying that my interest will grow in WMMA as the sport matures.

FYI, I've all hated seeing prospects in the UFC period. The UFC, imo, is for established fighters (journeymen, contenders and champs). The prospects need to go through the smaller promotions and with their way up imo.

Every now and then you'll get a Cain or a Weidman but how many prospects have had their careers derailed because they got pushed too far too soon?

Politically, I have no idea what my leanings actually are, except to say that I tend to think almost everyone is doing it wrong. lol

In terms of WMMA - I actually like it. I grew up doing Sanshou, and often times at tournaments, the girl fights were BETTER than the guys, so the idea of women fighting doesn't really bother me. I like watching the more experienced and skilled fighters like Holly, but WMMA as a whole is interesting to me as well, but for reasons that may be different than most.

I also grew up watching the birth/evolution of MMA, but with very little knowledge or understanding of what was really happening. Watching women's MMA grow and evolve is like being able to go back in time and rewatch the evolution of the sport, but with the added benefit of the years of accumulated knowledge I now have. So from that aspect, it's very interesting to me. Plus, anyone who was around for some of those early Pride and UFC events probably has a higher tolerance for bad fights with sloppy techniques! lol

I cant find a coloration between political beliefs and WMMA..

For me Its like comparing apples to oranges

I think I know what you're thinking about. I think you mean radical feminism. Like the dyed armpit combat boot wearing men hating destroy the patriarchy types. Yeah, I'm not that kind of feminist.

Think of it this way: let's assume you're a republican. But maybe you disagree with many of (fill in random republican name)'s behaviors or policies. That doesn't mean you're no longer a republican. Likewise, I'm a feminist. I'm not a fan of radical feminists at all. I can't stand them. I think they're BAD for feminism. But I still believe in the idea of feminism. I support equality.

Like I said, it's not emasculating. Please don't lump me in with the crazies. I have nothing to do with them.
Fair enough. I support equality, too, just not focused on women alone. That's why I would not call myself a feminist.

Transgendered people should be able to fight without declaring their gender and we should have mixed gender fights (cis gendered, non binary, otherkin) to be as inclusive as possible.

As long as it hits the ground, I don't care if there's a penis involved or not.

I've voted for about 3 Dems total since 1981.

Back