Is your fandom or lack thereof for WMMA tied to your political beliefs?

I’m a lefty. I don’t like watching women get punched in the face. Also it’s very low level competition.

A combination of WMMA being boring and my own biological imperatives.

Howd that blonde lady get into the UFC? is her Jiu jitsu really good or something?
Good grappler. She was also one of Miesha Tate's training partners for grappling (and a good friend of hers), so Miesha spoke out for her to the UFC brass.

For sure.. A woman's place is in the home. Cooking, cleaning, raising the kids and making sure the home is presentable and dinner is ready when I get home..

Oh, and to service me when I demand it.

Literally Hitler here.

I am accepting of WMMA and take it on a fight by fight basis. I’m not going easy on them if they lay an egg though. I used to be a huge fan boy back in the Strikeforce days when they were breaking through, but UFC tried to fast track it to being the same as the other divisions when WMMA all over is quite underdeveloped.

Good post.. I left this part of the quote because this falls in line with what I was really getting at. It's one thing to dislike or like it for technical reasons... but I really wonder about some people around here.

Yes, it's two sides of the same coin. You have people that hate it because they only see women as sexual objects who shouldn't and can't fight. Then on the other side you have people supporting it for...sexual objectification as well. The people that "support it" who then create "appreciation threads" with 15 half naked pictures are just as bad. Most of them could clearly care less about the fighting, and just care about fulfilling their fetish of two big muscular women rolling around the cage with each other.

Of course I think this issue is exasperated online, especially on Sherdog. The UFC is putting these fights on for a reason, because they are getting views, and these views are probably mostly coming from people that don't hold these views..aka women who aren't going to even touch Sherdog with hazmat suit on.

Politically i'm in the middle.

About WMMA: For me right now, as a new fan of mma, it's actually kinda educational and helps me learn the game. It lets me separate power/athleticism from the technical aspect of the sport. It also gives me an appreciation for the male's power/athleticism. I also view it is a good change of pace on a card.

Now, maybe when i already know enough about the sport, i wont view it like that and i'll be bored with their fights. Let's see.

After that read it was funny that the right leaners generally liked it and the left didn't. Went against what the op was getting at. Would put money on ts being a liberal.

Good post.. I left this part of the quote because this falls in line with what I was really getting at. It's one thing to dislike or like it for technical reasons... but I really wonder about some people around here.

Still in the "girls have cooties" phase, most likely.

After that read it was funny that the right leaners generally liked it and the left didn't. Went against what the op was getting at. Would put money on ts being a liberal.
You should really get in touch with your liberal side. You'd be in for a pleasant surprise... you may actually get in touch with your feminine side.. maybe even go vegan.

A great deal of MMA fans are straight up bigots,xenophobes and sexist. Why keep denying it. It's like one of the reasons people consider MMA and it's fans a joke. It's like everyone is aware, except MMA fans. Well, you're aware. Just not man, or woman enough to own your messes.

Say what? I'm Canadian, politics plays has a very small impact on my life.

For me its a skillset issue. Most of the WMMA fighters are terrible. The odd fight is good though.

You should really get in touch with your liberal side. You'd be in for a pleasant surprise... you may actually get in touch with your feminine side.. maybe even go vegan.
I grew up liberal, but I still loath it like I do the right. You assume a lot of people you have never met.

I grew up liberal, but I still loath it like I do the right. You assume a lot of people you have never met.
For the record I'm a libertarian.. since we're on the topic of assumptions.

RtqNSHz.gif

Need I say more?
This is the reason I can’t get excited of unknown wmma fighters in the ufc, I gotta ask myself did the ufc just hire some can to have wmma fights on the card...? When I look up the fight card and see women there that I don’t know. You never really know how bad the fights are going to be so I usually am very late to see these wmma fighters, when they’re fighting a contender fight or for the belt.

A great deal of MMA fans are straight up bigots,xenophobes and sexist. Why keep denying it. It's like one of the reasons people consider MMA and it's fans a joke. It's like everyone is aware, except MMA fans. Well, you're aware. Just not man, or woman enough to own your messes.
<WellThere>

@sniper

Nope I just like watchin people abuse each other!

<{JustBleed}>
<{natewhut}>

And fuck Politics - biggest cesspool there is.

For the record I'm a libertarian.. since we're on the topic of assumptions.
Yeah after 3 decades on this Earth I don't get why people are heavy either side. They blindly follow their leaders on ALL subjects regarding everything. I believe its situation dependent and take every issue as they come. Sometimes the best answer will be from one of the sides or neither.

Weve needed another 100% truth speaker like you around here for such a long time. I hope you post more often! I'm so excited for the future of our community.

Back