Is your fandom or lack thereof for WMMA tied to your political beliefs?

Im fairly liberal. I don't like WMMA because they are bad at it at this point. Women are not as good at some sports as men are. WMMA and WNBA are unwatchable because the skill/talent/athleticism are awful compared to their male counterparts.

Everyone’s answers is that they’re incredibly boring to watch like every sports they participate in (reason why stadiums are always empty) but one of the biggest reason is because it feels completely unnatural watching women bashing each other’s heads off. It just doesn’t feel right, it can be off puting and we’re not wired to see that.

They participate in MMA and in order to keep their body fresh and tough, they neither get married (maybe after retirement or at a relatively old age) nor have children. Look at Holly, Cyborg, Ronda or others. That’s messed up. Women needs to know their roles, their future and their fragile bodies first before persuing a career as an MMA fighter because there will be consequence.

Last edited:
Fence sitter here.

Their version of the sport is simply not as entertaining. Overall low athletic ability and shallow talent pool will keep WMMA from gaining popularity. It's one of the reasons why the WNBA has never turned a profit and has been subsidized by the NBA since it's inception.

I just like good fights.

Doesn't matter the division.

I am openly feminist and leftist. I ignore or avoid most WMMA. I once defended it on here and urged people to give it a chance. But it never improved and the quality of the fights is demonstrably inferior. I say let the women fight to their heart's content- but in a women's org or cards. If I want to see men's fights, I should not have to endure several rounds of terrible girl fights to watch the real matches.

I do like Andrade though. And that's it.

I'd be kind of interested to see what the political leanings of people who hate and bash WMMA are compared to those that watch it and support it.

If you hate it... are you one of those conservative "women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen" types. Or the conservative "women shouldn't be fighting; you are sick if you enjoy watching women fight" types that vote for Republicans.

Or maybe if you whole heartedly support WMMA because of your liberal disposition. Maybe even supporting low quality WMMA fights because you are an SJW and voted for Hillary.

Bottom line is, how tied to your personal politics is your support or lack of support for WMMA? What do you think the correlation is in general?

I watch UFC to watch skilled fighters..
UFC is pushing WMMA to the point where they future it just to have a WMMA fight on the main card no matter the skill Level of the fighters and thats just stupid IMO.
UFC is basicly pushing WMMA cuz it sells.. more dudes gets the pass to stay home to watch fights cuz their GFs enjoys watching WMMA....
A PPV is 60 bucks!!! Only the skilled should be allow to be futured behind such a pay wall IMO.

No. I avoid most wmma for the same reason I avoid lower level men's mma. They are not very good and aint nobody got time for that. Get better and then I'll watch.

Independent, probably closest to libertarian

I don't care if women want to fight; that's their business. i generally don't watch because most of them aren't good.

Edit: I do find it to be pretty masculine and unattractive, but I'm not in the business of telling people what to do.

I watch UFC to watch skilled fighters..
UFC is pushing WMMA to the point where they future it just to have a WMMA fight on the main card no matter the skill Level of the fighters and thats just stupid IMO.
UFC is basicly pushing WMMA cuz it sells.. more dudes gets the pass to stay home to watch fights cuz their GFs enjoys watching WMMA....
A PPV is 60 bucks!!! Only the skilled should be allow to be futured behind such a pay wall IMO.
You could always... Not buy it

I agree, btw. I almost never watch WMMA because most of them aren't good. You just seem excessively worked up about it.

Conservative and i dont enjoy seeing women beaten or women figthing in the first place; i dont l know, i am just not into seeing girls getting smashed by strikes to the head and kicked in the head and what not but apparently some people are.
I am not for a ban but i sure as hell dont support wmma; but hey i got to admit that i do enjow the odd wmma fight and will scream for blood at times too when the good girls like rose and holly put an ass whoppin on jj and ronda.
I think valentina is fun to watch as well, misha was okey too, and claudia gadehla, and KK.

It's enjoyable.

They put on good and bad fights just like the guys do.

I’m not sure about American politics, Trump was good in home alone 2 but he has shit hair. WMMA is way worse than Trumps hair though.

RtqNSHz.gif

Need I say more?
Saw this mess of a fight live was the first fight I seen on the card had a fresh beer in hand suddenly my beer cup had a hole in it and left to grab another one so that I can skip it

You could always... Not buy it

I agree, btw. I almost never watch WMMA because most of them aren't good. You just seem excessively worked up about it.
I never buy PPVs cuz Im from EU, but imagin paying 60 bucks and not get the top talent Level for that price? UFC basicly puts more skilled fighters on the prelims just to future WMMA at a PPV.
Im always worked up man ;-)

If you voted for Trump you are racist or hate women apparently.

Glad I live on the opposite side of the world.

tbh regardless of wmma my interest in mma overall is dwindling and i dont have any strong political beliefs.

kindda banking on ortega to revamp my interest in mma. but otherwise seems matchmaking and all the other jive outside of the cage is not as good as it used to be.

Conservative Libertarian. I love WMMA. Yes, the talent pool is nowhere near the men, but its in its infancy. With time, fights will improve. You should stop reading so much Huffington Post and CNN. Your opinion of people on the right is incredibly skewed.

Im independent but Im pretty conservative. I support WMMA but Im just not emotionally invested in it like I am for male divisions. I also find many of the fights boring in WMMA, but there have been some classics and slug fests.

But sometimes its just unbearable
RtqNSHz.gif

Back