Media Is Zabit Magomedsharipov the next Khabib?

Has the best all round MMA game ever. Will be seen as the GOAT sooner or later.
<mma4>

It is very rare to a see a flamboyant fighter that also has the grappling down to the level Zabit has, he may need to dial back the fancy stuff against the top guys though, coz it's high risk and could leave him gassed.

His grappling skills are seriously overrated. How many times Khabib has tapped out in his career? Exactly.

I know it’s going to outrage a lot of his fans but he honestly reminds me a lot of Yair.
Overly flashy with the striking, not the greatest gas tank, lots of hype, fun as hell to watch and currently getting away with things(grappling and striking) that will be punished by the better fighters of the division.

If they push him too fast, I see a repeat of the Frankie vs Yair situation.

I know it’s going to outrage a lot of his fans but he honestly reminds me a lot of Yair.
Overly flashy with the striking, not the greatest gas tank, lots of hype, fun as hell to watch and currently getting away with things(grappling and striking) that will be punished by the better fighters of the division.

Funny how Yair is ducking him though, never understood why people assume Zabit wouldn't adjust accordingly to fighters who are far better. Look how Floyd adjusted for Conor for example.

Zabit has more fluidity to his striking, but Khabib has better GnP and positional control over his opponents once it hits the mat. I think Zabit is an up and comer but needs to be tested against higher level competition before he's considered top tier. He's more of a technical grappler with stronger bjj slant than Khabib who grapples you so he can start smashing and then maybe submit you once your soul has been taken.

Funny how Yair is ducking him though, never understood why people assume Zabit wouldn't adjust accordingly to fighters who are far better. Look how Floyd adjusted for Conor for example.
I’m not sure how much of that is Dana playing games for the media, but Zabit is a high risk fight as he is a bit of an unknown/ranked but obviously talented and Yair’s confidence is probably rocked after being shutout by Frankie, so it’s possible.
Well you can only judge from what he has actually shown. It’s perfectly possible he ups his game for the better fighters but totally baseless to assume he can. Time will tell.

Btw lol at using Floyd(top boxer of his time with nothing to prove) taking it easy on conor as an example.

I think if they weren’t both from Dagestan, no one would have likened them to one another

I’m not sure how much of that is Dana playing games for the media, but Zabit is a high risk fight as he is a bit of an unknown/ranked but obviously talented and Yair’s confidence is probably rocked after being shutout by Frankie, so it’s possible.
Well you can only judge from what he has actually shown. It’s perfectly possible he ups his game for the better fighters but totally baseless to assume he can. Time will tell.

Btw lol at using Floyd(top boxer of his time with nothing to prove) taking it easy on conor as an example.

It's about adjusting to your level of opponent, one can only assume he wouldn't be so flashy and take chances against better guys otherwise we'd have better fight IQ then an actual UFC fighter.

Khabib's grappling is on another level than Zabit's, however Zabit's standup is better and his grappling is still very good. He's a much more exciting fighter to watch than Khabib, and so far all his fights have been just as dominant as Khabib's has (except for the Bochniak one, where Zabit broke his hand during the fight).

Zabit hasn't been really tested yet. It'll be really exciting to see how he does against top 10/5 fighters like Mendes or Aldo.

He is new to the UFC but he looks really sharp.
Not just because he looks like Abe Lincoln but his technical skills.

Stylistically? Not at all. His takedowns are good but he doesn't pursue them as desperately as Khabib because his stand up is great. Not sure what comparison you are making. Because he's Russian?? Skill wise they are not the same at all.

No. Their styles are nothing alike. Just because he’s from Dagestan doesn’t mean he’ll be the ‘next Khabib.’ And you say that as if Khabib is done lol. Zabit is his own fighter. Him and Khabib aren’t really that alike.

I think you're spot on, although I do believe Zabit is quite a bit better than Yair.

More skilled all around, I’d say. He certainly has the skills to be one of the best in the world.

The thing that sets Khabib apart is the brutal strength and endless endurance that complement his top tier grappling. He’s a bit of a freak.

He is new to the UFC but he looks really sharp.
Not just because he looks like Abe Lincoln but his technical skills.

With his creativity and fight iq, I think he could be the next Jon Jones

Hes super exciting to watch

Back