Media ISLAM Makhachev: "The UFC made and canceled Francisco Trinaldo fight on it's own"

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Translation:
About this fight. I don’t know what happened, UFC made and canceled this fight by themselves, I didn’t sign any papers. I plan to fight somewhere in February against a top 15 opponent, as promised by Dana White @DanaWhite.

Makhachev (16-1 MMA), a teammate of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, has been nothing short out outstanding in the cage. The 27-year-old has lost just once and is currently riding a four-fight winning streak that includes back-to-back first-round finishes of Kajan Johnson and Gleison Tibau.

Hernandez (10-1 MMA) gets the opportunity to fight the ranked competition he’s been asking for in Trinaldo (23-6 MMA). Hernandez knocked out Beneil Dariush in 42 seconds in his UFC debut, then followed up with a decision over Olivier Aubin Mercier in July. Trinaldo, 40, has won in nine of his past 11 trips to the octagon.

via mmajunkie

UFC are a B/C level organization in A-level clothing.

Making a fight before a guy even signs a contract? That is some straight bush league shit.

"as promised by Dana White"

HGrxHWs.jpg

How does UFC make fights and cancels them without asking the fighters themselves? This makes zero sense. Is it run by 5th graders?

I have learned over the years... we will never know what is going on in the mind of Dana but it most likely has something to do with making him money.

Did the UFC officially announce Francisco vs Islam?

That's fucking illegal.

My god you fucking retards. It's not illegal, jesus christ.

Chael Sonnen explained this -- so much of the business is based on verbal contracts (at first), and verbal contracts are binding. As Chael explained, if the UFC calls you and says we want to make this fight, and you say yes, a button is pushed -- and once that button is pushed, the media machine kicks up. You might sign the contract a week later, but the fight is on.

What probably happened here is that Makhachev probably agreed to fight the guy, and then realized the guy wasn't as highly ranked as he wanted. You can't reneg on a verbal contract, it doesn't matter whether the promoter told you in the past you get a top 10 opponent next. Once you say "yes" you've legally agreed to a contract.

Once Alexander Hernandez beats Trinaldo, he'll whoop Islam.

Back