Status
Not open for further replies.

KOQ24

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
erdogan and his lapdogs to the rescue

Help is a bit of a harsh word

Would ISIS not try and expand their caliphate to turkey if they could?

I'm thoroughly confused now...I thought Turkey was in opposition to ISIS.

Hopefully IDL can shed some light on this by positing some confusing conspiracy theories to explain this situation.

Would ISIS not try and expand their caliphate to turkey if they could?

turkey has the 2nd strongest military in the region.
theyre letting isis run wild outside their borders to get rid of undesireables like assad or kurds

Yup, we had Kurds protesting outside the Parliament yesterday. Man, just fuck Erdogan, I wish more words came to mind other than "fuck Erdogan", but that

Still can't believe they haven't been kicked out of NATO.

So are ISIL no longer seizing Iraqi and Syrian weapons/vehicles? Are they no longer being supplied by regional powers? Are the tanks they have now all the tanks they're going to have (Islamic Invincible or otherwise)?

(CNN) - The key Syrian border city of Kobani will soon fall to the Islamist terror group ISIS, several senior U.S. administration officials said.

They downplayed the importance of it, saying Kobani is not a major concern.

As Time.com put it, "If the ISIS militants take control of Kobani, they will have a huge strategic corridor along the Turkish border, linking with the terrorist group's positions in Aleppo to the west and Raqqa to the east."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/08/world/meast/isis-threat/index.html?c=&page=1

could it be liquid fire was right after all

Last edited:
So are ISIL no longer seizing Iraqi and Syrian weapons/vehicles? Are they no longer being supplied by regional powers? Are the tanks they have now all the tanks they're going to have (Islamic Invincible or otherwise)?

I guess they could head to Aleppo. There's really no where for them to go. They've pissed off every surrounding country and they keep getting beat by hot Kurdish women in Iraq and Syria.

Weak thread title by the way. You Germans have the worst sense of humor. This would have been the perfect opportunity for the phrase "Islamic taint" to go mainstream.

I guess they could head to Aleppo. There's really no where for them to go. They've pissed off every surrounding country and they keep getting beat by hot Kurdish women in Iraq and Syria.

I guess in the areas they've taken they have a huge supply of Sunni men, but no future supply of tanks or heavy weapons.

turkey has the 2nd strongest military in the region.
theyre letting isis run wild outside their borders to get rid of undesireables like assad or kurds

2nd strongest? You mean 2nd to Russia?

I think he was as well, I was just highlighting the irony .... IDF most overrated military in the region, Turkey most underrated. Israel is a tiny state with a relatively small military, Turkey is an enormous state with an enormous military.

Btw, though these things are obviously subjective, here's a fairly decent ranking of the world's most powerful militaries. Turkey at no. 8, Israel at number 11.

http://www.businessinsider.com/11-most-powerful-militaries-in-the-world-2014-4

Last edited:
Erdogan is going to end up eating a giant shit sandwich.

Kobane more than likely will fall, giving ISIS an unbroken, porous border with Turkey. They'll be able to wreak havoc in Turkey when they choose to do so. Conflict with the PKK may reignite, and given regional politics, they'll be backed by both Putin and Iran. With the strain of already more than 2 million refugees in Turkey, their internal security will go to utter shit taking a nice bite of that all precious tourist industry of theirs. All in time for Turkish parliamentary elections next year.

Couldn't happened to a nicer guy.

Erdogan is going to end up eating a giant shit sandwich.

Kobane more than likely will fall, giving ISIS an unbroken, porous border with Turkey. They'll be able to wreak havoc in Turkey when they choose to do so. Conflict with the PKK may reignite, and given regional politics, they'll be backed by both Putin and Iran. With the strain of already more than 2 million refugees in Turkey, their internal security will go to utter shit taking a nice bite of that all precious tourist industry of theirs. All in time for Turkish parliamentary elections next year.

Couldn't happened to a nicer guy.

+1.

The only smart aspect of its play here is that Islamic State and its jihadi hordes may well remember Turkey's support for them, and so choose not to fuck with Turkey or its tourism industry; they will see Turkey as their ally, which realistically it is. By tacitly throwing its weight behind Islamic State, Turkey is hoping it can seal itself off from the chaos to the South and continue to play a game of suppressing Kurds within its own borders. Turkey also hopes its fake calls for Western action against Islamic State will pacify and manipulate the Int'l crowd.

But that game is amateur hour nowadays; this isn't 1915 anymore. The jihadis will not be so readily isolated or controlled, and the Kurds will not be so readily beaten down, and the world will not so easily forget these events or be fooled into thinking the Turks actually oppose Islamic State -- a false claim that nobody in the region believes, and unfortunately for Erdogan nobody outside the region believes either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back