Israel Adesanya has message to Judges/ USADA

To keep it all the way real, you could easily score that fight 29-28 Vettori with Round 1 and 3 being his.
Just saw the fight, honestly there was nothing elite about his striking in those first two rounds. His defence was good but he wasn't landing anything significant either. I could see the first round going either way tbh.

Yep. I thought Israel won the fight by winning 1 and 2, but it doesn't take a huge stretch to see how someone could have given the first to Vettori. It was a much closer fight that Mr. Adesanya is admitting to himself.

You could definitely see flashes of what has people excited about his striking, but the guy has a lot of work to do if he wants to succeed in MMA. I think we'll see him give better performances, and hopefully despite the postfight rhetoric this fight was a bit of a wake up call for him.

Sorry, but you were missing Vittori as much as he was missing you and he was landing a lot. Unless things change, you are going to get shredded by a top MMA striker, let alone a legit grappler and not LNP guy. Honestly, I could see 29-28 Vittori.

This thread

<{jackyeah}>

I like Israel. Shame he will be smashed by guys with a complete mma skill set.

Yep. I thought Israel won the fight by winning 1 and 2, but it doesn't take a huge stretch to see how someone could have given the first to Vettori. It was a much closer fight that Mr. Adesanya is admitting to himself.

You could definitely see flashes of what has people excited about his striking, but the guy has a lot of work to do if he wants to succeed in MMA. I think we'll see him give better performances, and hopefully despite the postfight rhetoric this fight was a bit of a wake up call for him.
I just feel like he's nowhere near active enough.

He missed almost everything he tried, he landed the odd jab and some nice thai elbows, but outside of that it was him trying to look like a defensive marvel rather than a beast on his feet.

Not the point

Plus there's fine line between confidence and being annoying

I've heard more about him pissing and shitting in the octagon yet all I've witnessed is him scrape past the Italian
And beat the worst fighter on roster after probably loosing the 1st

Conor talked a lot of shit after his first two fights but he battered holloway on one leg and knocked brimage out in one round

He needs a humbling if you ask me, rather than accusing the judges of being on drugs why not just finish the fight if your the boss you talk like you are

To keep it all the way real, you could easily score that fight 29-28 Vettori with Round 1 and 3 being his.

I'm glad someone else said that because I got flamed to shit for saying that in the other thread
Easily got the 3rd and I could give him another round based purely on aggression

And lol at him giving props for Vettori's chin, Israel was point fighting the entire fight, never landed anything significant. Really thinks way too highly of himself from that performance.

Someone close to this kid has to sit him down and have a long talk....He needs to slow his roll.

He's got a big mouth for a virtual nobody, and isn't anywhere close to as good as he thinks he is....If he continues down this path, his career is going to crash and burn....

USADA should also be testing themselves cuz you can't be testing while high amirite?

Sorry if duplicate.

Sadly, not really. Sherdog is mostly teenagers or old bitter basement dwellers.
nKu7bo1.png
ezgif.com-gif-maker_10_1.gif

If you don't want it to goto the judges.. finish your opponent.. Otherwise shut up

Besides the take downs in the 3rd round did Vettori actually do anything to look like he was winning the fight?

First round:pretty even but Israel gets the nod because he landed the better strikes and looked better on the feet. He also won the grappling exchanges.
Second round: Israel, he starts to bust up Vettori with counter strikes and a great elbow. Has Vettori on the back foot a time or two.
Third Round: Vettori if you reward take downs and no damage. I actually don't remember him throwing a single strike on the ground. Israel gets up and from the lay and pray.

Yeah "sig strikes" were close, but tell me who really connected with the better stand up?
Do we want to go back to lay and pray ? I am a grappler at heart and it's actually why I love MMA, but you need to do something with the takedowns.
Damage and effectively trying to finish the fight mean more than hit a take down and holding on. Even in grappling points tournaments there is more effort to finish the fight than Vettori in that final round.

I wouldn't have been bothered with all 3 rounds for Israel, if he went for a guillotine, kimura or similar sub off his back.
My understanding damage and attempting to finish the fight score higher than control and forward pressure under the rules these days.

Back