Israeli Minister Says Natalie Portman Bordering on Anti-Semitism as Actor Defends Awards Boycott

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Israeli Energy Minister Yuval Steinitz said that Natalie Portman’s decision not to accept the Genesis Prize borders on anti-Semitism. The Israeli-U.S. actor said she did not want to appear alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at Friday's prize ceremony.

Haaretz. Portman had made a serious mistake and owes Israel an apology, the energy minister said." data-reactid="12" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(38, 40, 42); font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">“Natalie Portman has played into the hands of the worst of our haters and of the worst of the anti-Semites in the Middle East,” Steinitz said in an interview on Sunday with the Kan public broadcasting corporation, as acited by Haaretz. Portman had made a serious mistake and owes Israel an apology, the energy minister said.

“Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitism. Boycotting Israel has elements of anti-Semitism,” Steinitz asserted, adding that Portman would not have boycotted China or India. He said that boycotting the award over Netanyahu's appearance practically constitutes a boycott of Israel

Read the rest here
https://www.yahoo.com/news/israeli-minister-says-natalie-portman-141154490.html

Antisemitism my ass. Zionism and Judaism are extreme opposites. This is a person with morals and a conscience. Hats off to her for standing up to these sociopaths.

She's just virtue signalling to Hollywood, liberals are anti semetic these days.

“Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitism. Boycotting Israel has elements of anti-Semitism,” Steinitz asserted, adding that Portman would not have boycotted China or India. He said that boycotting the award over Netanyahu's appearance practically constitutes a boycott of Israel

This is pretty dumb. Israel is a country, and Netanyahu is the leader of that country. Judaism is a religion.

There is no way to justify saying that protesting Netanyahu is practically equal to protesting Israel which is practically equal to protesting Judaism. Lol. That's a bunch of nonsense.

She's just virtue signalling to Hollywood, liberals are anti semetic these days.

Lol. You heard it here first folks. A Jewish, Israeli born actress is actually faking being antisemitic because Hollywood hates Jewish people.

Lol. You heard it here first folks. A Jewish, Israeli born actress is actually faking being antisemitic because Hollywood hates Jewish people.

Close. I don't think she's being anti semetic, I think she's distancing herself from him because yes, among Hollywood elites Israel and Benjamin are the enemy and Palestinians are the good guys.

Close. I don't think she's being anti semetic, I think she's distancing herself from him because yes, among Hollywood elites Israel and Benjamin are the enemy and Palestinians are the good guys.

This has to be a troll job, right?

This should be linked into the "what is a SJW?" thread. This is a really good example of somebody randomly accusing a person of "virtue signaling" when it does not make any sense at all.

hqdefault.jpg

I'm sure this will play well with her Hollywood overlords.

This girl is hot, brilliant and woke af. marry me

The charge of antisemitism has become one of the greatest hoaxes of our time:

"Anti-semitic", "its a trick we always use it"
--Former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni

Half of the big wigs in Hollywood are jewish.

Guy in the OP is a dummy. Netanyahu doesn't represent the Jewish religion. He's a guy that Portman disagrees with based on actions and not religious belief. I don't see how one could claim it's anti semetic. That's like saying it's anti-Christian to not support Trump.

Antisemitism my ass. Zionism and Judaism are extreme opposites. This is a person with morals and a conscience. Hats off to her for standing up to these sociopaths.

Sociopaths? That is very questionable choice of words there

This is pretty dumb. Israel is a country, and Netanyahu is the leader of that country. Judaism is a religion.

There is no way to justify saying that protesting Netanyahu is practically equal to protesting Israel which is practically equal to protesting Judaism. Lol. That's a bunch of nonsense.

Judiasim is a culture the majority of jews are atheist or non religious secular. They still identify as jewish

Back