It has actually been longer since Conor fought in the UFC than Rousy.

I can't tell what triggers Sherdog more:

1. Sherdog's man crush, Yoel, going 0-2 vs Whittaker and never being a champion
2. Conor being the only champ-champ in history, going 10 close rounds with May and now being larger than the UFC.

Conor also fought 4 times in less than a year while Rousey took her hiatus.

Thread title is a little narrow minded since Conor has fought "for" the UFC since then. Anywayz... Conor doesn't need the UFC to be trending in order to pull a 10 million paycheck by drawing 7 figure PPV buyz. All he needs is the right opponent.

P.S. TS.... - Rousey didn't even start making "McGregor numbers" until after Mac began his PPV run. Prior to that she was way less than Mac's lowest PPV. If anything their successes amplified each other.

Conor has sold the same amount of PPV's in 5 fights as Rousey did for 8. He never needed her in order to make his numbers.

2/23/2013 UFC 157 Rousey vs Carmouche 450,000
12/28/2013 UFC 168 Weidman vs Silva II 1,025,000 (obviously this was Spider/Weidman II that sold this one.)
2/22/2014 UFC 170 Rousey vs McMann 350,000
7/5/2014 UFC 175 Weidman vs Machida 545,000
2/28/2015 UFC 184 Rousey vs Zingano 600,000
  • 07/11/15 UFC 189 McGregor vs Mendes 825,000 (mac's first & lowest PPV)
8/1/2015 UFC 190 Rousey vs Correia 900,000
11/15/2015 UFC 193 Rousey vs Holm 1,100,000
12/30/16 UFC 207 Nunes vs. Rousey 1,100,000

Last edited:
Just one title defence from Conor. That is all I have ever asked from him. Just one.

He was scheduled to defend his CW FW belt before he instead KTFO their 155 champ because his opponent pulled out.

You wouldnt know it by how frequently his name comes up. No one really talks about Ronda. But Conor is stil prob the number one most discussed fighter and hes been gone for a long time. SHows how his value is likely more than all the other fighters combined.

Only stupid McFans would think McGregor has chance against big wrestlers like Khabib and Kevin Lee. He might have punchers chance if he is still an unknown fighter. No way he has any chance against elite bigger wrestlers after he got exposed multiple times in his career. Kind of like Paul Daley who hits harder than McGregor, even an old Jon Fitch wrestler fucked him

Daley doesn't have half the standup skills conor has...how many titles has daley won? I rest my case..daley is a good striker...conor is a world class mma striker...big difference...conor gets rid of guys in under 2 rounds...while daley can't even cut in the ufc...

I saw something the other day saying people are sick of her attitude.

So theyre probably done with her
lol..

its all pretend.. and then she got pretend suspended for pretend flipping out in the ring and pretend beating up kurt angle and a bunch of refs..

and the whle storyline is based around her being a rookie and having no respect backstage

its all pretend...

The new owners don’t have nearly the same bargaining skills as the Fertittas did...They need some of that old Vegas charm to lure him back into the octagon!

Back