It is now clear that Demetrious Johnson did indeed duck TJ Dillashaw

Just playing the devil’s advocate here. The difference was that DJ was protecting his legacy as a long time dominant champ while Cejudo is looking for the money fight because the risk/reward ratio is better for him.

This is the fight BUSINESS. I don't see why more people don't understand that.

What's funny is the same posters claiming DJ WASNT ducking cejudo are the ones who called GSP a duck for not moving up to fight Anderson

If a guy says he'll fight you at your weight class and you refuse, you're a duck. That's why TJ said he wanted to go DOWN to begin with.

MM came up with a hundred excuses as to why he wouldn't face TJ in his own weight class(125 lbs). On the other hand, as soon as Cejudo got the belt, Dillashaw vs Cejudo was all but signed. The sensible conclusion here is that DJ purposefully avoided the BW champion.

Youre an idiot dude..honestly. DJ on like 20 different occasions publically stated he would fight TJ for the right amount of money (he asked for 1 mill). They didnt pay him.

You guys have to be braindead to suggest he was ducking him.

Moraes is the only worthy contender imo. Cruz has been sitting out for 2 years, I don't think he deserves a title shot

I have no idea why the UFC goes so far out of their way to market Cruz.
Broadcasting, ads, interviews.

He’s a boring point fighter and extremely unlikeable guy.

Didn't DJ say he would fight him for $1 mil? Personally I don't think that's asking too much if you're a champion who has defended the belt almost a dozen times and headlined just as many cards. Also, if the UFC can pay guys like CM $500k/fight then they can afford to pay DJ $1 mil.

It'll be the last mens 125lb fight in the UFC.

DJ didn't take the fight because he didn't want to close the division.

Let me go through a complete training camp and put that damage on my body to fight a guy who hasn't even proven he could make 125. Oh and get paid peanuts to defend MY belt.

Yup...ducking confirmed!
<JagsKiddingMe>

Didn't DJ say he would fight him for $1 mil? Personally I don't think that's asking too much if you're a champion who has defended the belt almost a dozen times and headlined just as many cards. Also, if the UFC can pay guys like CM $500k/fight then they can afford to pay DJ $1 mil.
Actually DJ said sure, he'll fight him. But if TJ misses weight DJ gets his own entire fight purse, and he also gets TJ's fight purse. The UFC promised TJ would make weight, but refused to take that deal.

Lmao no shit!!! of course he did... only a dumbfuck or an extreme Dj fanboy would say otherwise.

We've all known this for awhile. Johnson wanted nothing to do with him.

Actually DJ said sure, he'll fight him. But if TJ misses weight DJ gets his own entire fight purse, and he also gets TJ's fight purse. The UFC promised TJ would make weight, but refused to take that deal.
Interesting. Did not know the UFC offered him the money.

Youre an idiot dude..honestly. DJ on like 20 different occasions publically stated he would fight TJ for the right amount of money (he asked for 1 mill). They didnt pay him.

You guys have to be braindead to suggest he was ducking him.
He priced himself out, other words for ducking

You'd have to be braindead not to recognize what was going on

Why should tj get a shot at mm weight? Stupid of Henry to accept a fight he's going to lose,and yet if they loses he looks soft.

Let me go through a complete training camp and put that damage on my body to fight a guy who hasn't even proven he could make 125. Oh and get paid peanuts to defend MY belt.

Yup...ducking confirmed!
<JagsKiddingMe>
Yeah instead he fought pullout-merchant Ray Borg, who's missed weight several times. Sounds consistent
<JagsKiddingMe>

TJ moving down to face him wouldn't have been a title defense notch on his belt?
DJ ducked TJ, there's no if's and's or but's about it. No idea why he did, but it cost him his respect in the ufc. Enjoy mopping the floors after your events at rizen or one fs wherever tf you went...
DJ is probably going to make more at ONE than he would have staying in the UFC.

Alvarez left because the money was too good (8 figure contract) and DJ got more.

Yep and now tj is holding up the 135 division. The ufc is a mess right now. We are going to go atleast 2 and half yrs with Cody vs tj being the only title fights at bw.
Holding up? Cruz is holding up the division. We have #1 and #2 contenders who won’t prove their spot lmao. Moraes nearly deserves his shot but Cruz should definitely fight him to keep the division moving.

Back