It is now clear that Demetrious Johnson did indeed duck TJ Dillashaw

The UFC told MM that Borg was the only fight he was being offered and he accepted, then they bring up the TJ fight with Borg as a standby in case TJ missed weight. Effectively, the UFC guaranteed that TJ would make weight, but had a standby planned. MM asked to be guaranteed his money if TJ missed and the UFC said no, so he opted to fight the guy he had already signed to fight. His employer, the promotion itself accused him of being scared.

You guys say he was ducking because he didn't bend over and take it from the UFC. I'd hate to see how you're treated by your employer.

This move is a last ditch effort by the UFC to save 125 OR make one last buck from a “super fight” before they scrap it.

Holding up? Cruz is holding up the division. We have #1 and #2 contenders who won’t prove their spot lmao. Moraes nearly deserves his shot but Cruz should definitely fight him to keep the division moving.

Are you high on crack? TJ is the champion. Why the fuck should Cruz fight Moraes?

Are you high on crack? TJ is the champion. Why the fuck should Cruz fight Moraes?
Because Cruz has sat out for a year not doing shit and thinks he’s owed a title shot? Tj basically drew with Cruz andfought 3 top contenders

TJ outweighs MM by close to 20 lbs or 15% of their weight

You can duck guys 15% bigger than you now? Huh.

Are you clueless? This entire trade was his idea. Your name does not suit you at all.
where the fuck did you get this from? Sorry bro i don't have dj's twitchfeed plugged into my ballsack. I've not heard of this being his idea nor seen it posted in any article on sherdogs front page and sherdog plagiarizes everyones articles.

TJ was going to move down to beat mouse in his own division. stop with your retarded bullshit.

Moving down and cutting more weight doesn't mean you are not a naturally bigger guy, which TJ is

This concept of "ducking" people from other weightclasses is one of the most retarded things currently popular on here

Because Cruz has sat out for a year not doing shit and thinks he’s owed a title shot? Tj basically drew with Cruz andfought 3 top contenders

Who the fuck is talking about Cruz getting a title shot?

The issue is guys like Moraes and Assuncao getting jobbed for a totally pointless fight.

Moraes is coming off of back-to-back finishes over contenders who'd never been stopped before, and Assuncao's only loss at 135 in the UFC is to Dillashaw. They've earned title shots.

The fact that Cruz got to fuck up the rotation by defending against Faber and Cody is exactly why Dillashaw shouldn't be wasting time with Cejudo.

Moving down and cutting more weight doesn't mean you are not a naturally bigger guy, which TJ is

This concept of "ducking" people from other weightclasses is one of the most retarded things currently popular on here

tenor.gif

MM came up with a hundred excuses as to why he wouldn't face TJ in his own weight class(125 lbs). On the other hand, as soon as Cejudo got the belt, Dillashaw vs Cejudo was all but signed. The sensible conclusion here is that DJ purposefully avoided the BW champion.
DJ is the FLW GOAT.
He was at an unbeaten strike and he had absolutely no reason to fight TJ, a guy who just got the belt and that never fought at his WC.

Cejudo just got the belt. Had nothing to defend, and his WC is closing out.
this is big money since dumbasses like you think "champion versus Champion" is a super-fight without understanding that it would only be so if those were fighters that cleaned up their divisions, like GSP & Silva did.
It would be far better to convince DJ to move up, but UFC didn't want to risk TJ losing his belt, nor pay DJ what he was worth.

Pretty much. Intellectually, I understand the decision. TJ is a significantly bigger guy whos also better than any of the guys MM was crushing. Plus, TJ actually making weight was questionable at best. He's not a small BW and he's never fought at 125.

As a fight fan and a martial artist myself though, it's still a pretty weak move.

Are you people stupid?
Sherdog has some of the dumbest people on the face of the planet.

It has taken you this long to realize that mm ducked tj? really?

where the fuck did you get this from? Sorry bro i don't have dj's twitchfeed plugged into my ballsack. I've not heard of this being his idea nor seen it posted in any article on sherdogs front page and sherdog plagiarizes everyones articles.

So in other words you haven't read anything about the trade and are talking out of your ass. You could read literally any article breaking down the trade, or better yet, watch the high profile interviews both Askren and DJ and did on Ariel's ESPN mma show (from which the majority of mma news is taken from).

Your complete ignorance is not my problem.

Lol DJ is heavier than Cody Garbrandt fight night. Size is just yet another excuse, Cejudo had no problem signing the contract

DJ is the FLW GOAT.
He was at an unbeaten strike and he had absolutely no reason to fight TJ, a guy who just got the belt and that never fought at his WC.

Cejudo just got the belt. Had nothing to defend, and his WC is closing out.
this is big money since dumbasses like you think "champion versus Champion" is a super-fight without understanding that it would only be so if those were fighters that cleaned up their divisions, like GSP & Silva did.
It would be far better to convince DJ to move up, but UFC didn't want to risk TJ losing his belt, nor pay DJ what he was worth.
A true GOAT like José Aldo had no problem in facing former LW champion like Frankie Edgar, despite the latter having no FW fights

Lol DJ is heavier than Cody Garbrandt fight night. Size is just yet another excuse, Cejudo had no problem signing the contract

No, both DJ and Garbrandt are 142 in-cage

Dillashaw is 150

As for Cejudo... it's not like he had a choice is it? They're shutting down 125, his options are go up to 135 and face TJ or leave.

I don't understand, are you actually disputing that TJ is a weightclass bigger than MM? Because he is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back