It is now clear that Demetrious Johnson did indeed duck TJ Dillashaw

The ONLY thing I think DJ did wrong in his time at the UFC was refuse that fight. I get why he did at 1st. I get that he wants to take the high road and fight people that have earned the right to fight him through winning fights in the division.

TJ called him out before and after he got the belt at 135. Would've been a great fight. Wouldb've been very easy to promote and would've made him some good money... these are things he mentioned about the UFC 125 belt that bothered him.

It seemed like he just didn't want to fight TJ in the end. As if he'd made a principled point to not fight him without TJ having had fights at his weight and working his way up....That could've been the case. But really. TJ Dillashaw beat the breaks off a guy that was seen pretty much as the best under 155lber not called Jose Aldo at one point...His name on your resume would NOT look shabby... and for a warrior like DJ, I find it hard to see why he would not want that fight. But it looks much more like he just didn't want anything to do with TJ.... I'm not saying it is.... Just looks a lot like that.

And as soon as he picked a fight with Dana over not being promoted properly... Turning down the most promotable fight available to you is something else
It wasn’t about taking the high road. It was about getting an easy fight.

No, both DJ and Garbrandt are 142 in-cage

Dillashaw is 150

As for Cejudo... it's not like he had a choice is it? They're shutting down 125, his options are go up to 135 and face TJ or leave.

I don't understand, are you actually disputing that TJ is a weightclass bigger than MM? Because he is.
TJ would've faced MM @ 125 lbs. Size difference would've been minimal. DJ ducked him, there is no way around it

A true GOAT like José Aldo had no problem in facing former LW champion like Frankie Edgar, despite the latter having no FW fights
Frankie had title defenses.
He lost his belt and moved down. And stayed down. TJ was not willing to stay down.
Very big difference.

TJ just got the belt and is only looking for fights outside his division.

Moving down and cutting more weight doesn't mean you are not a naturally bigger guy, which TJ is

This concept of "ducking" people from other weightclasses is one of the most retarded things currently popular on here
I don’t know how a person can be this stupid. He was going to fight in MM’s weight class. People come down in weight all the time, dumbass.

Honestly I have no clue what the UFC’s booking strategy is. Makes a mockery of the sport, decades of effort, and a billion dollar business predicated on MMA being run differently than boxing.

I miss Lorenzo.

I don’t know how a person can be this stupid. He was going to fight in MM’s weight class. People come down in weight all the time, dumbass.

I gotta say that as a group, MM haters are probably the second dumbest group on here after the Conor financial fans

The irony of all this is thay I think that TJ is overrated and that MM would have had a good shot against him so I have a hard time believing he was ducking.

He is a can crusher. He ran to Japan to fight more cans.

TJ would've faced MM @ 125 lbs. Size difference would've been minimal. DJ ducked him, there is no way around it

At 125 he would have still outweighed MM by close to 10lbs in-cage

And again... what is the proof that he ducked? That Cejudo signed? Huh? There are a million reasons why he might not have agreed to the fight.... and I really doubt being scared of TJ fuckin Dillashaw of all people had anything to do with it.

At 125 he would have still outweighed MM by close to 10lbs in-cage

And again... what is the proof that he ducked? That Cejudo signed? Huh? There are a million reasons why he might not have agreed to the fight.... and I really doubt being scared of TJ fuckin Dillashaw of all people had anything to do with it.
If TJ makes 125, you can't use the size excuse.

DJ cuts more weight than a lot of people, going by the breakdowns after the last UFC he fought on. He had a larger % weight gain once in the cage than Cody did at BW.

Moraes is the only worthy contender imo. Cruz has been sitting out for 2 years, I don't think he deserves a title shot

Assuncao (sp?) is 1-0 against Marlon and 1-1 against Dillashaw. Fight should be his by rights.

Yep and now tj is holding up the 135 division. The ufc is a mess right now. We are going to go atleast 2 and half yrs with Cody vs tj being the only title fights at bw.
holding up the 135 division? how so?

holding up the 135 division? how so?
Cruz fought garbrant in December of 2016. Since that time there have been 2 title fights in nearly 2 yrs. Both fights were tj vs Cody. Tj is signed to fight in January. He won’t be back in the octagon for a minimum of 6 months. At the earliest the next title fight at 135 will be in the summer . The will be over 2 and half yrs since anybody but Cody and tj fought for the title. That’s the definition of holding up the division.

If TJ makes 125, you can't use the size excuse.

DJ cuts more weight than a lot of people, going by the breakdowns after the last UFC he fought on. He had a larger % weight gain once in the cage than Cody did at BW.

Cody should have been at 125 all along, dunno what he was thinking

Hypothetically if Khabib was willing to kill himself cutting to 145, and Max turned down the fight, for any reason at all, would you give him shit for ducking? If Cormier could cut to 185 and Whittaker said no because, let's say they didn't offer him enough money, is he also ducking?

Basically I don't like the creeping expansion of the word "ducking" to basically mean "not fighting the guy I think he should fight regardless of weightclasses". It will just lead to even more retarded fighter-bashing.

Guys turn down fights all the time for reasons other than "they're scared", it's usually about money, and only the biggest dumbasses immediately, without knowing any details, jump to "lololol he was ducking i knew it!"

That is straight up like elementary school thinking....

Last edited:
MM came up with a hundred excuses as to why he wouldn't face TJ in his own weight class(125 lbs). On the other hand, as soon as Cejudo got the belt, Dillashaw vs Cejudo was all but signed. The sensible conclusion here is that DJ purposefully avoided the BW champion.

You are a troll. Sorry to burst your bubble but no one was “ducking” anyone and only a little keyboard warrior like yourself would sit there and say a professional fighter is ducking another fighter. I know this will be hard to comprehend but here is what it all boiled down to....MONEY.

MM wanted his red panty night and this was his best shot at getting it in the UFC so he tried leveraging the fight to get paid. Contrary to just bleed fans such as yourself these guys are PRIZE fighters, it’s what they do to make a living and provide for their families so you can’t blame a guy for not looking at for his best interests first.

Use your head dude.

Cody should have been at 125 all along, dunno what he was thinking

Hypothetically if Khabib was willing to kill himself cutting to 145, and Max turned down the fight, for any reason at all, would you give him shit for ducking? If Cormier could cut to 185 and Whittaker said no because, let's say they didn't offer him enough money, is he also ducking?

Basically I don't like the creeping expansion of the word "ducking" to basically mean "not fighting the guy I think he should fight regardless of weightclasses". It will just lead to even more retarded fighter-bashing.

Guys turn down fights all the time for reasons other than "they're scared", and only the biggest dumbasses immediately, without knowing any details, jump to "lololol he was ducking i knew it!"

That is straight up like elementary school thinking....
So DJ wasn't ducking when he used weight as an excuse when he opted to fight Ray Borg, who had missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights while TJ never missed weight in his career?

If it's not ducking, please do explain the reasons why DJ would not fight TJ. He wanted a retarded amount of money, thinking he deserved it when no one pays to see him fight.

So DJ wasn't ducking when he used weight as an excuse when he opted to fight Ray Borg, who had missed weight in 2 of his last 4 fights while TJ never missed weight in his career?

If it's not ducking, please do explain the reasons why DJ would not fight TJ. He wanted a retarded amount of money, thinking he deserved it when no one pays to see him fight.

Well, he thought he deserved it. The UFC disagreed. They parted ways.

That is how the adult business world works.

"Lolololol he was scared bro!" is how playground fights in elementary school work.

TJ moving down to face him wouldn't have been a title defense notch on his belt?
DJ ducked TJ, there's no if's and's or but's about it. No idea why he did, but it cost him his respect in the ufc. Enjoy mopping the floors after your events at rizen or one fs wherever tf you went...

MM signed an 8 figure deal. I don't think he'll need to be mopping floors.

Well, he thought he deserved it. The UFC disagreed. They parted ways.

That is how the adult business world works.

"Lolololol he was scared bro!" is how playground fights in elementary school work.
You sound rather childish, going from an honest conversation to name calling. That's some elementary school bullshit. If all you can do is insult when you disagree with someone, you're the child, not me.

Yep and now tj is holding up the 135 division. The ufc is a mess right now. We are going to go atleast 2 and half yrs with Cody vs tj being the only title fights at bw.
Why does TJ have to do the UFC any favors. They sure as fuck haven't done him any, that's for sure. TJ's the kind of guy who doesn't play that "company man" shit if the employer doesn't properly reward him, he did that earlier in his career and it got him nowhere.

Back