It is sort of funny how body types get translated into MMA.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Overeem has legions of worshipers, yet does not have a great record compared to a lot of the top heavyweights. But that bod! And Roy Nelson among a few other fighters get called morbidly obese. I am not saying everyone does this, but the kids really fall into this trap.

So this is what the only undefeated heavyweight boxer looks like. This guy won 49 fights, 43 by KO.
He actually only weighed around 185 lb's for most of his career.

s-l300.jpg

Overeem has legions of worshipers, yet does not have a great record compared to a lot of the top heavyweights. But that bod! And Roy Nelson among a few other fighters get called morbidly obese. I am not saying everyone does this, but the kids really fall into this trap.

So this is what the only undefeated heavyweight boxer looks like. This guy won 49 fights, 43 by KO.
He actually only weighed around 185 lb's for most of his career.

s-l300.jpg
Your point?? Overeem doesn’t have “legions of fans” for his body. Look at his accomplishments. Even Marciano would have got his legs destroyed by top level kickboxers. People call Nelson fat because he is.... I’m a fan of Roy but it looks incredibly unprofessional to be that fat in such a demanding sport. How your body looks has nothing to do with popularity. Woodley is ripped as fuck and gets more hate than most.

Your point?? Overeem doesn’t have “legions of fans” for his body. Look at his accomplishments. Even Marciano would have got his legs destroyed by top level kickboxers. People call Nelson fat because he is.... I’m a fan of Roy but it looks incredibly unprofessional to be that fat in such a demanding sport.
My point was exactly what I just said. Overeem has legions of fans because of his body. Simple fact. You saying something else has nothing to do with this fact. And ya sort of proved my Nelson point by ripping on him.

My point was exactly what I just said. Overeem has legions of fans because of his body. Simple fact. You saying something else has nothing to do with this fact. And ya sort of proved my Nelson point by ripping on him.
Do you know anything about overeem or his accomplishments? You completely disregarded what I just stated.

Roy Nelson called morbidly obese I'm outraged

Pretty soon people are going to start calling mighty mouse short!

the nerve of these young kids today

What's your point? There is no denying that Roy Nelson is obese and that it's detrimental for athletes to be obese. Overeem has a very long career and has fought in some of the most popular orgs at a high level over a crazy long time which is likelier why he has fans, not his admittedly great body.

Marciano is completely irrelevant in this discussion, a fighter from over half a century ago. Modern heavyweights are significantly bigger in height and weight.

Overeem's one of the best heavyweights of all time, I don't think his fans have anything to do with his body.... what a ridiculous claim. Like yeah when he was Ubereem his body was obviously insane, but so was his success in the cage. I do not see what your point is at all.

To be fair there is something about watching a yolked guy on ALL the horsemeat engage in combat. Fans like fighters and fights to be larger than life

When the average guy looks at people on the street wondering if they are tough, they don't wonder"hmmm does that guy do bjj?" They look at how jacked they are

TS has a point. What about that unhealthy obsession the UFC has with Sage? I don't think that can be explained by his success in the cage.

Fedor is super popular and Chieck Kongo is not. Your thread is invalid!

Hell, even a guy like Karo Parisyan despite looking flabby and not a physical specimen was pretty damn popular compared to a guy like Sean Sherk.

Impressive physique works if you can back it up with freakishly fast muscle fibers like Randleman. (rip)

To be fair there is something about watching a yolked guy on ALL the horsemeat engage in combat. Fans like fighters and fights to be larger than life

When the average guy looks at people on the street wondering if they are tough, they don't wonder"hmmm does that guy do bjj?" They look at how jacked they are

You sound gay, not that there's anything wrong with it obviously. Let it be.

Fedor is super popular and Chieck Kongo is not. Your thread is invalid!

Hell, even a guy like Karo Parisyan despite looking flabby and not a physical specimen was pretty damn popular compared to a guy like Pete Spratt.

Impressive physique works if you can back it up with freakishly fast muscle fibers like Randleman. (rip)

Also Mark Hunt, who is even fatter than Nelson has a pretty big following too.

Overeem's one of the best heavyweights of all time, I don't think his fans have anything to do with his body.... what a ridiculous claim. Like yeah when he was Ubereem his body was obviously insane, but so was his success in the cage. I do not see what your point is at all.
That great success against Bigfoot right? He was 2-3 in his first 5 UFC fights and i believe that was ubereem run. econoreem has done more. He wasnt that big size-wise in pride. There also wasnt a lot of talk about before he signed to the UFC. Id say he really got popular as ubereem and his size definitely sold him thats why the ufc pushed him and signed such a large original contract for him

Perhaps you're right. But I do find it suspicious that whenever there's a "War Overeem!" post predicting he's going to make mincemeat of his next opponent, if they include pictures they're ALWAYS ones from his Ubereem phase and not the current incarnation.

Marciano fought in an era where pretty much no one was jacked. What do you think Anthony Joshua would do to him? Also Joe Louis, Jersey Joe Walcott and Archie Moore were the only notable names on his record He fought Archie 20 years into his career and Joe Louis 17 years into his career, so while those fights look awesome on paper they're the equivalent of Danny Green beating Roy Jones Jr or Pacquiao losing to Jeff Horn.

Pretty good bod on Marciano though.

Marciano was born nearly 100 years ago in 1923, try living in this century

Back