It just dawned on me why UFC 228 has three women's fights

I think TS might be on to something! Can't wait for the lousy buyrate to come back and Tyron won't be able to say anything <45>

It's like when those wealthy Brooklyn liberals opposed re-districting that would bring more black kids into their exclusive schools

I don't care if anyone disagrees, I think TS is right. Maybe revenge against Tyron and Till for their boring performances as of late. The only fight i plan to watch on the main is Zabit. 3 wmma fights on a ppv lol, fuck right off

Plot twist: WMMA is more popular than Woodley, and Dana is actually rewarding Woodley since he is one of two lineal champions that will be ready to fight before 2019.

Lost it at Dana not being petty
Yup!

Yes this event's main card to me smacks of them actually stacking the card with WMMA fights and they know from the PPV-buys data that is likely to actually reduce PPV buys (historically).
So yes i'd have to think Mob69 more or less got it right. I like WMMA fights so i'm not putting them down, it's just the historical PPV-buys data that the UFC can see.

UFC are essentially trying to sacrifice PPV-sales on this card to give Woodley the middle-finger, as he will be on a percent-cut of the PPV revenue. And as a return middle-finger, Woodley has already said "If Till doesn't make it, I ain't fighting Usman".

They can all deny it as much as they want, but that's my take on it.

I can almost guarantee you a really hefty locker-room bonus to Till if he a) makes weight and b) beats Woodley.
And i'm sure Dana has told Till that too, already.

Last edited:
I think TS might be on to something! Can't wait for the lousy buyrate to come back and Tyron won't be able to say anything <45>

It's like when those wealthy Brooklyn liberals opposed re-districting that would bring more black kids into their exclusive schools

The last thing WME want/need is one of their champions publicly ranting about racism around the time that the ESPN deal kicks in. That would be a bad look and generate a few negative headlines, even though we all know that it is bullshit.

This is a helpful way to gag Tyron, because if he complains about the PPV, Dana can just turn around and demand to know why he is picking on the women...

<seedat>

It's possible but I think it's unlikely. Could just be coincidence that three women's fights happen to be on the same card and I don't think Dana is that evil or petty. Who knows maybe the card does really well with buys and then everybody's happy :D

You don't think Dana is that evil or petty? Aw, look at you. Like a shiny new penny.

I'll take 3 women fights over 3 Heavyweight or Flyweight fights.

fuck_off_jack_nicholson.gif

He's rich now even more so than he was before. He did his part and put in work to promote and build the ufc to where it is today. I can't see him doing anything like that at this stage. If this is some sort of indirect crack at Woodley then you can bet that it's coming from wme and not from Dana

Thanks. Very Machiavellian, admittedly.

I'd watch 3 women's fights over watching Woodley any day of the week...

Fuck it, it'd watch a hedgehog fighting with a leaf in the back yard over watching Woodley fight .

Damien Maia has been part of 2 of the worst title fights in history, as the CONTENDER. And people fucking love him. And Wonderboy isn't exactly know for exciting fights.

But Tyron Woodley is one the most hated guys on Sherdog. I will never understand this place, and that's ok.

nah, they are punishing the woman for having Tyron on card
Good one! I laughed. It is possible Dana is trying to kill three birds with one . .

As long as it shatters the lowest PPV numbers of all time, maybe the UFC could use this to jettison Ftarded WMMA from the UFC where is does not belong.

I'll take 3 women fights over 3 Heavyweight or Flyweight fights.
So you would rather see: Casey/Hill 2, Taylor/Moroz 2, & Markos/Cooper

OVER: Cejudo/Mouse 2, Figueirdo/Ortiz, & Moraga/Sasaki?

AND: Reem/Tybura, JDS/Tuivasa, & Harris/Willis?

I don't believe you

UFC cards getting so bad that I won’t even bother to stream it.

Plot twist there’s only 2 WMMA fights on the PPV card! Niko fight got bumped up and Carla fight got bumped to the prelims

Is Dana trying to punish Tyron for being a whinging SJW by ensuring that he doesn't get any extra revenue for the fight through PPV points? Tyron complains about the UFC at every opportunity. He has dropped veiled hints of racism towards the company, its leadership, even its commentators. We all know that there is a strong mutual antipathy. Tyron thinks is due to prejudice. He conveniently disregards the fact that he has been a part of several of the most boring fights of all time. Woodley has had a similarly antagonistic relationship with the fanbase.

Dana seems to have played this one quite cleverly: if Tyron complains about this card being unappealing, he will stand accused of sexism due to the large number of WMMA fights on the main card! So he can't do his usual pre- and post-fight SJW routine without being caught in the same trap he deploys against others. He would risk public vilification.

If one were to purpose build a card in order to piss Tyron off while simultaneously shutting him up, this would be the way to do it.

<seedat><seedat><seedat>

<TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald>

<Dana05>

Well put. You're probably right. Fire and ice strategy.

WMMA and crybaby Tyrone. I hope this card breaks 100k...

<Dany07>

Back