'It smells like death:' Alabama endures New York City 'poop train'

That's what you get when you vote against that pesky regulation, that's the smell of freedom Boys! Take a big sniff!
The libertarian wet dream of how society should be would see shit from rich States and cities being dumped on poorer ones.

Roll Tide!

Now that I got that out the way...

Fuck outta here with all that bitching, worry about the shit thats been there fucking the quality of air up and the shit they keep dumping in the river.

Most the people bitching prolly live throwing distance from a paper mill, scrap yard or some sort of Fraking.

LOL.

It's unbelievable that we don't have giant spots dug out in the desert yet, for stuff we can't get rid of otherwise. We've had the tech for at least a decade+ to safely line gigantic pits. It would save so much money in the long run.

No reason to bury it in the desert. Spread it on top or plow it into the surface to enrich the soil.

Waste is a problem everywhere. The county I live in bought land and built a facility to provide a landfill for the county for at least 100 years. The county limited what could be put in the dump and what had to be recycled. The county board decided that it was costing too much to run the dump and decided to sell it to a garbage company.

Under county ownership, the goal was to keep the site from filling up and they only allowed garbage from inside the county and charged haulers by the ton. Under private ownership, the goal was to take in as much garbage as possible to make as much money as possible as fast as possible.

That company immediately started hauling garbage from Minnesota. The county was powerless to stop it and the 100 year landfill was filled in 12 years. The county was faced with the decision to sell the garbage company more land or go back into the landfill business. Of course the short sighted bureaucrats decided to sell the land to put it off for another few years.

No reason to bury it in the desert. Spread it on top or plow it into the surface to enrich the soil.

Waste is a problem everywhere. The county I live in bought land and built a facility to provide a landfill for the county for at least 100 years. The county limited what could be put in the dump and what had to be recycled. The county board decided that it was costing too much to run the dump and decided to sell it to a garbage company.

Under county ownership, the goal was to keep the site from filling up and they only allowed garbage from inside the county and charged haulers by the ton. Under private ownership, the goal was to take in as much garbage as possible to make as much money as possible as fast as possible.

That company immediately started hauling garbage from Minnesota. The county was powerless to stop it and the 100 year landfill was filled in 12 years. The county was faced with the decision to sell the garbage company more land or go back into the landfill business. Of course the short sighted bureaucrats decided to sell the land to put it off for another few years.
Wow what a mess.

I think the problem with this waste is that it has too many heavy metals in it. I don't know how expensive it is to clean up though.

Could you make yourself be straight?

If I can choose my gender, then I can choose my sexuality. It is all merely a social construct. The oppression started the day the doctor smacked my ass to make me cry and announced, "It's a boy."

If I can choose my gender, then I can choose my sexuality. It is all merely a social construct. The oppression started the day the doctor smacked my ass to make me cry and announced, "It's a boy."

You aren't being oppressed. It seems, to me, that you are angry that you are attracted to men. Embrace it. Be yourself. Even the "tough" guys I know would be cool if that's your thing.

If you are trolling you are an asshole btw.

Well, that's not too bad.

What if Cali or NY sent all their extra waste to your neighborhood though. That wouldn't be cool.

Alabama is being paid good money to receive it. They are under no obligation to do so and could easily pass laws to stop it. The reality is that there has been no will in the Alabama legislature to pass environmental regulations for many years. Instead, Alabama has decided that attracting businesses and tax revenue is more important.

Haha, I don't want to hear any bitching from the anti environment right. Maybe environmental regulations aren't so bad after all huh? Enjoy the shit train.

From here on out the Crimson Tide will be known as the Brown Tide.

Alabama is being paid good money to receive it. They are under no obligation to do so and could easily pass laws to stop it. The reality is that there has been no will in the Alabama legislature to pass environmental regulations for many years. Instead, Alabama has decided that attracting businesses and tax revenue is more important.
Not really defending the state of Alabama, moreso the 900+ civilians who have to endure it. They had no say in the matter.

I understand "boo hoo, small town rednecks!", but sometimes it's better not having a million people surrounding you at all times.

Not really defending the state of Alabama, moreso the 900+ civilians who have to endure it. They had no say in the matter.

I understand "boo hoo, small town rednecks!", but sometimes it's better not having a million people surrounding you at all times.

The people of Alabama vote for the guys who refuse to regulate things like this. They got what they voted for.

Someone should take one of those Indian "poo in the loo or poo in the street" memes and photoshop New Yorker and Albama into it.

This train probably attracts a lot of flies and gay men.

I agree, I probably misread your first quote as “Imagine if New York or LA were sending you their waste without your permission.”

LMAO I never realized stuff like this was so common in the south. This has to be some kind of divine poetic justice for their involvement in slavery. Beautiful. Just fucking beautiful.

Man imagine explaining what you do for a living to your friends and family.

Friend: What do you do for a living?

Engineer: I'm a train engineer.

Friend: Cool! What do you haul?

Engineer: Shit. Human shit.

Friend: ...............So that's what that smell is.

In all my travels the people in Alabama were the absolute most unfriendly fuckers I've ever met. Let them smell shit.

Roll Tide you fucking 'Bamas.

Seriously? Care to expand on "all my travels"?

I've actually never been to Alabama . . . but I'm surprised to hear this . . .

Back