It sucks that we have to waste our lives earning a living

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I’m grateful to have a good job and a nice home and a son. I know most of he world is struggling compared to us.

But if we lived in a world where we didn’t have to work or provide, we could spend all our time achieving our goals.

1. Physical fitness. Everyone could be lean, ripped and strong if they weren’t exhausted from the office.

2. Art and music. Everyone could play multiple instruments, be amazing at dancing, singing.

3. Sports- you could find out how amazing you really could be at all the sports you love.

4. Sex- We could be sleeping with beautiful women every day.

So much of our life is wasted in the struggle for food and shelter, although not as much as Neanderthal man.

If everyone could do whatever they wanted, it would not be some utopian paradise like the one you might think it would.

Just try and do your thing regardless.

I’m grateful to have a good job and a nice home and a son. I know most of he world is struggling compared to us.

But if we lived in a world where we didn’t have to work or provide, we could spend all our time achieving our goals.

1. Physical fitness. Everyone could be lean, ripped and strong if they weren’t exhausted from the office.

2. Art and music. Everyone could play multiple instruments, be amazing at dancing, singing.

3. Sports- you could find out how amazing you really could be at all the sports you love.

So much of our life is wasted in the struggle for food and shelter, although not as much as Neanderthal man.

Hunter gatherer societies may have had more leisure time than we do. But they also don't have internet and sherdog.

This is some freshman year dorm room level bullshit. Like, I just took Intro to Sociology and Philosophy 101 and know I’m super enlightened shit.

We aren't different than any other animal on the planet. Just born knowing you don't want to die and you struggle to survive. Some do better than others. No meaning to any of this stuff anyways. We're just a consequence of chance and energy expressing itself. Enjoy.

<{katwhu}>

When people have nothing but free time to do the things they love they eventually stop loving those things.

Just try to make the most of your time. I worked years out of college with alright jobs but never any time off to do a lot. In the last year I started a new job and was given 14 days off the first day on the job in June, and another 28 on January 1st. I already have trips planned to go to Florida,Colorado,Seattle,Cooperstown,NY and Mount Rushmore this year. Trying to make up for lost time and get out and see things.

My buddy has the opposite problem. He lives out of the country and was a teacher but he is a lawyer by trade. He was still practicing law though and would fly out to usa for court cases or depositions, etc. He recently hit a million dollar case and then another one at the same time. Hes sitting on like $ 600,000. his problem? His own demons. He quit his teaching gig, that gave him some structure and now is drinking himself into oblivion. I think people have to be stable in their lives before they can get along without the structure that work can provide. For some souls, work is the only thing that stops them from killing themselves on a cocaine/booze/hooker binge. Now I know... plenty of people work and still destroy themselves.

So much of our life is wasted in the struggle for food and shelter.

Do you work at McDonald's? How old are you? Work is a blessing, it keeps you busy and generates money. You can do the 4 things in your list and still work. There are people who work, go to school and raise a family all at the same time. All the things on your list are overrated. Retirement is a bitch...

This is some freshman year dorm room level bullshit. Like, I just took Intro to Sociology and Philosophy 101 and know I’m super enlightened shit.
Sorry about that. What would you prefer we talk about? Donald Trump? Work? Drugs? Depression? Please, guide us enlightened one.

Back