Its amazing how Frankie isn't shot yet

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
He's been fighting for 13 years.

He first won the title in 2010 almost a decade ago.

He has fought everyone from BJ Penn, to Tyson griffin, to Benson.

He has not only fought the best, but he has been in wars like the ones vs Maynard.

So this guy has been fighting for almost a decade and a half, against incredibly tough competition, with wars that would damage lesser fighters for good...and he still is a top 3 guy who consistently has been shutting down young prospects.

I feel some forget how long he has been around and I just want to make this thread to give him props for his longevity in the sport as a top fighter because I don't think he gets enough credit in that regard

Would have thought Maynard and him took a year off each others' careers.

his longevity and durability in this sport are amazing.

in addition, he's the consummate professional who always shows up to work. never trash talks, and very rarely complains.

He only would be in major decline and passed his prime if he had fought in pride.

yes. he's a bad ass. and barely losing titles at several divisions makes people discount how good a fighter he is.

being top 3 across multiple divisions across multiple decades puts him into a rare classification. i call it Hendo-weight.

One of the greatest to ever step inside the octagon.

I bet not cutting weight if any has too do a lot of endurability.

I remember the wars with Maynard and that ass whoopin he gave Penn basically retired him never was the same.

his longevity and durability in this sport are amazing.

in addition, he's the consummate professional who always shows up to work. never trash talks, and very rarely complains.
he complains a bit well after he lost to Benson and after some questionable match making at FW other then that not a bad guy.

Would have thought Maynard and him took a year off each others' careers.

Def took years off Maynard's career.

Sad that he was one punch away from beating Frankie for the belt. Twice.

He's been fighting for 13 years.

He first won the title in 2010 almost a decade ago.

He has fought everyone from BJ Penn, to Tyson griffin, to Benson.

He has not only fought the best, but he has been in wars like the ones vs Maynard.

So this guy has been fighting for almost a decade and a half, against incredibly tough competition, with wars that would damage lesser fighters for good...and he still is a top 3 guy who consistently has been shutting down young prospects.

I feel some forget how long he has been around and I just want to make this thread to give him props for his longevity in the sport as a top fighter because I don't think he gets enough credit in that regard

I made a similar thread after Gilbert Melendez lost to Jereme Stephens, whom Frankie had recently beaten. Gil and Frankie are the same age and have about the same number of fights. In fact, Franklie has been in more 5-round wars than any other LW/FW...yet is still competing at a much higher level than Gilbert, Maynard, Bendo, Josh Thomson or any other LWs of his generation. Amazing durability.

War Fe. Definition of a true warrior.

I made a similar thread after Gilbert Melendez' last loss. He and Frankie are the same age and have about the same number of fights. In fact, Franklie has been in more 5-round wars than any other LW/FW...yet is still competing at a much higher level than Gilbert, Maynard, Bendo, Josh Thomson or any other LWs of his generation.
I always looked at Gilbert and Josh being before Frankie it might just be me but up until the first two fights with Penn he just seemed like a decent prospect where the other two where champions already and in Thomson's case fairly burned out. I mean even Jeremy Stephens started fighting before Frankie but what he did in the UFC is hard to compare to.

yes. he's a bad ass. and barely losing titles at several divisions makes people discount how good a fighter he is.

being top 3 across multiple divisions across multiple decades puts him into a rare classification. i call it Hendo-weight.

I wonder where hed be if some of those questionable decisions went his way.

He’s arguably my favourite fighter, and he’s very underrated.
Definitely an all time great.

Back