Its amazing how Frankie isn't shot yet

TOM'S RIVER BABY

0bb.jpg

That's not really comparable to MMA. If we count that, let's count college/Olympic wrestling and even college/pro football for some fighters. Those sports put at least as much wear on fighters as sambo.
Um... Tell me when they do this in wrestling or... Football lol.

world-combat-sambo-and-ultimate-fighting-champion-fyodor-yemelianenko-B92NXF.jpg

COMbatSambo.jpg

Um... Tell me when they do this in wrestling or... Football lol.
Tell me when the headgear boys put on full body armor and run full speed into guys who weigh over 300 pounds who run a 4.6 second 40-yard dash.

Frankie has more guts than just about any fighter.

Dude wills his way to victory, and it is incredible to watch.

you just jinxed it!!!

<{jackyeah}>

ortega is gonna run train on frankie. frankie wont be able to deal with a fighter of ortegas calibre now in old fighter age.

<{anton}>

you just jinxed it!!!

<{jackyeah}>

ortega is gonna run train on frankie. frankie wont be able to deal with a fighter of ortegas calibre now in old fighter age.

<{anton}>

Or did you just jinx it for Ortega?

Tell me when the headgear boys put on full body armor and run full speed into guys who weigh over 300 pounds who run a 4.6 second 40-yard dash.
... What does that have to with anything with Fedor's years in Sambo shortening his years in MMA.

It's more amazing that Maynard (the least dangerous man in mma)put him on rubber legs but nobody has ever been able to finish him.

I think the fact that he never cut much weight actually helped the longevity of his body a bit. Plus he's one of those guys who never let's himself get out of shape.

When you're younger, you can balloon up in the off season and then get back in shape relatively easy for a fight, but when you get older, if you let yourself get out of shape, it's hard to get back to where you once were.

Solution: stay in shape.

Also, something that might surprise you guys: Frankie has the best defensive stats at FW, and the 7th best defensive stats in the whole UFC. Frankies only been rocked once in the past 6 years, despite fighting the best guys.

Frankie is a beast. He can drop down to BW and have another shot down there.

He's been fighting for 13 years.

He first won the title in 2010 almost a decade ago.

He has fought everyone from BJ Penn, to Tyson griffin, to Benson.

He has not only fought the best, but he has been in wars like the ones vs Maynard.

So this guy has been fighting for almost a decade and a half, against incredibly tough competition, with wars that would damage lesser fighters for good...and he still is a top 3 guy who consistently has been shutting down young prospects.

I feel some forget how long he has been around and I just want to make this thread to give him props for his longevity in the sport as a top fighter because I don't think he gets enough credit in that regard

With the exception of Eddie saying he sparred "300 rounds" in preparation for RDA, I get the impression that Mark Henry and those guys train really smart and efficiently. Always in great shape and come to fight with great game plans. They're a testament to smarter training = longevity

Maybe this will help (3rd grade reading comprehension)
https://www.havefunteaching.com/res...third-grade-reading-comprehension-worksheets/

My point was that Fedor's sambo experience is a lame excuse. If anything it puts less wear-n-tear on your body than NCAA Div. 1 wrestling or college/pro football (like Mitrione and others played).
What reading comprehension, you fail to explain why Sambo Is a "lame excuse". Its the closest thing to MMA besides Pankration.

You said it wasn't comparable when it comes to D1 wrestling or football, and I show photos that it is.

Then you proceed to mock the Sambo fighters by saying, "I'd like to see them be as athletic as football players while wearing all this padding."

Now care to explain why it's a lame excuse...

Sambo Is fighting. And Fedor has been doing it since the 90's.
i know...im just saying even if you wanna argue all the sambo he did doesnt add up to some wear and tear (which it does) hes been competing since 2000 and went 10 years without losing a fight. he had a hell of a run and was like almost 35 before werdum beat him - not 30 like that clown said earlier.

also factor in he was over in PRIDE where the fights were much more gruesome and fighters took more damage and went for finishes since their really wasn't any delays in the action in PRIDE fights like you have in the UFC, the rules were designed for entertaining fights for the fans

One of my all time favorite fighters ever! I still remember the stupid thread on here with I think the 2nd bendo fight that said come on frankie dont do it for jersey! Fuck off and take bendos boring ass with you.

Wheres the @UnderDog or somebody had a frankie underdog thing I think I smoke a lot of weed sorry!

Back