It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

Hes been in 2 good movies and 6 shitty ones. Time to move on. Logan was the best possible closure, best not to ruin it.

He was never the reason they were shitty. Like Ben Affleck as Batman: An actor can be really good in a role even if the films suck.

I'm not asking for more from Jackman. Just mourning that his potential with a higher quality studio and the MCU is over with his departure from the role.

All of those are good movies. At least if we go by by box office, critic reviews and fan reception. I suppose there's some other metric you're going to bring up that's worth more than all of those.

Yeah my metric of knowing what good movies are

I dont need a boxoffice number to tell me if a movie is good or not.

Yeah my metric of knowing what good movies are

I dont need a boxoffice number to tell me if a movie is good or not.

Thats probably why I included other metrics as well.

If your metric goes against critical praise, and financial success and fan reception combined it seems pretty inaccurate.

Thats probably why I included other metrics as well.

If your metric goes against critical praise, and financial success and fan reception combined it seems pretty inaccurate.

I dont think it does.

I could give you examples but I dont really give a fuck

He was never the reason they were shitty. Like Ben Affleck as Batman: An actor can be really good in a role even if the films suck.

I'm not asking for more from Jackman. Just mourning that his potential with a higher quality studio and the MCU is over with his departure from the role.

It's sad too because Jackman has outright said that since the MCU movies started, he always had this feeling of excitement and possibility- sort of a linger what if- if he could be Wolverine interacting with The Avengers. But he sort of just wrote it off as an impossibility. Now, it comes to fruition and he's no longer Logan. Just sort of a shitty thing. But, from the Disney execs perspective, I'm sure that they view the casting of a new Wolverine as important as a turning point from the old Fox films to the new Disney/MCU X-Men stuff.

I can't really think of anyone I feel would be a highly logical choice for Wolverine. Jackman really put his stamp on it. Hardy would be great in my opinion. But given that he's Venom in the Sonyverse, that's not happening.

He was alright for what he was but nothing like the comic book character. I'm intrigued to see what another actor can bring to the role. One without the stink of disappointment most of the Fox movies brought.

It's probably also good for people that like good movies. Disney knows that a quality product is one of the easiest way to get yo monies.

Everybody starts bitching and moaning about R rated movies as if Disney didn't buy Miramax and then release Pulp Fiction.

This is a misconception. Movies that Disney Pictures produce are kid friendly. The subsidiaries that Disney the parent company owns don't have those restrictions.

even the hulk?

i read his backround on his journey obtaining his physical feats, very similar to dr strange and bruce wayne

Pretty sure Doomsday is immune to physical damage at this point.

Now sure if this is good or bad we need to wait and see.

Not a big fan of having everything in just one place we kinda need competition it gets us a better product if they all compete for it.
Competition is not always necessarily a good thing.
Competition made DC go full retard. People don't always make better products when they have a competitor, they also try to make products cheaper and faster, which results in low quality, or stupid /bad ideas

What?!?! How can a mortal obtain such feat

One of his abilities is coming back from death and becoming immune to what took him out. He's already been beaten by physical damage I don't see how Hulk wins.

One of his abilities is coming back from death and becoming immune to what took him out. He's already been beaten by physical damage I don't see how Hulk wins.

Thanks guys...honestly i wasnt really feeling dr doom to be a threat as muchh as thanos and galactus.

I also felt growing up its just some normal dude in a cheap metal suit with a green hood.

I felt like he was on par with green goblin lmao

Last edited:
can someone also explain to me how doomsday is on par with thanos?

i forgot which comic, but wasn't he the one screwing up reality. And some how old logan got caught in the mix?
Curious do you mean doctor Doom because doomsday is a DC person completely different people

Doctor doom
Doomsday
Doomsday_DC_Comics.png

Lol, here is an updated infographic on which characters belong to Marvel after the Disney-Fox deal.

7ajD6NE.jpg

Below is the original infographic made in 2014.

marvel-rights_4444x3556.png
What's going on with Universal?

Why and how was Man Thing by itself at Lionsgate?

Even without that, it's still different, Thor is a god that doesn't live on Earth. He's also a familiar figure from mythology. Iron Man is a man. It would be like if Bill Gates made a suit and became a hero. And Captain America is a historical and cultural icon/hero.

Mutants would be different. They aren't heroes. They are just normal people born with powers that they don't understand, and can't control.

This kind of is my point, why does it matter where these people get their powers?

Why is Cap using some genetherapy-roid cocktail acceptable source for his superhuman strength than a mutant who just was born with it?

Does it matter to people if the villain who vaporized half the city got his powers from birth or was just a normal person who used technology to do it?

And after two alien invasions, would people actually be against the fact that more of humanity has now powers to fight back?

What's going on with Universal?
Universal owns the distribution rights to the Hulk and Namor movies for now. This is one of the many reasons why Marvel Studios hasn't made a Hulk movie after The Incredible Hulk.

Why and how was Man Thing by itself at Lionsgate?
Lionsgate made a Man-Thing horror movie back in 2005. Man-Thing has since then reverted back to Marvel. You can watch entire movie below:

This is a misconception. Movies that Disney Pictures produce are kid friendly. The subsidiaries that Disney the parent company owns don't have those restrictions.

Thats pretty much what I said.

Competition is not always necessarily a good thing.
Competition made DC go full retard. People don't always make better products when they have a competitor, they also try to make products cheaper and faster, which results in low quality, or stupid /bad ideas

The upside of competition is always better then the down side.

If we don't go out and give them our money they will have to improve the final product.

If we don't have any alternatives out there then we go and see that single lower quality product cause that's the only one.

If you can chose from A and B then you pick the better one that makes the one that wasn't chosen to go and improve on it in the future.

Back