It's Official: Disney Buys 21st Century Fox (UPDATE: Kevin Feige put in charge of new films)

Thats probably why I included other metrics as well.

If your metric goes against critical praise, and financial success and fan reception combined it seems pretty inaccurate.

Your not bringing in the factor that comic book movies have fans that will see them regardless of how shitty it is and even praise a shitty version of it just to be happy that they got to see it on the screen

Your not bringing in the factor that comic book movies have fans that will see them regardless of how shitty it is and even praise a shitty version of it just to be happy that they got to see it on the screen

That explains the overwhelming critical praise, box office success and fan appreciation of Green Lantern, Batman V Superman and Justice League.

"While some execs are already relishing rebooting (and recasting) Wolverine, a Logan spinoff centering on Wolverine's daughter X-23 is likely not going to go far at this stage."
tumblr_oj6gmaat0Y1uct8cbo5_540.gif

tumblr_omm1ukXMMM1w0ak2mo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_omf8pys6lC1tjvu1to3_500.gif

The events of LOGAN might be overlooked.

It wouldn't make sense to add her character to the MCU given Logan occurs in a future apocalyptic setting.

So...Galactus/Surfer are the main big bad for phase four? That or Avengers vs X-men. Throw in Fantastic Four in there for Doom shenanigans.

pretty interesting...was silver surfer ever a villan?

"While some execs are already relishing rebooting (and recasting) Wolverine, a Logan spinoff centering on Wolverine's daughter X-23 is likely not going to go far at this stage."
tumblr_oj6gmaat0Y1uct8cbo5_540.gif

tumblr_omm1ukXMMM1w0ak2mo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_omf8pys6lC1tjvu1to3_500.gif

The events of LOGAN might be overlooked.
Wolverine reboot speculations and rumors were active even when Huge Jackedman was still active. So this is nothing new, Logan was farewell for Jackedman not really for the character himself. As far as F4 goes, only reason they are worth the money is because of all the side characters they bring. Smart move is finally use Galactus and Surfer and wait a few years for anything F4 related.

Surfer is either presented as a neutral being or as martyr character. Since the only reason he's working for Galactus is so that Big G spares his planet. Back when Marvel movies were picking up steam, Disney wanted a trade with Fox- they give them Daredevil in exchange for Galactus and Surfer. There's no way they don't use Galactus in future movies now that they have space characters like Guardians or even Thor(to a certain degree).

The script practically writes itself. Galactus is an ancient being that was created by the Celestials millions of years a go and he was sleeping for centuries but all these Thanos universe taking shenanigans woke him up and now he's hungry.

they never showed it but he had come to earth to have galactus eat it but after meeting the humans turned against his master.

Its been talked about that silver surfer destroyed a lot of planets before that

That explains the overwhelming critical praise, box office success and fan appreciation of Green Lantern, Batman V Superman and Justice League.

Pretty much and if its really really good then casuals will go out and see it. Shit with the hype of civil war my mother who hates superheroes was like everyone says it good so ill see it. she thought it was ok btw but that's my point

I didn't start to think about this until Logan. Logan is a terrible adaptation of wolverine and the movie before that one sucked balls but you put wolverine on the screen and people will eat it up. But then you do an ok movie like logan and now people are calling for an Oscar nod? Wtf world are we living in where regardless if that movie has a super hero in it or not... was honestly a mediocre movie that fans said they cried in. hahahah

Pretty much and if its really really good then casuals will go out and see it. Shit with the hype of civil war my mother who hates superheroes was like everyone says it good so ill see it. she thought it was ok btw but that's my point

I didn't start to think about this until Logan. Logan is a terrible adaptation of wolverine and the movie before that one sucked balls but you put wolverine on the screen and people will eat it up. But then you do an ok movie like logan and now people are calling for an Oscar nod? Wtf world are we living in where regardless if that movie has a super hero in it or not... was honestly a mediocre movie that fans said they cried in. hahahah
People be dum! Lol

That's not what've I meant. None of those movies had all 3 of those things and generally aren't considered successes, despite the rabid fanbase.

Batman vs Superman did 855 million. Justice League did 567 million. These were some of the highest grosses of the year.

Batman vs Superman did 855 million. Justice League did 567 million. These were some of the highest grosses of the year.

I dunno why I have to keep repeating myself. Theres a difference between a movie getting a high box office gross, and a movie that acquires simultaneously box office success, critical praise and fan adoration.

A-HOLE NEW WORRRRRRRRRRRRLD

25552052_2204354632923672_6145694886523157789_n.jpg

A spazzy place I never knew.

Justice League cost 300 million

they aren’t even breaking even on that 567

I dunno why I have to keep repeating myself. Theres a difference between a movie getting a high box office gross, and a movie that acquires simultaneously box office success, critical praise and fan adoration.

That doesn't change the fact that the fans still went to see those movies in massive numbers.

That doesn't change the fact that the fans still went to see those movies in massive numbers.

Which still has nothing to do with anything Ive said. And Justice League is considered a box office flop.

EDIT***** Someone said this is an April Fool's joke. I dunno honestly.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

HorrifiedFace.gif

So basically Disney can't afford Fox IP rights if they don't get SkyOne as a means to distribute their content.

TV>>>>Movies

Last edited:
Justice League cost 300 million

they aren’t even breaking even on that 567

Yeah that's a hugely disappointing number in context. BIG dropoff from Batman vs. Superman. Couldn't carry over momentum from Wonder Woman. Includes three of the biggest comic book characters of all time and yet Black Panther beat its lifetime domestic gross in first four days of release.

I found Justice League entertaining if I'm being honest, but it's clear they really need to right the ship over at WB because this stuff is not resonating and if they want a whole extended universe and they want JL stuff to be the centerpiece, they have to ask some significant questions, such as why was Justice League the lowest grossing of the DCEU movies.

Back