It's official. Starbucks is now a public restroom for the homeless.

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/20/news/companies/starbucks-bathroom-policy/index.html

Starbucks changed their policy to avoid accusations of racism. The new policy says that anyone is welcome to hang out in Starbucks even if they don't buy anything. And anyone is welcome to use the restroom even if they don't buy anything.

I feel bad for them, because the backlash would be huge if they didn't address this. But at the same time, I think this is going to hurt their business. Because word's going to get out to the homeless community that Starbucks is the place to go if you need to use the restroom, or just need a place to hang out.

The presence of these people, combined with the condition they leave the restroom, will drive away actual paying customers.

I know I'm certainly less likely to hang out in a place where homeless people are.

And even if you forget about the homeless for a sec. This policy will also encourage broke teenagers to hang out there as well. Which will also drive away paying customers.

Sounds like a big problem. The business of business is business and I don't see how this adds value.

Not that I ever go to Starbucks.

Starbucks is already my go-to for bathrooms while traveling. I don’t mind buying something to use it though.

I’m white & I tried to use the bathroom at McDonald’s. It was locked. The black employee told me I have to order something if I wanted to use the bathroom. Instead of crying racism & playing the victim card, I bought a soda & took a piss

I'm a starbucks drinker (just coffee and hit on the coffee gals) and this is already a thing - even before.

I think they need to be allowed to use discretion. I was there early a few months back and I'm pretty sure there was some younger homeless people doing drugs in the washroom.

I remember when a venti coffee was $1.83...

These days when I just want a quick shot of caffeine, I'll order a short coffee. Black.

I think it's two bucks.

Most fast food places don't give a shit if you buy something or not when using their restroom.

I hate when people who are not customers take up tables. Fuck, all I want is to sit and drink my coffee - buy something or fuck off and lounge elsewhere.

Not sure how i feel about this.

On one hand, i don't mind that you can take a quick piss if you're out and about. But on the other hand, it wouldn't be cool to have to use the bathroom after a homeless person left it all smelly.

Not sure how i feel about this.

On one hand, i don't mind that you can take a quick piss if you're out and about. But on the other hand, it wouldn't be cool to have to use the bathroom after a homeless person left it all smelly.
or worse - shooting up or something.

I've never been to Starbucks. Most likely never will. Sugar free Monster ftw

Most fast food places don't give a shit if you buy something or not when using their restroom.

Bigger cities do. Most fast food in NYC got their bathroom locked like Fort Knox.

Just got back from Starbucks. Their cool white peach tea is very nice!

As for my area, I’m sure it won’t hurt. Rowdy teenagers hang out at weird locations and the homeless only seem to frequent the banks lol.

In boston, the addicts have long preferred to die in a Dunkin Donuts bathroom, that might change with the new policy at Starbucks. Either way, those bathrooms have always been pretty gross, I can't see them getting much worse.

Back