It's official. Starbucks is now a public restroom for the homeless.

What a travesty... Glad i live in the suburbs of the real housewives of oc.

starbucks people just want to watch the homeless people wander in so they can tell all their friends about it, tweet it, facebook it, and post it on sherdog.

Their business, their rules

I rarely ever go into Starbucks. The only times I go is when I am out with my gf. Don't know why she loves their products so much.

I’m white & I tried to use the bathroom at McDonald’s. It was locked. The black employee told me I have to order something if I wanted to use the bathroom. Instead of crying racism & playing the victim card, I bought a soda & took a piss

i did that once but decided to chit in the urinal. the toilet was clogged so i had no other choice

Imagine being a store manager at a Sbux and knowing your store is about to be fucked in the ass

I can't say either way, from what I've heard of the company this was their de facto policy anyway so if so then I doubt it will affect them too much. A couple of locations might have trouble but in the aggregate I don't think it'll make much of a difference.
Might have been in some, probably mostly to use their wifi. Obviously wasn't in all them or they wouldn't have codes on the bathroom doors in all the videos that have popped up. Either way, that's still very different from specifically announcing that anybody can just hang out and shit in there without being a customer. This might very well just be forgotten in a few months, or it could turn into the well-known place where anybody can just roll in and loiter and bath in the sinks.

Starbucks is already my go-to for bathrooms while traveling. I don’t mind buying something to use it though.

You clearly do not know the wonders of a Kwik Trip

For the guys talking about the homeless drug addicts

They're homeless drug addicts.

They don't have internet. They dont know what the fuck is going on.

I don’t think the original backlash would have been that tragic. The incident was bad pr, but no so bad that they should have to be a dumping ground for all time.

Can we just get a big grinder and have the homeless hang out there?

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/20/news/companies/starbucks-bathroom-policy/index.html

Starbucks changed their policy to avoid accusations of racism. The new policy says that anyone is welcome to hang out in Starbucks even if they don't buy anything. And anyone is welcome to use the restroom even if they don't buy anything.

I feel bad for them, because the backlash would be huge if they didn't address this. But at the same time, I think this is going to hurt their business. Because word's going to get out to the homeless community that Starbucks is the place to go if you need to use the restroom, or just need a place to hang out.

The presence of these people, combined with the condition they leave the restroom, will drive away actual paying customers.

I know I'm certainly less likely to hang out in a place where homeless people are.

And even if you forget about the homeless for a sec. This policy will also encourage broke teenagers to hang out there as well. Which will also drive away paying customers.
TS, Toronto changed the law about a decade ago that if you were open to the public as a business you could not restrict bathroom usage to paying customers only. Anyone had to have access. Things have been fine since.

One by one, in this precarious point in our history, all of our fears will come true.

For the guys talking about the homeless drug addicts

They're homeless drug addicts.

They don't have internet. They dont know what the fuck is going on.

word about this kinda thing goes around QUICK dude. I'm sure they know about it

Back