It's squaturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere at this point I also injured my hip pretty badly and lost around 20kg on the squat and the deadlift. I couldn't walk fast or run at all due to the injury. I blame the low-bar squat for all of this. Of course the injury was enhanced by the fact that I pushed myself to the limit during the end of the program but the mechanics of the low bar squat are the main reason why my hip had to undergo so much strain.

He blames the low bar squat for his hip injury. Funny, I don't know of many lifters who have injured their hip squatting. At least not while squatting correctly.

Box Squat PR: 530

2" below parallel, stance 1.5x shoulder width, low-bar.

YES!!!
Whenever this thread gets bumped, I am doing something other than Squats... Today, I squat! Can't wait! Actually does anyone else get nervous to squat?

YES!!!
Whenever this thread gets bumped, I am doing something other than Squats... Today, I squat! Can't wait! Actually does anyone else get nervous to squat?

Nope. Look forward to it. The only lift I really dislike doing is max effort good mornings.

Nope. Look forward to it. The only lift I really dislike doing is max effort good mornings.

I would not characterize the feeling as negative. Defintely anxious to get in there and left. But nervous because things are slowly getting heavier and heavier and I made the mistake once of progressing too quickly.

I equate it to seeing a patient I know personally so I want to be on my best. I know my stuff, done it a 1000 times... Still I get nervous about the consult.

Are you going to compete soon?

Fall. Lots of things happening between now and then. Probably move/job change among them. So any plans at competing any time soon would be totally assed-up. I am, however, the strongest I have been since I got hurt in the service many years ago.

Fall. Lots of things happening between now and then. Probably move/job change among them. So any plans at competing any time soon would be totally assed-up. I am, however, the strongest I have been since I got hurt in the service many years ago.

So, you're probably going to be #1 ranked in the US for your weight class in the Masters division, right?

So, you're probably going to be #1 ranked in the US for your weight class in the Masters division, right?

No. There are some exceptional PL'ers that are still in the 40-44 age category. And mine is one of the most common weight classes.

A further note is that even though I am keeping up my PL'ing, I am going to compete in weightlifting.

No. There are some exceptional PL'ers that are still in the 40-44 age category. And mine is one of the most common weight classes.

A further note is that even though I am keeping up my PL'ing, I am going to compete in weightlifting.

Didn't you say in your log that some of the records in the Masters division in your weight class were rather low, and thus, I thought, within reach. Although IIRC you were talking about weightlifting.

Didn't you say in your log that some of the records in the Masters division in your weight class were rather low, and thus, I thought, within reach. Although IIRC you were talking about weightlifting.

Snatch and maybe total. Clean, not so much.

I fuckin' love squats.

Did my PR of 175 (my bodyweight) for reps on Saturday. Shit was ill. Today I'll probably do all pulls and a lot of upper body.

barely started a squat / deadlift program... 2-3 months ago. i love it... i cannot wait until saturday. my butt cheeks be burning~! =)

barely started a squat / deadlift program... 2-3 months ago. i love it... i cannot wait until saturday. my butt cheeks be burning~! =)

misc-spiderpman.jpg

got 5 sets of squats coming this friday
set 1 8x325
set 2 10x315
set 3 12x305
set 4 15x275
set 5 15x225

doin this makes it almost unwalkable due to the pump/exhustion but i finish with a few leg extensions and bw lunges

365x2 or 3
405x3 (4.5 lb PR)
405x3
385x3
365x5

I knew I could get the first triple for the PR, but it felt really good, so I did it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back