It's squaturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, KT

breaking into the big 4 is great cratos

Thanks, but ????

I squatted 405 for the first time in Feb. 2010 and did it for three singles that day.

I thought I'd have 500 at this point, but things haven't exactly gone my way lately.

Thanks, KT

Thanks, but ????

I squatted 405 for the first time in Feb. 2010 and did it for three singles that day.

I thought I'd have 500 at this point, but things haven't exactly gone my way lately.

i know the feeling. im still waaay off 500 too. but whatever gotta keep on truckin

Did my squats this morning. I always try to get parallel. But today I swallowed my pride and went below parallel. Lost about 10% off of my usual weight but so be it. Right after i was finished a guy started using the rack and doing 315 1/4 squats. Maybe less.
Man it felt good. I was doing half the weight but 5 times the movement. :). I love squaterdays!

Its squaterday three times a week, love it! I did 5 sets of 5 reps on 95 kg today, on tuesday ill try 97,5 kg! I weigh in on around 77 kg!

I squatted yesterday and had a kind of a "I ain't doin jack shit" day. Whether it was from the shitty food I ate the night before or the antibiotics I started taking, I was taking trips to and from the toilet to pee out of my ass between sets.

Walked in, warmed up, did some warm up sets, pooped, did a work set, pooped, finished my work sets then hurried home to poop more. Had I stayed to do my assistance lifts I would've had an accident.

Still hit my prescribed 5/3/1 numbers and them some on the last set.

First day low bar in about 9 months and I got 345 for 10. I'll be back in the 4's for all my working sets in no time hopefully.

Today I set a PR of 125kg single, pathetic by S&C standards but considering my 2012 goal was a 120kg single I'm more than happy. Revised goal now 150kg by year's end.

And yes, 125kg = teh 275.

Today I set a PR of 125kg single, pathetic by S&C standards but considering my 2012 goal was a 120kg single I'm more than happy. Revised goal now 150kg by year's end.

And yes, 125kg = teh 275.

Well, unless you're going to do t3h r01dz0rz, you'll never make it. 275 is impossible without r01dz.

OK you caught me. I made a Dianabol milkshake before I squatted today. That's why I got teh 275.

Squatted this morning.

on my last set I was doing as many as possible. During reps 6,7,and 8 I could see my heart beat/pulse in my field of vision. With each beat of my heart everything I saw pulsated. I felt equal parts awesome and shitty after that......but overall I feel good about it.

Am I doing it right?

Cutting to the 220 lb weight class in BJJ, running everyday, surgery recovery and all the other pussy shit is over and it's time to get back in the rack. My goal is to hit 300 for 10 on my last set of BBB. Top squat apparatus mega high bar off an 8" box (I'm 6'3.5" BTW). This is my start and I will hit 300 even if I have to go find some horse meat.

Squatted on squaturday evening and got 315x4 (2 rep PR).

I'm doing a new thing where on my warmup sets and lighter 5/3/1 sets I'm holding my air for multiple reps and this has dramatically changed my squatting. Looks like lack of core tightness was why I plateaued and now my squats are really taking off. If anyone else is plateaued on squats and aren't holding their air, give it a shot!

Long time lurker first time poster of this sub forum, anywho bumping this seeing as it saturday and i did my personal best of 180 x6 today (was my 5th set, went up in weight every set). Been working out for about a month and half, before that never lifted weights just did a lot of running.

Good call brown!
I had my Squatrday on Squatrday and repped my best as well! I failed it the week prior so it felt nice to get in there and beat its ass this time around!

just tried out a squat session with low bar for the first time yesterday. Cannot WAIT to get this more solid; I am having to re-adjust to getting the bar positioned and even on my back. I'm apparently not great at maintaining supper back tightness later in a set, and the bar starts to travel. Lots to work on, but I feel a little more legit now that I've tried (and seem to be mostly taking to) low bar. It works better with the way I move when reaching for depth.

just tried out a squat session with low bar for the first time yesterday. Cannot WAIT to get this more solid; I am having to re-adjust to getting the bar positioned and even on my back. I'm apparently not great at maintaining supper back tightness later in a set, and the bar starts to travel. Lots to work on, but I feel a little more legit now that I've tried (and seem to be mostly taking to) low bar. It works better with the way I move when reaching for depth.

You had some solid lifting at that meet w/Keo.

Squatted today and for only about the 2nd time in like forever was I pleased with my lifts.

120 x 9 on final set of a first week of a 5-3-1 cycle.

Felt good. Felt strong. Last rep was ropey but happy overall.

Good days squatting I felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back