I've been drinking, here's the outcome. (Moral Philosophy) Very Liberal.

I spiced it up and made it rhyme.

(Moral philsophy - an epic poem by Overtures)

I know for a fact that the bushes and trees,
beside my apartment complex house I see...
demon-like ghouls or otherworldly beasts,
When man is happy, he finds himself thinking this the least...
His virtues and his plans to make his world a better place.
When he is sad, he becomes cynical about his spot in space...
It leads to a trap: we think we must be happy and stay out of strife,
Though the truth is that a good life, is one where we live a duty filled life...

Last edited:
I spiced it up and made it rhyme.

(Moral philsophy - an epic poem by Overtures)

I know for a fact that the bushes and trees,
beside my apartment complex house I see...
demon-like ghouls or otherworldly beasts,
When man is happy, he finds himself thinking this the least...
His virtues and his plans to make his world a better place.
When he is sad, he becomes cynical about his spot in space...
It leads to a trap: we think we must be happy and stay out of strife,
Though the truth is that a good life, is one where we live a duty filled life...

Thank you

I park my car beside a long spillway and walk about half a mile to my front door every night. The road is flanked by woodlands, more or less. I hear absurd shit come from within the trees all the time. Now I know what you're thinking, birds, rabbits, etc., cause the noises. But that's the case seventy percent of the time. The other thirty percent can't be attributed to those animals.

I'm talking weird shit.

I swear to god one day i walked by and it sounded like there was a church band playing music coming from behind the trees and down in a gully.

it's a portal to another dimension.
You should take a video or audio recording of these otherworldly sounds and post them. If I was experiencing such phenomenon regularly like you do I would make some effort to document it.
Have any of the other people who live in this area experienced these unexplained noises coming from the woods near your apartment complex ?

You should take a video or audio recording of these otherworldly sounds and post them. If I was experiencing such phenomenon regularly like you do I would make some effort to document it.
Have any of the other people who live in this area experienced these unexplained noises coming from the woods near your apartment complex ?

Look man, last night a was a little loose, okay? I may have exaggerated a bit. I got home around 1 a.m. It was cold out, chilly. I felt good. I heard a loud thump come from the woods. What could that have been? I'm not sure. My mind ran wild.

The only really unexplainable noise I've heard from the woods was that church band practicing. And it literally probably was a church band of Mexicans practicing and drinking in the woods.

I still stand by my other point, though -- that a good life is not necessarily a happy life.

Look man, last night a was a little loose, okay? I may have exaggerated a bit. I got home around 1 a.m. It was cold out, chilly. I felt good. I heard a loud thump come from the woods. What could that have been? I'm not sure. My mind ran wild.

The only really unexplainable noise I've heard from the woods was that church band practicing. And it literally probably was a church band of Mexicans practicing and drinking in the woods.

I still stand by my other point, though -- that a good life is not necessarily a happy life.
Are you okay man ? Doesn't it seem a little bit unlikely that a Mexican church band would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking?

Are you okay man ? Doesn't it seem a little bit unlikely that a Mexican church band would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking?

It does not strike me as outside the realm of possibility, no.

Happiness I think is a byproduct of other things, and shouldn't be a primary goal.

It does not strike me as outside the realm of possibility, no.
You're answering a question no one asked. Doesn't it seem a little bit unlikely that a Mexican church band would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking? That is what I asked. Church bands usually practice in the church that they are members of. It seems extremely unlikely they would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking.
If we are looking for possible explanations for what you think you heard, someone playing a recording of music while partying in the woods seems far more likely. Even you hearing music that is not coming from where you think it is, is far more likely than what you're asserting.
In any event, I hope you're okay. You seem a little off.

The only logical explanation was faerie music. You should investigate during the daylight hours for toadstool rings or suspicious earthen mounds. As an alternative theory...catholic convert mariachi bigfoot.

You're answering a question no one asked. Doesn't it seem a little bit unlikely that a Mexican church band would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking? That is what I asked. Church bands usually practice in the church that they are members of. It seems extremely unlikely they would be practicing in the woods, at night, while drinking.
If we are looking for possible explanations for what you think you heard, someone playing a recording of music while partying in the woods seems far more likely. Even you hearing music that is not coming from where you think it is, is far more likely than what you're asserting.
In any event, I hope you're okay. You seem a little off.

Thank you.

I'll be drinking again tonight.

I'll report back.

2) when man is happy, he finds himself thinking about his virtues and his plans to make his world a better place. When he is sad, he becomes cynical and lazy.

I find, in both my own life and my observations of contemporaries and of history, that the opposite is far more reflective of the truth.

Interesting to note that some of Marx's fiercest critics charge that his diatribes against capitalism were inspired by his own quasi-poverty and obscurity; the earliest written primarily in cold, public libraries.

I find, in both my own life and my observations of contemporaries and of history, that the opposite is far more reflective of the truth.

Interesting to note that some of Marx's fiercest critics charge that his diatribes against capitalism were inspired by his own quasi-poverty and obscurity; the earliest written primarily in cold, public libraries.

So you're saying that when we are sad we think about progress/fixing things, and when we are happy we are content?

Interesting.

When you hear noises in the woods you should walk, nay, stride confidently into the woods and confront the source. It is the only honorable thing to do. It also renders your second point moot, as a brave man is not concerned with such trivial matters.

When you hear noises in the woods you should walk, nay, stride confidently into the woods and confront the source. It is the only honorable thing to do. It also renders your second point moot, as a brave man is not concerned with such trivial matters.

Strong analysis.

But there could be squirrels in the woods. Nothing on this green earth more wily or malicious than a squirrel bent on mischief. Plus they know us, they watch and they learn. Ever notice how squirrels have gotten bolder over the years? Get so close it's like their taunting you with the knowledge that they can come and go as they please, and you there standing and looking impotent while you wonder what they'll be getting up to in the dead of night...

But there could be squirrels in the woods. Nothing on this green earth more wily or malicious than a squirrel bent on mischief. Plus they know us, they watch and they learn. Ever notice how squirrels have gotten bolder over the years? Get so close it's like their taunting you with the knowledge that they can come and go as they please, and you there standing and looking impotent while you wonder what they'll be getting up to in the dead of night...
This is all 100% true.

It is just that I have personally found that you can overcome anything by entering the woods at night while drunk and hearing a Mexican church band practicing, as long as you are prepared. You do not know what you'll face, you must be ready. My own method involves ripping off my shirt and using it for a headband, for example. Also, it helps if you have a walking stick. Those are just a few tricks that I use, everyone is different.

Besides, the op's second problem is still resolved if he is killed by whatever is causing the ruckus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back