I've been drinking, here's the outcome. (Moral Philosophy) Very Liberal.

So you're saying that when we are sad we think about progress/fixing things, and when we are happy we are content?

Interesting.

I think it stands to reason that if one is suited to a "system" and is able to maximize their pursuit of happiness according to the rules of that system there is less fundamental motivation to change or alter that system.

But I guess I am talking about working for systemic change as opposed to simply taking a personal, charitable approach within the confines of a given system.

I have certainly met some affluent, "satisfied" people who are - to greater and lesser degrees - motivated to participate in some sort of charitable endeavor.

This is all 100% true.

It is just that I have personally found that you can overcome anything by entering the woods at night while drunk and hearing a Mexican church band practicing, as long as you are prepared. You do not know what you'll face, you must be ready. My own method involves ripping off my shirt and using it for a headband, for example. Also, it helps if you have a walking stick. Those are just a few tricks that I use, everyone is different.

Besides, the op's second problem is still resolved if he is killed by whatever is causing the ruckus.
Brave very brave. The shirt trick is helpful, especially if you tie it around your head so only the eyes and bridge of your nose show through the neck opening. Very ninja, very tactical, very stealth. Of course, the revealed pasty torso can be equally disconcerting. If you take advantage of a bit of field expedient emergency boot black, which all real gentlemen should carry in case of shoe scuffs in dress shoes, you can make use of strategic patches of moonlight and shadow to appear very much like a cavorting headless torso which should provide at least a few seconds of distraction while you inflict your will on whatever you find.

Last edited:
Back