I've decided survival games are a cancer that needs to die

I've played h1z1, fortnite, and pubg and I completely agree. it's just the flavor of the month and it's easier for devs to make these little sandbox survival games. think it's lazy imo
Those are all battle royale games, not survival.

As far as I'm concerned, MGS was ended 10 years ago.

When MGS5 was announced, I had a gut feeling to not get excited for it. And I was 100% correct.

i downloaded it with ps+, when i made the mistake of renewing it. i still never played it.

i played the demo (ground zeros). it seemed like it/mgs5 was a game that should have been awesome and should have captivated me, but it never did. after knowing all the kojima/konami shit/what mgs5 was supposed to be... well, i'll probably never actually play it.

Those are all battle royale games, not survival.
battle royal is survival tbh. last one standing out of 100 people sounds a lot like surviving, along with searching for supplies. DayZ is what led to these games. I get what you're saying though, games like rust and whatnot.

i played the demo (ground zeros). it seemed like it/mgs5 was a game that should have been awesome and should have captivated me, but it never did. after knowing all the kojima/konami shit/what mgs5 was supposed to be... well, i'll probably never actually play it.

I rented it on RedBox for a day and a half, and basically 'completed' it within a few hours and taking my time.

It could have been an amazing free demo, but Konami selling it for $30 is one of the worst rip-offs in modern gaming history. It showed that Konami's leadership is in the business of overpricing their games, and they're never going to get a fucking dime from me.

Add to that, it really didn't feel like MGS.

If I ever do play MGS5, I'll buy it used, and mostly play it because from what I've read, Quiet is the best character in the game.

I have the same problem with survival games I did with the Minecraft craze. I kind of need a larger purpose to keep myself going, and subsistence doesn't really cut it for me. I think people should play what they like, I've just never found a survival game I didn't regret playing.

battle royal is survival tbh. last one standing out of 100 people sounds a lot like surviving, along with searching for supplies. DayZ is what led to these games. I get what you're saying though, games like rust and whatnot.

Staying alive =/= survival, imo. If you had to keep looking for water and food in PUBG, then sure. But I think there's a pretty clear line between the genres.

I find survival games seem like a "once you played one you played them all" type of thing. They all generally look the same to me, play the same and feel repetitive very quick. I can understand why people are into them but fuck me do they ever bore the living shit outta me.

I LOVE the survival mode in The Division. I've been playing it a while and I finally completed the mission and extracted from the DZ (Dark Zone)! I had crafted an M4 and a Shotgun, got my armor and pulse up. I collected the antivirals and a random player called in for an extraction!

I made a beeline to where they were as a Hunter would spawn on whomever calls for an extraction. We didn't join parties, we were just two randoms going for the gold! We double teamed the Hunter, attached our antivirals to the Helo and climbed aboard!

Got a rare achievement too!

That's the only survival game I play though.

No, they're not.
Survival games involve temperatures, food, water, shelter, social interactions, resources, and a persistent world. There is no point, objective, or goals. You determine what you need.

Battle Royal is very simple, last man standing, random loot, stay inside the circle. The only objective is to kill or be killed.

Arma 3 has all of these modes (FFA, Battle Royal, King of the Hill, Suvival Zombies,

No, they're not.
Survival games involve temperatures, food, water, shelter, social interactions, resources, and a persistent world. There is no point, objective, or goals. You determine what you need.

Battle Royal is very simple, last man standing, random loot, stay inside the circle. The only objective is to kill or be killed.

Arma 3 has all of these modes (FFA, Battle Royal, King of the Hill, Suvival Zombies,
H1Z1 is also a survival game, "just survive" in its title. Also, fornite PVE mode is survival. Pubg also has a zombie mode as well, so yeah. Just because it might not fit your personal definition doesnt mean its not one.

Used to like the genre. Played DayZ, Ark, Rust, 7 days to die. None of them really managed to recreate the feel of the DayZ mod. These days its just full of pump and dump cash grabs. Developers with no experience, and no money releasing extremely ambitious projects that will never live up to their sales pitch.

Are you angry at the games that you really like are being spoilt or people liking games you dont?

Oh, and MGS was absolute trash, felt like a tech demo for something better in coming years

<Huh2>

Played DayZ, Ark, Rust, and minecraft. Enjoyed them all to a point then I never played them again.

Battle Royal is NOT a survival genre.

H1Z1 is also a survival game, "just survive" in its title. Also, fornite PVE mode is survival. Pubg also has a zombie mode as well, so yeah. Just because it might not fit your personal definition doesnt mean its not one.

You just said battle royal games are survival games. H1Z1 Just Survive is NOT a battle royal game. Fortnite PVE is also not Battle Royal.
So yeah..

fortnite and pub g arn't survival games

Ark is, Minecraft is, exc...

I tried 7 Days to Die.

I really liked the concept but technically the game was dire when I played it. I also didn’t have the option of starting a new character and nobody online really worked together, just did their thing alone because of a lack of trust.

First survival game I played was Minecraft, but I quit after making my unlimited arrow bow.

Disagree but I will say survival games produce the absolute worst player base. Rust is by fucking far the most toxic group of players on any game.

And I love/ hate them for it. The War room here on the dog groomed me for that shit!

Back