I've heard the life in Canada is boring..

You know I never have

I've seen a moose about half of a mile from my house. I saw one in Canada too, on the way to Thunder Bay. A friend of mine hit it with a truck.

I've seen a moose about half of a mile from my house. I saw one in Canada too, on the way to Thunder Bay. A friend of mine hit it with a truck.

Is this your friend:

LiftsAdThrowsTruckFullOfSand.gif

?

Toronto is where you go if you want to see homeless people drunk passed out on every corner and in the middle of the streets. Been there a few times, what a shithole it is.

Many smaller cities are nice though

Love ontario, kingston is one of my favorite cities in Canada.
:eek: Never thought I would hear those words as someone who has spent a lot of time in Kingston and spoke to many people who have traveled across Canada and many who went to school in Kingston (Queens).

Stay away from Muskoka. It is absolutely not an outdoor paradise.
Does it smell as bad as Cornwall used to?

The Muskoka's are absolutely beautiful and pristine.

1.jpg

What certain people hate is that it has become too commercialized and the taken over by the super rich including many Hollywood celebrities.

jw-marriott-rosseau-resort-spa-8.jpg

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russels old place

GoldieandKurt_600.jpg

Eric Lindros' place

cottage.jpg

Other celeb's with homes

Steven Spielberg
Martin Short
Kevin O’Leary
Kenny G
Tom Hanks

The Toronto Maple Leafs

In this NYT article, Toronto accountant Steven Levine joke that “every single member of the Toronto Maple Leafs has a place in Muskoka.” It’s not far from the truth – those who live and work full time in Muskoka say the hockey team’s player are frequent sights.

braden-barwich-188016-1024x678.jpg

Definitely more zen than your typical ice rink.

You can still find areas of the Muskoka's where you can do this, and I have as i absolutely love quiet canoing...

blog-meeting-ideas-for-fall-2-1920x1080.jpg

But there is also lots of this there, which I was also guilty of doing when I shared an offshore boat with an old business partner. Spent a day, way back in the day, hanging out with and racing Eric Lindros and his bro in their boat.

img8779.jpg

If you want mostly untouched beauty head to nearby Algonquin Provincial Park which I truly love.

Come to Edmonton, check out the West Edmonton Mall to see where Patrick Swayze did his last film:

ciw2.jpg

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0991150/

Above is how the mall looked in the film, below is how it looks in real life:

west-edmonton-mall-outside.jpg

This is Edmonton to me.

12-09-23-0515_xgaplus.jpg

The River Valley
In the heart of the city. i can leave my office or condo and be down biking or hiking in the Valley within 10 minutes and feel like I am not in the middle of a big town as the valley is deep and canopied and shielded from the sights and sounds of the city. I hike and bike for hours on end in either direction.

I've never spend any time in that mall. No thx. HIt a few restaurants and the comedy club (which is good) on Bourbon Street but beyond that no interest.

In the 90's, as a kid my friends and i would always cross the border to get your candy. It was easy back then. We'd get Jolt cola and madcap? hot chips. Plus my friends that smoked back then could buy them at 11 at a store called clarks in Calais Maine. lol

you're a traitor to the ganongs

Is it true?

Seems like a boring place to be.. or not?

I've never been there.

Vancouver is great. The night life and city here isn't the best, but the outdoors life is second to none imo, and I've travelled all over.

I go ATVing, jet skiing, boating, snowboarding, hiking, white water rafting, zip lining....all within as far as an hour away or as close as 15 minutes. The city is full of things to do as far as clubs, lounges, games, also we have numerous sporting events, concerts and festivals week in and week out. If you are an avid outdoors person, you will absolutely love it as we actually get all 4 seasons, but I don't know what most people describe as boring. Most people don't do jack shit these days anyway so I'm sure their lives would be boring regardless of where they are.

If it’s affordable housing and reasonable cost of living you’re looking for, I recommend coming to Vancouver!!!!

Wtf ....housing is NOT affordable here....cost of living is not cheap son....your parents must be filthy rich lol

If you don't make at least 40k a year, you will barely get by here.

An average house in Vancouver costs about 1.4 million, and that'll get you a worn down 2600 sq foot place.

Go about 30 minutes outside to Surrey and it's maybe 900k average. Go say an hour out to Maple ridge and it's like 750-800k average.

Rent is super high here ...food costs are outrageous....gas is about 1.50ish a litre.

Last edited:
The Muskoka's are absolutely beautiful and pristine.

1.jpg

What certain people hate is that it has become too commercialized and the taken over by the super rich including many Hollywood celebrities.

jw-marriott-rosseau-resort-spa-8.jpg

Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russels old place

GoldieandKurt_600.jpg

Eric Lindros' place

cottage.jpg

Other celeb's with homes

Steven Spielberg
Martin Short
Kevin O’Leary
Kenny G
Tom Hanks

The Toronto Maple Leafs

In this NYT article, Toronto accountant Steven Levine joke that “every single member of the Toronto Maple Leafs has a place in Muskoka.” It’s not far from the truth – those who live and work full time in Muskoka say the hockey team’s player are frequent sights.

braden-barwich-188016-1024x678.jpg

Definitely more zen than your typical ice rink.

You can still find areas of the Muskoka's where you can do this, and I have as i absolutely love quiet canoing...

blog-meeting-ideas-for-fall-2-1920x1080.jpg

But there is also lots of this there, which I was also guilty of doing when I shared an offshore boat with an old business partner. Spent a day, way back in the day, hanging out with and racing Eric Lindros and his bro in their boat.

img8779.jpg

If you want mostly untouched beauty head to nearby Algonquin Provincial Park which I truly love.
I know it is. I live there. I was being facetious

Vancouver is great. The night life and city here isn't the best, but the outdoors life is second to none imo, and I've travelled all over.

I go ATVing, jet skiing, boating, snowboarding, hiking, white water rafting, zip lining....all within as far as an hour away or as close as 15 minutes. The city is full of things to do as far as clubs, lounges, games, also we have numerous sporting events, concerts and festivals week in and week out. If you are an avid outdoors person, you will absolutely love it as we actually get all 4 seasons, but I don't know what most people describe as boring. Most people don't do jack shit these days anyway so I'm sure their lives would be boring regardless of where they are.
I love Vancouver and visit very often. Was just there for the first Skookum Festival in Stanley Park and think this has the real potential of growing into one of the worlds premier music festivals.

I love to get out and hike and bike while i am there. So many interesting hikes. I usually try and do the Grouse Grind on every visit amongst others.

:eek: Never thought I would hear those words as someone who has spent a lot of time in Kingston and spoke to many people who have traveled across Canada and many who went to school in Kingston (Queens).
Ive lived there for the better part of a year. I was a bit younger though. The party scene was great, now that im older not sure but I don't see why not. A lot of good memories there. Last time I was there it was for the Hips final show. Good times.

Back