I've run out of TV shows to binge

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love binge watching QUALITY television shows and I have found that after years of doing so I've got nothing left...

I've basically seen all there is to see...

The obvious ones I love... GoT, Sopranos, The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Six Feet Under all the HBO hits.. Breaking Bad, Walking Dead.. Mad Men..etc.

Seen all the good stuff on Netflix Oitnb, House of Cards, Narcos, Stranger Things,,

The Shield.. SoA..

The only popular ones I have not seen are Twin Peaks.. which for some reason I could never really get into. Is it worth giving it another shot?

And I always get bored watching American Horror Story, idk why, I keep getting stuck around mid season 2 and turn it off. Worth sticking to?

I've seen basically all of these and more:

http://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv/

ones that look sorta interesting that i havent seen are

Arrested development, Hannibal, Dr. Who, Stargate shit, seen the first few Battlestar Galactica again do they get better? , Fringe, thats about it

Anybody got some good suggestions or perhaps indulge more on the "maybes" I've described? I could use something totally unexpected that has great quality to it like HBO . I love realistic writing like the Sopranos or The Wire, not a formuliac type thing like say Power - which I do like the show but it doesn't "feel" quite like the same quality of writing as other realistic shows like mad men or six feet under etc.

Help a Thucker out?

Have you watched Halt and Catch Fire?

Watch the Planet Earth series.
This also BBC has a great series of docs on different locations. I recommend them all but start with Africa. That' the one that got me hooked. Some of them have a really annoying narrator though

Start watching anime like Attack on Titan on Netflix or One Punch Man

Watch the Planet Earth series.

I seen most of the first one. Keep meaning to check out the second - will do for sure.

Used to be huge on documentaries till they started boring me with the same material over and over again. Moved on to lectures on youtube...

ended up over years watching thousands of hours of different public or university type lectures or mini youtuber series about astronomy , physics, cosmology etc.

which is incredible that i can do that. Got a university level education on those topics without paying a cent. Not like I can put it on a resume, though haha.

Bojack Horseman
Insecure
Eastbound & Down
Vice Principals
Westworld

Ash vs Evil Dead is now on Netflix.

Never heard. Worth checking out?

Have you watched Halt and Catch Fire?

Nope, never heard of it. Will look into it thanks. More obscure suggestions like this wanted, if they are truly QUALITY well made shows.

Start watching anime like Attack on Titan on Netflix or One Punch Man

Urgh I hate anime. My sister has shown me parts of these series and I get it, I do, but I just cannot enjoy them.

Read a book

haha yep, best answer. I love read. Read ASOIAF series (game of thrones) 3 times all 30,000+ pages. Currently reading The Fallen book of Malazan Empire series by Steven Erikson and it is fucking huuuuuuge and epic in scope. Better than almost anything I've ever had in terms of entertainment.

Better yet I should get on with writing my own damn book. I always meant to, and have some amazing ideas but jsut never put the invested time into it..

If you're a fan of the Evil Dead series, it's a must.

Never seen them and usually not really big on horror stuff, but I don't hate it either. I like horror if it has dark humor in it, and is over the top and entertaining like Grindehouse Presents: Planet Terror or Shawn of the Dead. I loved those.

Have you watched Orphan Black? It’s pretty good imo. It’s finished but man what a ride it was.

I like horror if it has dark humor in it, and is over the top and entertaining like Grindehouse Presents: Planet Terror or Shawn of the Dead. I loved those.

Then you'll love it. Dark Humor at it's finest.

Bruce Campbell's charisma is incredible.

But yeah right now I am re-watching The Wire from season1 , and it is fantastic. With the insight I have now that I have seen it already and I am older/wiser more knowledgeable about how the world works I enjoy it so much more because I see that almost every single line on the show was in fact relevant to the plot. I thought that so much stuff was just boring or made no sense or didnt udnerstand before, now on the second watch everything that is happening I am picking up waaaay more and find I missed SO much of the awesomeness that it is. amazing,

Back