Izzy Adesanya Says He's Getting Booked Against Elias Theodorou

Sega30

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...old-and-wrinkly-tuf-winner-in-next-ufc-outing

“I don’t know… I think they said he’s an Ultimate Fighter winner...I don’t know. He looks like Fabio, old and wrinkly, but I can’t remember his name. That was one of the names that was mentioned.”

“The guy who they said won The Ultimate Fighter, that’s one of them. I wish I could remember his name now. We’ll see. I’ve never had the opportunity to be catered to by any company ever. I’ll take whoever, it’s all easy fights anyway. Probably at the end of this year I will be top 10. Once they see the next fight they’re going to say, ‘We can’t keep feeding him guys that aren’t on his level’.

Alright, maybe he didn't actually say his name, but that's clearly Theodorou, right? Personally, I've grown tired of Elias inside and outside of the cage, so I'm pretty stoked to see him get lit up some time soon.

lol elias won't be able to point kick his way to a win in that one.

it's a shame because i think elias would be top 10 if he didn't punch like a girl, he has good kicks, extremely good cardio, good movement, but shields level hands.

only other middleweight TUF winner that makes sense would be cezar ferreira? but he's already got a fight so it must be elias.

Last edited:

it's a shame because i think elias would be top 10 if he didn't punch like a girl, he has good kicks, extremely good cardio, good movement.
Problem is he does have grappling in his repertoire and it's boring just like his standup.

This is a recipe for disaster for Adesanyas hype train. Match him up with an underrated, disliked, boring fighter who could very well beat him.

it's a shame because i think elias would be top 10 if he didn't punch like a girl, he has good kicks, extremely good cardio, good movement, but shields level hands.

only other middleweight TUF winner that makes sense would be cezar ferreira? but he's already got a fight so it must be elias.

Elias will dominate him with grappling though.

This is a recipe for disaster for Adesanyas hype train. Match him up with an underrated, disliked, boring fighter who could very well beat him.

I dont find dominant grapplers to be boring but then again i'm not some shit casual fan.

I dont find dominant grapplers to be boring but then again i'm not some shit casual fan.
He’s mostly a kickboxer though not a grappler he’s basically Kalib Starnes 2.0 and he’s even from crapada too

Loser has to be Invicta ring boy for the rest of the year.

He's 28 and has 12 pro MMA fights, this is the right next step. His career trajectory is sink or swim, beat Elias and put yourself on the map or...lose and get exploited, now you're just another prospect that washed the fuck out about to turn 30....

Good luck to Israel, he's really slick on the feet and has a crazy frame... we'll see if he can stop the double though. Elias Theodorou is a solid fighter who will test his grappling chops if he can get in on Adesyana.

I thought Elias finally gave up MMA and became a ring-girl for Invicta?

I celebrated too soon, it seems.
Hope Izzy knocks this guy out.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/2/...old-and-wrinkly-tuf-winner-in-next-ufc-outing

“I don’t know… I think they said he’s an Ultimate Fighter winner...I don’t know. He looks like Fabio, old and wrinkly, but I can’t remember his name. That was one of the names that was mentioned.”

“The guy who they said won The Ultimate Fighter, that’s one of them. I wish I could remember his name now. We’ll see. I’ve never had the opportunity to be catered to by any company ever. I’ll take whoever, it’s all easy fights anyway. Probably at the end of this year I will be top 10. Once they see the next fight they’re going to say, ‘We can’t keep feeding him guys that aren’t on his level’.

Alright, maybe he didn't actually say his name, but that's clearly Theodorou, right? Personally, I've grown tired of Elias inside and outside of the cage, so I'm pretty stoked to see him get lit up some time soon.

that's a bad fight to make if the UFC is gonna try to build Adesanya. even if Izzy wins, Elias will slow that shit down to a boring pace. it'll be a case of "sometimes when you win, you really lose ..."

Was hoping for UFC brass to feed him Sam Alvey first. I'd be impressed with Israel if he can somehow stifle the movement of Elias and get him of his bike.

Also can we not let Izzy become a thing around here?

Elias isnt old and wrinkly so its not him. You should change title since its a lie

I was thinking he was talking about Shoeface, but then I read he's only 27. It could be quite a few fighters. Here's a list of current middleweights who have won TUF:

Cezar Mutante (age 33)
Elias Theodorou (age 29)
Andrew Sanchez (age 29)
Antonio Shoeface (age 27)

So Mutante looks like the most likely.

...or he could always be trolling and mean Bisping, Rashad, or Kelvin

that's a bad fight to make if the UFC is gonna try to build Adesanya. even if Izzy wins, Elias will slow that shit down to a boring pace. it'll be a case of "sometimes when you win, you really lose ..."
I think that's why their making this fight now. It would be easy to put Izzy up against a bunch of guys who want to stand and bang to get his winning streak going, but that would be setting him up just to fall as soon as he faced a top grappler.
Put him up against a grappler now, and we see who he really is, and even if he falls, it's not from as high up.
Theodorou does have a tendency to just stand infront of his opponent though, and if he got rocked by Dan Kelly everything Izzy throws is going to feel like an H-bomb.

Elias isnt old and wrinkly so its not him. You should change title since its a lie

I was thinking he was talking about Shoeface, but then I read he's only 27. It could be quite a few fighters. Here's a list of current middleweights who have won TUF:

Cezar Mutante (age 33)
Elias Theodorou (age 29)
Andrew Sanchez (age 29)
Antonio Shoeface (age 27)

So Mutante looks like the most likely.

...or he could always be trolling and mean Bisping, Rashad, or Kelvin

So neither of you have the slightest idea who Fabio is, then? News from the 90s: Fabio is a male model known for his jawline and long hair, as is *gasp* Elias Theodorou. And if you're going to compare someone to a model, you're going to say he's an older, uglier version of said model. It's known as an insult.

There are boring grapplers, and pointing out that there are boring grapplers, does not make anyone a casual.

No need to be such an elitist blowhard.

So neither of you have the slightest idea who Fabio is, then? News from the 90s: Fabio is a male model known for his jawline and long hair. And if you're going to compare someone to a model, you're going to say he's an older, uglier version of said model. It's known as an insult.

No Im guessing were both heterosexual and have no idea about 90s male models.

Back