Izzy Adesanya Says He's Getting Booked Against Elias Theodorou

Finding something boring and being entitled aren't mutually exclusive. Perhaps you'd see that if you weren't so busy patting yourself on the back for being hardcore.

It has nothing to do with patting myself on the back and everything to do with spitting on casual fans and their terrible perspectives.

It doesn't make any sense for them to give him Elias. Why would you sign a guy known for flashy striking and then give him guys who want to grapple right off the bat?

At least build his hype with a few favourable matchups before you try to test whether he's for real...

should be a good fight to see where he is wrestling wise.

This is the thing, knowing Tristar gym & how the fighters from there mostly fight ("mostly" being key here), I think that Theodorou will essentially just fight "smart" (aka boring to some) and will just try going for clinchs & take downs without engaging much, if at all, with Israel on the feet (in terms of strikes). That in of itself might not be successful every single time but all Theodorou needs is a single proper take down for a chance to submit Israel (does Israel even knows much Jiu jitsu?).

Last edited:
This is a recipe for disaster for Adesanyas hype train. Match him up with an underrated, disliked, boring fighter who could very well beat him.
Yeah.... Elias is a solid wall and staller and a good lay and prayer.

This matchup is terrible LOL

Will be interested in seeing the fight. Especially to see what adesanya looks like tdd wise.

Was hoping for UFC brass to feed him Sam Alvey first. I'd be impressed with Israel if he can somehow stifle the movement of Elias and get him of his bike.

Also can we not let Izzy become a thing around here?
Please. I'm still recovering from the CoGar insanity

Back