THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX on Netflix

If you have seen THE CLOVERFIELD PARADOX, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Well we shall see it in the Blu Ray / DVD package and maybe we find out more, just a few months and we get there.

PS: It's getting a tad triggery in here.

<21>
I'm sorry if it's triggery... I'm just so confused as to how a "pre-released clip" THAT WASN'T EVEN A PART OF THE OFFICIAL PROMOS... is now being held to such high standards of debate. I am a person who loves to watch pre-released stuff regarding movies... but I'm not going to make it a big deal if a scene doesn't make it.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if it's triggery... I'm just so confused as to how a "pre-released clip" THAT WASN'T EVEN A PART OF THE OFFICIAL PROMOS... is now being held to such high standards of debate. I am a person who loves to watch all the pre-released stuff regarding Star Wars. I even speculated upon that very scene... but it was never an official scene. It was a clip we got from a behind the scenes look at the filming.

So fast forward to the movie's actual release & that scene isn't in it. Is that really a problem? It was a "behind the scenes clip"... it was never presented as being a part of the movie.

That's all I'm saying.

That's not what it's triggery, look around and read other posts. :p

Can't wait!

*Secret* (I know what Cloverfield/The first monster is)...

Well we shall see it in the Blu Ray / DVD package and maybe we find out more, just a few months and we get there.

PS: It's getting a tad triggery in here.

<21>

Maybe a little, but we have restraint!
han-solo-caught-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-ahh-well-1355480058P.gif

So after reading this line "resulted in a significant breakthrough diagnosing transmission complications with two of our governmental clients’ orbiting satellites."

That kinda gives an alien vibe right? What was causing the transmission complications?

God Particle is about the space station so maybe they are linked

Maybe you're onto something.

I dunno, but seeing exactly how they tie this movie into the other two is part of my interest in the film. Like I said earlier, they're retrofitting these films into the original Cloverfield universe and I think that's interesting, even if the connections are small.

@BisexualMMA will be interested in this.

The movie was two and a half hours long. Johnson had to cut something somewhere along the line. Luke saying he'll teach three lessons and then not even bothering to teach three lessons ultimately demeans the character in a different way.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of being personally insulted by people on here for criticizing a movie, so I will probably be taking less of an interest in discussing Star Wars on Sherdog.

The movie was two and a half hours long. Johnson had to cut something somewhere along the line. Luke saying he'll teach three lessons and then not even bothering to teach three lessons ultimately demeans the character in a different way.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of being personally insulted by people on here for criticizing a movie, so I will probably be taking less of an interest in discussing Star Wars on Sherdog.

I don't remember anyone personally insulting you. Most of the vocal people in the Last Jedi thread are the critics, so it seems to me it's the people who actually liked it who have been embattled.

I don't remember anyone personally insulting you. Most of the vocal people in the Last Jedi thread are the critics, so it seems to me it's the people who actually liked it who have been embattled.

I've seen a pattern in general similar to that in Ghostbusters 2016. People who didn't like the movie criticized the movie. People who did like the movie criticized the people who didn't like the movie.

In the last couple days I've been called a fool and a wanker.

I've seen a pattern in general similar to that in Ghostbusters 2016. People who didn't like the movie criticized the movie. People who did like the movie criticized the people who didn't like the movie.

Really? I did not like the Ghostbusters remake but I still recognized that the majority of the criticism amounted to, "Eww! Women!" It seemed most of the critics had made up their minds that they weren't going to like it before it even came out.

In the last couple days I've been called a fool and a wanker.

A wanker? Damn, I didn't realize it was like all that. . .

Really? I did not like the Ghostbusters remake but I still recognized that the majority of the criticism amounted to, "Eww! Women!" It seemed most of the critics had made up their minds that they weren't going to like it before it even came out.

There were some people opposed to the idea of an all-female Ghostbusters when it was announced, but it wasn't a huge deal, nor did it invite a marketing campaign from the cast and crew that denigrated anyone who was opposed. Then the first trailer dropped, and it was rightfully and roundly criticized, and the response was the cast and crew calling anyone who didn't like the trailer a basement-dwelling neckbeard misogynist. Then it pretty much continued up to and after the release of the film.

If you look at positive reviews of The Last Jedi, be they professional or just people rambling on YouTube, an unjustifiable amount of time is spent trying to discredit critics of the film with ad hominem attacks. That's not even getting into the stuff about an alt right conspiracy to downvote the movie.

A wanker? Damn, I didn't realize it was like all that. . .

I've been called much worse, but there are things worth my time and things not worth my time. If I were offered money to talk about movies and then be insulted afterward, I'd turn down the position. I don't see any reason to do it for free on a karate forum.

If you or anyone wants my opinion on anything, I'm not difficult to find.

If you look at positive reviews of The Last Jedi, be they professional or just people rambling on YouTube, an unjustifiable amount of time is spent trying to discredit critics of the film with ad hominem attacks. That's not even getting into the stuff about an alt right conspiracy to downvote the movie.

I can't say I've noticed that, but I will say that I did feel like the TLJ thread here in the Berry was not kind to the film's supporters. It started to sound like an echo chamber of guys chanting, "This movie sucks! This movie sucks!" I'm sure that played at least some part in me just dropping out of that thread.

But I do agree with the idea that we should not be personally insulting people because of their thoughts on movies. I have little tolerance for that kind of thing and it's a fast track to my Ignore list, which is well-populated.

I can't say I've noticed that, but I will say that I did feel like the TLJ thread here in the Berry was not kind to the film's supporters. It started to sound like an echo chamber of guys chanting, "This movie sucks! This movie sucks!" I'm sure that played at least some part in me just dropping out of that thread.

But I do agree with the idea that we should not be personally insulting people because of their thoughts on movies. I have little tolerance for that kind of thing and it's a fast track to my Ignore list, which is well-populated.

Well, if I think a movie is good or bad, I generally give my reasons. Even when talking about The Last Jedi, I've generally avoided repeating myself, even if partly because I have a long list of reasons.

Update: January 22, 2018

Third Cloverfield Movie's Title Possibly Revealed as CLOVERFIELD STATION

As per JJ Abrams' Mystery Box, the third installment in the Cloverfield franchise has been surrounded by secrecy but now it appears that its official title may have been mistakenly revealed by a crew member's LinkedIn profile.
Ray Xu, a lighting artist for the movie, has listed the movie's title as: Cloverfield Station

This title fits nicely into the naming scheme laid-out by the previous installments; The first simply titled, Cloverfield, and it's sequel, 10 Cloverfield Lane.

After being delayed multiple times, the movie finally setteld on a release date of April 20th 2018. An online ARG (alternate reality game) was just recently launched to coincide with the movie and a trailer is expected to land next month, coinciding with Paramount's next major theatrical release, Annihilation.

For the longest time the sequel has been referred to as God Particle, in reference to the in-universe element that sends Daniel Brühl, Elizabeth Debecki, and the rest of the crew, aboard the space station, into disaster. Based on the release date, ARG launch and expected trailer release, as well as the narrative links, the assumption is that this is the new official title for Cloverfield 3.

Cloverfield 3 Title Possibly Revealed To Be 'Cloverfield Station' By Crew Member's LinkedIn Listing

There is not a lot of info regarding the viral marketing as of right now but some things are worth mentioning

Here is a picture of a someone who looks to be male. It was pulled from that creepy website they published. He seems to be ranting about something

This is audio pulled from presumably the same video ( http://04182028.com/ )

”That is why im trying to warn you about the dangers of what Tagruato is trying to do. That is why we must now battle (to save the helios)."

xrF6nExykQKziy8R7E0a3UfcGqZfBWDMVdTbGKLQEkJKadfUBfUwTVP0N1QFPZctxl9HIJLyxbTJBSL2ou-5=w1533-h873-rw

Update: January 22, 2018

Third Cloverfield Movie's Title Possibly Revealed as CLOVERFIELD STATION

As per JJ Abrams' Mystery Box, the third installment in the Cloverfield franchise has been surrounded by secrecy but now it appears that its official title may have been mistakenly revealed by a crew member's LinkedIn profile.
Ray Xu, a lighting artist for the movie, has listed the movie's title as: Cloverfield Station

This title fits nicely into the naming scheme laid-out by the previous installments; The first simply titled, Cloverfield, and it's sequel, 10 Cloverfield Lane.

After being delayed multiple times, the movie finally setteld on a release date of April 20th 2018. An online ARG (alternate reality game) was just recently launched to coincide with the movie and a trailer is expected to land next month, coinciding with Paramount's next major theatrical release, Annihilation.

For the longest time the sequel has been referred to as God Particle, in reference to the in-universe element that sends Daniel Brühl, Elizabeth Debecki, and the rest of the crew, aboard the space station, into disaster. Based on the release date, ARG launch and expected trailer release, as well as the narrative links, the assumption is that this is the new official title for Cloverfield 3.

Cloverfield 3 Title Possibly Revealed To Be 'Cloverfield Station' By Crew Member's LinkedIn Listing

Read this as well

Update: January 23, 2018

Netflix in Talks to Acquire J.J. Abrams' CLOVERFIELD Sequel from Paramount

Netflix is in talks to acquire God Particle from Paramount, the studio that made the latest thriller from J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield movie series.

Sources say it is unclear if a deal will be made, but if the ink does dry, it will come on the heels of Paramount’s December deal with Netflix in which it unloaded the new Alex Garland-directed movie, Annihilation, on the digital streamer, which picked up all international territories except domestic from the studio. Paramount was set to release God Particle on April 20.

The culling of Paramount’s release slate is being spearheaded by chairman Jim Gianopulos, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The exec took over the reins last spring, watching the movies he had inherited and making some hard choices.

“He sat down and looked at what is theatrical, what is not in this day and age,” says one source. Certain movies were not making the cut.

Paramount has produced and released two Cloverfield films to great profitability. The pics took unique perspectives on what were traditionally big-budget movies. Cloverfield, released in 2008 and directed by Matt Reeves, was a found-footage monster movie made for $25 million that grossed $80 domestically. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) was a contained alien invasion movie that cost even less and made $72 million domestically.

However, God Particle, which was also known as Cloverfield Station, seemed to eschew the model from the get-go. Its budget was in the $40 million-plus range, and its cast was more established, boasting David Oyelowo, Ziyi Zhang, Daniel Bruhl, Elizabeth Debicki and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

Sources say the movie needed some work, and while Abrams expressed an intent to get down to business in postproduction, it was too little, too late. Several sources suggested that Abrams’ attention may be taken up by his unexpected new assignment, the final installment of the Star Wars Skywalker episodes, which he signed on to in September after the firing of director Colin Trevorrow.

Netflix in Talks to Acquire J.J. Abrams' Untitled 'Cloverfield' Sequel From Paramount

Update: January 23, 2018

Netflix in Talks to Acquire J.J. Abrams' CLOVERFIELD Sequel from Paramount

Netflix is in talks to acquire God Particle from Paramount, the studio that made the latest thriller from J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield movie series.

Sources say it is unclear if a deal will be made, but if the ink does dry, it will come on the heels of Paramount’s December deal with Netflix in which it unloaded the new Alex Garland-directed movie, Annihilation, on the digital streamer, which picked up all international territories except domestic from the studio. Paramount was set to release God Particle on April 20.

The culling of Paramount’s release slate is being spearheaded by chairman Jim Gianopulos, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The exec took over the reins last spring, watching the movies he had inherited and making some hard choices.

“He sat down and looked at what is theatrical, what is not in this day and age,” says one source. Certain movies were not making the cut.

Paramount has produced and released two Cloverfield films to great profitability. The pics took unique perspectives on what were traditionally big-budget movies. Cloverfield, released in 2008 and directed by Matt Reeves, was a found-footage monster movie made for $25 million that grossed $80 domestically. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) was a contained alien invasion movie that cost even less and made $72 million domestically.

However, God Particle, which was also known as Cloverfield Station, seemed to eschew the model from the get-go. Its budget was in the $40 million-plus range, and its cast was more established, boasting David Oyelowo, Ziyi Zhang, Daniel Bruhl, Elizabeth Debicki and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

Sources say the movie needed some work, and while Abrams expressed an intent to get down to business in postproduction, it was too little, too late. Several sources suggested that Abrams’ attention may be taken up by his unexpected new assignment, the final installment of the Star Wars Skywalker episodes, which he signed on to in September after the firing of director Colin Trevorrow.

Netflix in Talks to Acquire J.J. Abrams' Untitled 'Cloverfield' Sequel From Paramount

Well there it is

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back