J Leon Love vs Peter Quillin, Berto vs Devon Alexander, Marcus Browne, Luis collazo PBC Aug4 Fox-FS2

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=35466

Former world title holders Peter Quillin and Luis Collazo were joined by WBA women's super middleweight champion Alicia Napoleon at a media luncheon in Manhattan Thursday to discuss their respective showdowns taking place Saturday, August 4th at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Long Island, New York in an event presented by Premier Boxing Champions. Note: the show will be split up among two networks, Fox and FS2.

https://www.boxingscene.com/sergey-lipinets-vs-erick-bone-set-berto-alexander-card--130135

The Lipinets vs. Bone clash will kick off the primetime broadcast, which begins at 7:30 p.m. ET/4:30 p.m. PT and is headlined by former 147-pound world champions Andre Berto and Devon Alexander in a 12-round showdown and former world champion Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin facing 168-pound contender J'Leon Love. Sensational junior middleweight prospect Joey Spencer will also be in action.

A special edition of Premier Boxing Champions on FS2 and FOX Deportes begins at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT and will feature unbeaten 2016 U.S. Olympian Antuanne Russell (6-0, 6 KOs) taking on Jose Arturo Esquivel (10-7, 2 KOs), plus, time permitting on the telecast, his brother Antonio Russell (11-0, 9 KOs) in an eight-round bantamweight fight. The FS2 and FOX Deportes telecast is headlined by unbeaten light heavyweight contender Marcus Browne taking on once-beaten Lenin Castillo in a 10-round match and a welterweight fight between former world champion Luis Collazo and Bryant Perrella.

Errol Spence in particular has been very avoided at 147, or at least that's the perception. Would you take a fight with him going forward?

D. Alexander
Oh absolutely, absolutely. It just depends on what my coach and my team want for me. I'd love to get in there with Errol Spence. I'd love to get in there with Keith Thurman. It depends who's available at that particular time. A lot of people they like to pick the easiest opponent nowadays so we'll just have to see when we cross that road. What I'm focusing on is Andre Berto and getting the job done August 4.

Andre Berto is nearly a 2 to 1 underdog vs Devon Alexander. Not sure that is justified at this point. Alexander looked pretty mediocre against Ortiz in that recent majority draw. I think this could be competitive or go either way.

i always tell JLeon he looks like devon alexander. i wonder if they will be confused for each other

quillin-love%20(5).jpg

Errol Spence in particular has been very avoided at 147, or at least that's the perception. Would you take a fight with him going forward?

D. Alexander
Oh absolutely, absolutely. It just depends on what my coach and my team want for me. I'd love to get in there with Errol Spence. I'd love to get in there with Keith Thurman. It depends who's available at that particular time. A lot of people they like to pick the easiest opponent nowadays so we'll just have to see when we cross that road. What I'm focusing on is Andre Berto and getting the job done August 4.
Of course a hasbeen like Alexander wants a big fight like that.

WEIGH-IN REPORT FROM LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK

Andre Berto 146 lbs
Devon Alexander 146.8 lbs

Peter Quillin 167 lbs
J'Leon Love 168 lbs

Marcus Browne 175.8
Lenin Castillo 175.8

Sergey Lipinets 146.8
Erick Bone 146.6 lbs

Brandon Figueroa 122.8 lbs
Luis Suarez 120.8

Alicia Napoleon 156.6 lbs
Hannah Rankin 158.2 lbs
(WBA Super Middleweight)

Luis Collazo 147.2 lbs
Bryant Perrella 146 lbs

Lipinetz vs Bone has FOTY written all over it.

Its a shame its not on big Fox

Back