J. Peterson Channel 4 Interview

Wow that lady was trying to strawman him for a half hour straight and she got destroyed.

Funny how he would come up with an intelligent thought and she would dumb it down and repeat it back to him in the most absolute form possible to try and make him look bad. I can't even count how many times she said "So what you're saying is...." and responded with "No, that's not what I said at all".

DTwmb-5U8AAQr_m.jpg

I just happened to be watching that at this moment

Douglas Murray on Jordan Peterson's interview:

...(at 22.25) Newman is reduced to spluttering and then silence. She tries to pull herself together. But she can think of nothing to say. She tries to whip herself back up to a fever of indignation, but that doesn’t work either. And then finally she tries to finish off the interview in the same way the Today programme did by taking up a half-humorous evolutionary case-study Peterson has written about (lobsters) and used it to try to present him as some kind of madman or imbecile.

The general British broadcast media treatment of Peterson was not just ignorant and parochial (and aren’t some ‘internationalists’ just the most parochial people of all?). It [the interview] showed that it has become acceptable for an interviewer to go in with nothing other than an ambition to demonstrate their moral superiority at the expense of the interviewee. This may be fun and help burnish the sense of moral preening of the presenter. But it allows the audience to learn nothing.

...if yesterday’s interview is anything to go by, all she [interviewer Cathy Newman] has is attitudes. And lazy attitudes at that. In the face of facts she is reduced to talking about people she knows.

That isn’t news. It isn’t even interviewing. It is grandstanding. This nation’s broadcasters should feel ashamed.

source:

Cathy Newman’s catastrophic interview with Jordan Peterson

Props to @Metusalemi who posted this in the Jordan Peterson thread:

owned-gif.gif

And this is what some people don't understand. In pursuit of a bubble wrapped world they're just strangling their future selves. While I'm not advocating for being offensive for its own sake, nothing should be off the table. Besides, avoiding any verbal conflict is the same as ceding control of emotional and mental well being to others. Might as well give up and dangle yourself from a tree if you think that's a good long term goal.

I think this may be the only interview I've ever watched where I agree with literally everything said by one person and disagree with everything said by other.

The laughter and calmness is just icing on the cake.

Cathy Newman's response to Douglas Murray's critical article of her interview:

Wow that lady was trying to strawman him for a half hour straight and she got destroyed.

Funny how he would come up with an intelligent thought and she would dumb it down and repeat it back to him in the most absolute form possible to try and make him look bad. I can't even count how many times she said "So what you're saying is...." and responded with "No, that's not what I said at all".

You so beat me to it.

At one point about 2/3 of the way through I was about to go back and count the number of times she did the whole "So what you're saying is ______ (insert simplistic meme-like feminist/progressive synopsis), isn't it?" Brits love that ending tag too.

Last edited:
Jordan was impeccable here. He was poised, knowledgeable and friendly. She was so incompetent it almost seemed like she was handing him her credibility intentionally, like they were working together. You know you got handled when.

Debating a leftists by using facts, data and evidence, presented in a reasonable, logical manner is like holding a crucifix to a vampire.

JP actually went pretty easy on the ol’ girl. She made herself so completely unlikable that he could have brutalized her and the public would have stayed with him.

She should fire her makeup artist too. Those bags are enormous.

Absolutely vicious first round TKO by Pederson. Her corner should have thrown in the towel IMO. He treated her worse then Sylvia treated Cabbage back in the day.

Back