Jab duels.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The jab is the most important punch in a fighter's arsenal. What were some good fights between 2 fighters with great jabs?

Floyd and Cotto were both good jabbers. Not sure I would call that fight a jab "duel" though.

Norton - Holmes, some beautiful jab gamesmanship in that one..

Floyd vs Oscar De La Hoya, and Klitschko vs Fury come to mind.

and Klitschko vs Fury come to mind.

Just in general, Klitschko-Fury should never be referenced for anything notable other than being a god awful fight thats saddled us with Tyson Fury for the past two years.

Just in general, Klitschko-Fury should never be referenced for anything notable other than being a god awful fight thats saddled us with Tyson Fury for the past two years.

Kimbo Slice and Shane Tilyard got into a pretty good jab festival.

Barrera-Fana is less famous, but I'd say both guys had good jabs, though Barreras was clearly better

Ike Quartey vs. Oscar Delahoya.

Not only a jab fest, but a fanastic fight .... one of the most underrated and over looked fights of the last 25 years.

Not only a jab fest, but a fanastic fight .... one of the most underrated and over looked fights of the last 25 years.

Came here to say that.

Came here to say that.
ya, was a good one, that was when oscar was still hungry and before he started letting down just enough to lose the big fights.

ya, was a good one, that was when oscar was still hungry and before he started letting down just enough to lose the big fights.

KDs were key in this one as it was razor close. Quartey was a fine fighter. The DLH and the Forrest decisions could have gone either way.

that's right, there was a lot of arguing about who won that one. DLH spent the early part of his career getting close decisions and the next part losing them. one arguement i heard was "well, he knocked the guy down twice, when has anyone gotten knocked down twice and won a decision" which to me, sounded pretty stupid, i'm sure it's happened before. If a guy wins 10/13 rounds and gets dropped in two rounds, well, he should get the decision.

Norton - Holmes, some beautiful jab gamesmanship in that one..
Was gonna say this. Norton did a great job of doing out jabbing the jabber, imo. Can't hook with a hooker but you can jab with a jabber, as they say. Norton did a good job of that imo. That was a great fight as well so fits this perfectly. Thought Norton got a raw deal, obv just my opinion on that part, tho.

norton had practice against ali, ali actually thought norton's jab was faster, "it wasn't" as eddie futch said but he had the skills to throw simultaneously with ali. something you think someone would have tried before that. he jabbed with ali which he didn't see much of.

Couldn’t agree more. Fury is so overrated. Ridiculous.

First one that came to mind for me as well.

Back