JABB - Fight Gear For Champions

Michael194

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I recently came across this company called JABB - Fight Gear For Champions

They seem to have some really cheap, good quality apparel, what do you guys think? Has anyone tried these? They kind of remind me of the Sabas's and UMA's.

To my understanding, their a new up and coming company. The gloves are made in Pakistan and can also be ordered custom. I found them through eBay, immediately noticed the craftsmanship and decided to post a topic on them.

I contacted them on facebook and in the nearby future, they plan on releasing Velcro's as well as head gear. I think their normal designs are pretty unique by itself. Far as the padding goes, I didn't get too much on that yet.

https://www.facebook.com/FightGearforChampions/

"NEW FIGHT GEAR EQUIPMENT JUST LAUCHED. Personnel name vinly printed on the gloves for £5.00 JABB - Fight gear for champions 12 oz, 14 oz and 16 oz Fight / sparring GlovesProfessional Lace fight Glove - Black and neon yellow. Cow hide leather double stitched hand made glove. Hand moulded padding, from high density padding for the ultimate in hand and metacarpals protection. Made from hand moulded foams, perfect shape, complete protection and femadeel. Wrist area features 3 bar padded wrist section for better wrist support and impact protection with lace fitting for a secure fit and extra support. Hand made lace boxing glove for a better fit and feel when sparring. Please state what Size and colour when you purchase and your name for name for printing if you wish for this option."

Last edited:
Poor choice of name I think considering there's already the brand JAAB, which Kelly Pavlik always used to use in training

14 oz JABB - Boxing Gloves

Regardless of the name, I ordered a pair of these gloves. With the price point, you can't really go wrong. Here's a few pro's and cons.

First of all, the owner of the company Andrew is a really friendly guy, is open to suggestions and is quick in his replies.

As for the gloves, I'm not familiar with the type of leather they use. The gloves are manufactured in Pakistan, it seems like they know what they are doing with room for improvements here and there. The padding seems like a 3 layered padding which feels very protective, yet gives a good pop to the bag. The weight of the glove is also on point, custom orders are possible. From what I understand, they use 2 different types of gloves. You'd have to ask about it on their facebook page though.

The glove feels like it has a narrow hand compartment, more narrow than the Reyes yet has enough space for bigger hands as well. Once they break in, they feel like pillows.

Below, I posted some side to side comparisons with my 14oz reyes so you get a better understanding of the profile on the glove.

Here's a link to their facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/FightGearforChampions/
A link to their gloves on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192276150220

*note*
both gloves are 14oz

pros
great stitching
compact glove
great bag feedback (uses a 3 layered foam)
feels very comfortable
seems durable
grip bar feels right
great thumb (doesn't feel tight, much like a grant like thumb, doesn't feel as awkward as the Reyes)
price point, these gloves cost only £35.00!

cons
minor (I'd use different laces)
take a while to break in
padding near the laces could be distributed better
the vent holes could be poked in better, more evenly

YxtN3XA.png
puN6w4Z.png
zueba2O.png
F5IbiRD.png
Noq1UkI.png

Last edited:
It's a shame, wish you can throw a cross or uppercut with these gloves. So that is like brown and blue, not black and blue right? Look pretty good for the price.

How's the wrist? Look like they can flex quite a lot without tight lacing and a lot of tape. Am I wrong?

It's a shame, wish you can throw a cross or uppercut with these gloves. So that is like brown and blue, not black and blue right? Look pretty good for the price.

How's the wrist? Look like they can flex quite a lot without tight lacing and a lot of tape. Am I wrong?
It's grey and blue, I think they look good but also would've preferred black instead of grey.

The wrist is really protective, I just don't like the padding with the palm. For catching shots, I'd say it's a lesser glove. Also I would use a different type of leather. Not because it's a bad leather but because I don't like the smell, texture and haven't seen it being used in a glove before. The leather feels a little too smooth to me, kind of like the leather they use on some jackets. Maybe it's cause I'm so attached to my reyes. I can only compare with what I've had and from that aspect, I've tried and owned about 10 different types/brands of gloves.

I don't use any tape, I just lace it and put a band around them or use minimal tape just to cover the laces. If anything, I'd use a lace converter and would replace the laces with thinner ones or perhaps elastic ones. Personally, I'm not a fan of the thick laces. It's a minor con though since laces are easily replaceable. You could probably order a pair in your local sports store, combat sports store or even aliexpress for a couple of bucks.

Edit: Maybe this gives you a better estimate, they recently posted this on their facebook.

FunTzh0.png

Last edited:
Back