Jacare Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum Added to UFC 224 in Brazil (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Go check gas's instagram and you will see how dense he actually is. He is fitter than all of us sherdoggers. Fitter than jacare. He never gets tired. He carries a bit of fat yes but he has that dc type brickshithouse body. Dude is thick. You will be surprised to see how big he looks in person. His shoulders are huge.

Jacare by sub round 2. Kelvins boxing is great, but his ground game will be his undoing unless he can keep it standing all 3 rounds. Great fight to make though, really hyped for this one.

Kelvin has a strong ground game and it will be difficult for Jacare to get him there anyway. Kelvin is going to light Jacare up IMO but Jacare can still finish the fight anywhere.

I'm unsure, 50/50 fight for me. I thought Jacare was starting to look old and might be on the way out, but his last fight impressed me, he looked far from done.

No I don't. You are one of many that has bought into the "Jacare should have got a title shot ages ago" myth.

Camozzi x 2
Boestch
What's left of Vitor
Carmont
Brunson

Okami was an ok win, not really that good in hindsight.

And a stylistically favorable match up in Mousasi is his best and only good win. That is one good win in 8 UFC fights. Only 2 that are worth anything at all.

And then losses littered amongst those unimpressive wins.

Mousasi wasn't top 5 when he beat him and that's his best win by far. His striking is extremely limited and not elite and cardio post USADA isn't elite, his wrestling isn't elite.

He has beaten nobody because he is not as elite as Sherdog has said. 2 wins into the UFC and people were throwing fits that he wasn't getting a title shot.

If you do it like that, who is even good in the MW division??
So all of them are unworthy and not good?
You can discredit every fighter on the roster, if you discredit Jacare like that.

If you do it like that, who is even good in the MW division??
So all of them are unworthy and not good?
You can discredit every fighter on the roster, if you discredit Jacare like that.

I see what you are saying. Pick through anyone's record and you can find holes and flaws and what not.

I still stand by what I said. I firmly believe Jacare will never be champ and will retire with maybe a single top 5 win of he is lucky.

Anything can happen and he could adjust and beat Romero(his best shot at getting a top 5 win) or maybe Weidman. So I am totally fine with being wrong, I have no problems with Jacare going his next 20 fights undefeated I just find his few nuthuggers unbearable.

Really hard to pick this fight, but I'm going to go with Gastelum because of his speed advantage. Jacare was flustered by the speed of Bobby Knux, Kelvin might be just as quick.

I expect Kelvin to light him up on his feet and make him look like he's fighting in slow motion. If Jacare gets him down though it might get interesting.

I see what you are saying. Pick through anyone's record and you can find holes and flaws and what not.

I still stand by what I said. I firmly believe Jacare will never be champ and will retire with maybe a single top 5 win of he is lucky.

Anything can happen and he could adjust and beat Romero(his best shot at getting a top 5 win) or maybe Weidman. So I am totally fine with being wrong, I have no problems with Jacare going his next 20 fights undefeated I just find his few nuthuggers unbearable.

Lots of really good fighters never became champions. Does that make them bad fighters?
Gus, Anthony Johnson, Romero, Mousasi, Thompson, Maia, Condit, Cerrone, the Diaz', Korean Zombie, Faber, Dodson and Benavidez never became champions either.
They are still really, really good fighters, and I actually believe apart from Gus, that Jacare is better than the rest of those fighters.

I like both guys, I'll be rooting for Kelvin but Jacare should be slightly favored.

Lots of really good fighters never became champions. Does that make them bad fighters?
Gus, Anthony Johnson, Romero, Mousasi, Thompson, Maia, Condit, Cerrone, the Diaz', Korean Zombie, Faber, Dodson and Benavidez never became champions either.
They are still really, really good fighters, and I actually believe apart from Gus, that Jacare is better than the rest of those fighters.

The rest of those fighters have more than one good win for the most part. Yeah pretty much every single fighter you named had a top 5 win.

Didn't say he wasn't good if he never became champ. It's in response to people clamouring for his title shot for years when he has beat 1 decent fighter his entire career.

He has mediocre everything besides BJJ and KO power. Smart fighters negate both of those rather easily.

He isn't as good as Sherdog says is my point. Obviously not winning a title doesn't equate to being a bum.

Back