Jacked but not very strong

Interesting stuff guys. I didn't know intensity wasn't a necessity. I know high level bodybuilders like Coleman and Arnold had pretty high numbers for their max lifts so I thought it's something you had to do in order to get jacked.

Roids are probably a factor too. I read an article about how my country (Korea) is ranked one of the highest for roid use in the bodybuilding community along with the US and a couple others. People I know with PTs have told me their PTs encourage to them to use a bunch of "supplements." There is no stigma of using roids unlike in the US as well so people seem to talk about it like it's "medicine."

Arnold was old school from the 60s when bodybuilders, powerlifters and weightlifters were still training together and there was some crossover btwn the sports, and bodybuilding was still a new thing. Coleman is freakshow strong with a tiny waist. Towards the end of Arnold's era, bodybuilders were shifted to being alot more specialized and lifted lighter but higher rep/volume. Then things shifted again to bodybuilders lifting like powerbuilders some of the time in order to squeeze out as much mass as possible with less attention to proportions or bloated guts. And now there the new leg-training-optional aesthetic movement with physique category.
In the 50-60s, bodybuilders like Steve Reeves purposely undertrained their traps, neck, legs in order to look more aesthetic.

I think the Korean thing about having a good physical appearance has something to do with high steroid usage just like plastic surgery.

Back