Jackie Chan is a underrated kicker

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Mostly known for his insane stunts, comedy, and using everything as a weapon or trap.

But he really is a underrated kicker. And one of the few martial arts actors who uses wirework the right way.

He's no Sean Salmon but he's all right.

His stand up has always been solid.

Bruce Lee exposed his ground game in Enter the Dragon though.

Of course he's a good kicker. You can't be a martial arts movie star without being a good kicker.

Steven_Seagal_00231_8426.jpg

I am a pleb who doesn't know how to timestamp, but 0:40

I don't know if Jackie's kicks hold up to the dude in the suit.

Rooftop fight scene from "Who Am I?" is one of my favorite JC fight scenes all time.

Mostly known for his insane stunts, comedy, and using everything as a weapon or trap.

But he really is a underrated kicker. And one of the few martial arts actors who uses wirework the right way.

I wasnt aware anyone was underrating his kicking. People generally acknowledge he is a phenomenal martial artist- stuntman or not.

J Chan is the best. He was so good in the Foreigner. Such an underrated movie.

Lol, the song is about folk hero Wong Fei Hung who was played by Gordon Liu and Jet Li.

I guess they are saying Chan's character in Drunken Master is Wong??? But that character is nothing like Wong Fei-Hung. Weird.

His stand up has always been solid.

Bruce Lee exposed his ground game in Enter the Dragon though.
I might be wrong but I think you are thinking of Sammo Hung who got armlocked in the beginning. Jackie Chan was one of the guys that BL fights & hits with the sticks.

I might be wrong but I think you are thinking of Sammo Hung who got armlocked in the beginning. Jackie Chan was one of the guys that BL fights & hits with the sticks.

Yeah, you were right.

It was the tumbling at the beginning that Jackie did.

There was also this scene though, when Jackie took Bruce's back, got reversed then got his neck snapped.

Of course he's a good kicker. You can't be a martial arts movie star without being a good kicker.

Steven_Seagal_00231_8426.jpg

Where's Richie??!! I'm just asking because I want to have Anderson-kun show him some deadly stuff.

I saw a pic of Jackie with Deiselnoi and Samart Payakroon. That one scene from super cop where he is fighting the military/sanda dude showed a pretty sweet flying knee. Maybe he trained a little bit in muay thai. I wonder what his martial arts background is for his kicks though?
229658_285386701597141_982867845_n.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought Mike Vanderjagt was a good kicker.

Back