Jacobs and Charlo and Saunders, oh my!

FightGuyOpenMind

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Canelo has dethroned GGG, and is the current holder of the WBA, WBC, and Ring Magazine middleweight titles!!

Who deserves a crack at the champ?

Billy Joe Saunders makes it past "Boo Boo" Andrade on Oct 20th he will remain the WBO middleweight title holder.

Jermall Charlo currently holds the WBC interim middleweight title.

"Miracle Man" Danny Jacobs fights for the vacated IBF middleweight title on Oct 27th.

All of these great champions would be worthy of a fight with Canelo. Who do you think deserves it the most? Who stylistically gives Canelo the most trouble?

I think Andrade is a live dog against Saunders.

I honestly don't know who wins that fight. Neither of them have enough punching power where I think we'll see a stoppage.

It's going to be a slick boxing match. Andrade can push forward, so can BJS. It's a toss up; live dogs both of them.

Live Dog=Underdog with a chance of pulling off the win.

ie) They can't BOTH be live dogs bro.

Jacobs should be next.

Live Dog=Underdog with a chance of pulling off the win.

ie) They can't BOTH be live dogs bro.

Jacobs should be next.

I've never even heard that term before, and I'm always in the boxing gym. Learn something new everyday. Thanks.

m96jjd.jpg

Canelo has dethroned GGG, and is the current holder of the WBA, WBC, and Ring Magazine middleweight titles!!

Who deserves a crack at the champ?

Billy Joe Saunders makes it past "Boo Boo" Andrade on Oct 20th he will remain the WBO middleweight title holder.

Jermall Charlo currently holds the WBC interim middleweight title.

"Miracle Man" Danny Jacobs fights for the vacated IBF middleweight title on Oct 27th.

All of these great champions would be worthy of a fight with Canelo. Who do you think deserves it the most? Who stylistically gives Canelo the most trouble?

The easiest fight of the 3 is BJS, at least IMO. I think Oscar would rather have Canelo get another go with GGG than fight Jacobs or Charlo, IMO.

Perhaps Golden Boy could put another stacked card with Canelo vs Billy Joe as the headliner... that would prob sell. They public shows out for boxing as well across the pond. But I doubt Canelo has any interest in fighting outside of Vegas he is the A side of boxing now.

<mma4> .

m96jjd.jpg

The easiest fight of the 3 is BJS, at least IMO. I think Oscar would rather have Canelo get another go with GGG than fight Jacobs or Charlo, IMO.

Perhaps Golden Boy could put another stacked card with Canelo vs Billy Joe as the headliner... that would prob sell. They public shows out for boxing as well across the pond. But I doubt Canelo has any interest in fighting outside of Vegas he is the A side of boxing now.

<mma4> .

I've decided in my own head that Canelo beats BJS pretty easily. He has the least respectable punching power between the three. I think Canelo has no issue walking him down. I agree 100%.

Hopefully Canelo turns over an immediate rematch with GGG. He will be 37 come their next fight. Father Time is undefeated.

I've decided in my own head that Canelo beats BJS pretty easily. He has the least respectable punching power between the three. I think Canelo has no issue walking him down. I agree 100%.

Hopefully Canelo turns over an immediate rematch with GGG. He will be 37 come their next fight. Father Time is undefeated.

Exactly. Canelo showed Zero respect for GGG's punching power. He's fought him twice. But I'm thinking a go with BJS or someone else would be good before the third fight. At least on Canelo's end. Def not good for team GGG.

<6> .

Jocobs...I think then Charlo with Saunders being last because he has an upcoming fight.

Jocobs...I think then Charlo with Saunders being last because he has an upcoming fight.

Charlo and Jacobs in an elimination bout early next year to see who wins the shot at Canelo September 2019? That would be epic.

Canelo beats all 3 with ease. I like Jacobs but he loses a clean UD and probably gets dropped once.
Charlo gets KOd and so does BJS.

yeah, that's a tough one to call. People are going crazy after BJS beat Lemieux, but we all know Lemieux isn't anything special. They're forgetting that he looked like ass against some no name Russian not that long ago.

yeah, that's a tough one to call. People are going crazy after BJS beat Lemieux, but we all know Lemieux isn't anything special. They're forgetting that he looked like ass against some no name Russian not that long ago.

Lemieux is game. Wants a rematch with GGG, and Canelo:

"Canelo is considering the possibility of fighting again on December 15 - and Lemieux is a frontrunner to secure that bout.

Both Canelo and Lemieux are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions - which means the contest is easy to make.

Because of his one-sided loss to Golovkin in 2015, Lemieux expects to be the big underdog with Canelo.

"I know I will not be the favorite in this fight, but I know I'm able to surprise everyone," Lemieux said."
(https://www.boxingscene.com/lemieux-on-canelo-ill-underdog-i-surprise-everyone--132021)

Lemieux is game. Wants a rematch with GGG, and Canelo:

"Canelo is considering the possibility of fighting again on December 15 - and Lemieux is a frontrunner to secure that bout.

Both Canelo and Lemieux are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions - which means the contest is easy to make.

Because of his one-sided loss to Golovkin in 2015, Lemieux expects to be the big underdog with Canelo.

"I know I will not be the favorite in this fight, but I know I'm able to surprise everyone," Lemieux said."
(https://www.boxingscene.com/lemieux-on-canelo-ill-underdog-i-surprise-everyone--132021)
ehhhh, I don't think he really showed it against Saunders. Looked like he couldn't adjust and kinda gave up. He's a big punch no doubt, but that's kinda it. Lemieux isn't a bad fighter, he just isn't at the level of the other guys, and he's one-dimensional, while really Canelo is, as Seano puts it, the total package.

Jermall is a much better fight IMO.

I was thinking GGG vs BJS next.....that way GGG can get the other belt he never won and can then unification with Canelo after

ehhhh, I don't think he really showed it against Saunders. Looked like he couldn't adjust and kinda gave up. He's a big punch no doubt, but that's kinda it. Lemieux isn't a bad fighter, he just isn't at the level of the other guys, and he's one-dimensional, while really Canelo is, as Seano puts it, the total package.

Jermall is a much better fight IMO.

I have Charlo beating Canelo. His physical stature gives him the edge in my mind. I think if he is serious in his stalking approach he gets into a lot of people's heads at the top level.

How bad he claims he wants fan favorite Canelo kind of reminds me of Tarver stalking Jones. Tarver knew he had the stuff to beat Jones. Tarver shocked the world. Now the question being is Charlo going to follow through like a hungry Tarver did. He was kind of quiet when Jacobs caught him at that Wilder/Ortiz fight. lol......so I don't know. Time will tell.

I have Charlo beating Canelo. His physical stature gives him the edge in my mind. I think if he is serious in his stalking approach he gets into a lot of people's heads at the top level.

How bad he claims he wants fan favorite Canelo kind of reminds me of Tarver stalking Jones. Tarver knew he had the stuff to beat Jones. Tarver shocked the world. Now the question being is Charlo going to follow through like a hungry Tarver did. He was kind of quiet when Jacobs caught him at that Wilder/Ortiz fight. lol......so I don't know. Time will tell.
Charlo definitely has a shot here. The biggest issue for me though is that Charlo tends to headhunt, which IMO isn't going to get him anywhere vs a guy with head movement like Canelo. Also, Charlo has never been in there with a guy of Canelo's size, I think it's going to be a bit of a rude awakening when he finds he can't just break a guy.

I'd like to see Murata vs Charlo. Both are talented fighters who improve a lot. The winner would have hte WBA regular title and hte WBC interim title, which would make them the next in line to face Canelo.

I would also like to echo that BJS possibly doesn't get past Andrade.

Jacobs would be the best fight for real fans I think, Lemeiux is who we are gonna get. Or hell, maybe Andrade gets the crack upon upsetting BJS. I doubt it's Charlo.

Anyway, I will watch Canelo every time as long as it's not an O'Sullivan type of guy.

Back