Jacobs fight coming soon what has been the history of former sparring partner's , what to expect

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score
I can only think of 2
Thurman v Porter (great scrap)

Valdez v Quigg (bloody)

So is it safe to say when former sparring partners collide odds are for a hell of a fight?

4185a076f703c1b0da2a0ddffb9c8455.jpg

Within the rules?

I can only think of 2
Thurman v Porter (great scrap)

Valdez v Quigg (bloody)

So is it safe to say when former sparring partners collide odds are for a hell of a fight?

I think it really depends on the sparring partner. In a case like Danny, he’ll be in a good fight with anyone who can challenge him.

Porter and Keith sparred when they were younger, but by the time they fought they were both world champions.

Derevynchenko, not so much. He’s pretty skilled and tough so he’ll give Danny some rounds but I’m thinking this is gonna be a night for Danny to stay busy and look good. Maybe I’m wrong but Jacobs is on a higher level. So long as he doesn’t fall asleep in there and minds his habits he should be good.

Plus the aesthetics of beating up a come-forward Eastern European wouldn’t hurt in the MW division.

Danny needs good rounds. He'll either get him out quick or basically spar

Danny needs good rounds. He'll either get him out quick or basically spar
i'd much prefer him to score a good clean KO early.

watching him vs arias and sulecki was frustrating because those performances didn't really put him closer to challenging canelo or golovkin, despite the fact that he still looked good against solid opposition... sulecki especially. had he laid both of them out inside 4 rounds, he'd be in a better position right now.

time waits for no man, and i fear danny won't be in the game that long. lay this motherfucker out, double quick.

i'd much prefer him to score a good clean KO early.

watching him vs arias and sulecki was frustrating because those performances didn't really put him closer to challenging canelo or golovkin, despite the fact that he still looked good against solid opposition... sulecki especially. had he laid both of them out inside 4 rounds, he'd be in a better position right now.

time waits for no man, and i fear danny won't be in the game that long. lay this motherfucker out, double quick.

I agree. He looked like shit.

No excuses.

I agree. He looked like shit.

No excuses.
well i didn't feel like that at all. i thought he looked fine. but he didn't seem to be able to pull the trigger on arias, and he tried too hard to knock salecki out. neither extreme is good, had he settled somewhere in the middle and just beat them up, i'm pretty certain he'd get them both out of there.

anyway, this will be a very good opportunity for him to shine. can't wait!

Ali/Holmes.

AJ/Klitschko.

So many ,really.

Want to see Jacobs back to form, and fighting mean. I too would like to see a stoppage from Jacobs here. I think he can get one, but a 2-3 rnd destruction would be perfect timing for his career.

Back