Jaime Munguia vs. Brandon Cook on Canelo-Golovkin Card

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
According to Brandon Cook, a deal has been reached for a showdown with WBO junior middleweight champion Jaime Munguia.

Cook was mentioned earlier this month as a potential opponent for Munguia - with their showdown taking place on September 15th at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The contest will be part as the HBO Pay-Per-View undercard to the Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin rematch.

munguia-smith%20(10).jpg

https://www.boxingscene.com/jaime-munguia-vs-brandon-cook-on-canelo-golovkin-card--131061

It's going to be interesting to see how fast GBP is willing to take Munguia after that very competitive fight against Smith last time out. He's not ready for the class of the division yet.

cook was in a camp to fight brook who pulled out then they changed it to sam eggington who pulled out 3 weeks from the fight... now to Muniga, at least it turned into a title fight and he is ranked 4th... that being said I wont go into this thinking there is a chance the canadian can win a belt, unlike alvarez I knew it was a real fight this to me feels like not a real fight. cook isnt a B+ fighter but he has an upset win over a B+

I only know of Brandon Cook for being on the receiving end of a brutal KO

tumblr_o4mtrfRvv81upwz95o1_400.gif

It's a decent card on paper although two of them are likely to be lopsided.

It's an exciting fight and the GGG vs. Canelo 1's undercard wasn't 'fantastic. This one should have some fireworks!

munguia is not ready for the best. he may never be.

Back