Jamal James vs. Abel Ramos Tops PBC on FS1 - April 13

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Welterweight contender Jamal James will get a chance to fight in front of his hometown crowd when he takes on Abel Ramos in a 10-round welterweight battle that headlines a huge night of action on Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes Friday, April 13 from the Armory in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

In the co-main event, rugged veteran Edner Cherry battles rising lightweight Dennis Galarza in a 10-round bout. The action continues with Austin Dulay and Chris Colbert clashing in an eight-round match between unbeaten super featherweight prospects that kicks off the broadcast at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT. Also appearing on the card is sensational 17-year-old 154-pound prospect Joey Spencer (1-0, 1 KO), a former No. 1 ranked amateur and nine-time national champion.

https://www.boxingscene.com/jamal-james-vs-abel-ramos-tops-pbc-on-fs1-april-13--126212

3 hour telecast

https://www.boxingscene.com/james-ramos-three-hour-pbc-card-on-fs1--127046

"This show is the perfect example of what Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 and FOX Deportes is all about - boxers at various stages of their career, each with something to prove in all action matches,'' said Tim Smith, Vice President of Communications for Haymon Boxing. "The stakes are raised for Jamal James because he's fighting in front of his hometown crowd and yo get in title the mix at 147 pounds and Abel Ramos wants to spoil all of that.

"Veteran Edner Cherry, who has tangled with Paulie Malignaggi and Timothy Bradley, and Dennis Galarza are both looking fighting to get into title contention. And it's rare for unbeaten prospects like Austin Dulay and Chris Colbert to clash this soon in their careers. It all promises to be an exciting night of boxing on a night when the sports calendar isn't crowded.''

The 6-foot-6 Fundora (8-0, 4 KOs) will face Minnesota-based KO artist Veshawn Owens (9-0, 9 KOs) this Friday, April 13, in an eight-round showdown at the Armory in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The pair will meet on the undercard of the Premier Boxing Champions on FOX & FOX Deportes event featuring hometown welterweight Jamal James taking on Abel Ramos (9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT)

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article32949.html

Pretty quiet in here for the last few fights.

This little dude is going after it.

How was the first bout? Looked good the first few rounds but I stepped out to pick up my daughter from Young Life. I have the DVR running.

Jesus, Edner Cherry is still around?

Cherry probably lost the first 4/5 rounds but he is coming back strong

Felt like Cherry and Ramos both won last night, but only Cherry got the nod.

The Ghost had a horrific scorecard in the main giving every round to James as he was fading and losing round after round, it appeared to me, anyway.
The announcing was getting annoying too as Ramos was walking down James and doing good work to the body and they only seemed to be noting James' punches, no matter if they were landing or not.

Have to hype the up-and-comers, I guess.

Felt like Cherry and Ramos both won last night, but only Cherry got the nod.

The Ghost had a horrific scorecard in the main giving every round to James as he was fading and losing round after round, it appeared to me, anyway.
The announcing was getting annoying too as Ramos was walking down James and doing good work to the body and they only seemed to be noting James' punches, no matter if they were landing or not.

Have to hype the up-and-comers, I guess.

I agree! Ugas already proved
At what level this kid really is. Ghost is horrible as a commentator

The Fundora fight was something else. Never seen someone 6’6” fighting at 154lbs. On top of that, he fought inside with Owens the entire time and maybe threw 3 jabs the entire fight.

Back