FEB.23rd James Degale vs Eubank JR PBC Showtime/US- ITV/ UK

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Wow. I had predicted GGG vs Eubank Jr. on ITV PPV. Seeing how some reports stated GGG vs DeGale... looks like the Eubanks got first dibs, and definitely makes more money. I foresee this fight being very successful. If DeGales taken too much damage since the Jack bout, I a have feeling Jr. might actually catch DeGale on the canvas by luck

I like this fight. Eubank by workrate domination.

Hope it happens. Chunky's ship has sailed, but Eubank has been underwhelming of late.

DeGale has not looked world class, and Eubank Jr is not world class. Tough one to call. Favouring the younger Eubank Jr

Pick em at this stage, feel De Gale may have enough left though. Not based on anything other a feeling.

Pick em at this stage, feel De Gale may have enough left though. Not based on anything other a feeling.

Agreed, DeGale in his prime embarrasses Eubank but I still think washed up DeGale will Ben too much for EuWank.

This a tough fight to pick because they've both looked bad in their recent bouts. It depends how much DeGale has slipped because he had the ability to outbox someone like Eubank. Unless Eubank has totally switched up his training setup we are going to see the same version that got schooled by Groves. I'd like Eubank to win because at this point he still has more potential but he might never get there.

Degale is much more talented, but lazy and isn't tactically astute.

Eubank is unable to throw punches straight, struggles against anyone who doesn't just walk straight into his punches, but his conditioning is generally on point and he has decent hand speed.

If Degale ia fully fit and focused then he should win this, but most likely, Eubank wins on points while Jim McDonnell convinces Degale that he has won every round.

This can either be good or a stinker.

I'd favor Eubank as Degale looks shot, but he's blunt enough to lose a decision.

The exciting, all-British, clash marks the debut event for Haymon Sports and Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) in the UK following the groundbreaking deal announced with ITV and Poxon Sports.

degale-eubank%20(4).jpg

DeGale's shot to shit. Before getting the life knocked out of him by Badou Jack, I'd take DeGale all day, but he barely scraped by Caleb fuckin' Truax & was hurt multiple times in those two fights.

He's never liked pressure & as uneducated & lacking in fundamentals as Eubank is, the boy's strong as a tank & has a great workrate (something which DeGale has never every enjoyed).

It's a depressing match-up & I can't bear to watch it.

Mmmm. On the surface I can see why ITV/PBC have chosen this as their first PPV event as part of the deal.

But. I just can't get excited for it, more because I never really have for either fighter. Degale was a bit dull and Eubank Jr was never his Dad.

Eubank is saying he has a coach from the Mayweather gym. He's never had a coach before and there may be a reason why. It may work or may backfire if he has to relearn a lot. More than likely on fight night it won't make much difference.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/03/chris-eubank-jr-links-team-mayweather-coach-nate-vasquez-8306144/

If DeGale comes in motivated he can win. He's talking of this being retirement for the loser as well as a Groves rematch so he may be motivated.

I hope Haymon doesn't get too greedy. Previous ITV PPVs have been £10, which is ok and will bring in viewers. Try and compete with Sky at £16 and buys will be lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back