James Fields Charged with First Degree Murder

She was a big lady.

Local Nazi got acquitted of manslaughter charges because of the bad physical condition of the injured party, from drug abuse. The same could happen here if the prosecutors "over-play" their hand.

2nd degree murder charge would probably already put the guy away for life.

Cool, another leftist in jail. I lub it. I lube it. I Weinstein it!

Oh, so you never heard of Antifa? You have such strong feelings....maybe work on getting some facts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4755278/William-Shatner-compared-Nazis-calling-SJWs.html
William Shatner is featured as a NAZI and called a member of the 'alt-right' after writing on Twitter that Social Justice Warriors shouldn't compare themselves to Reform activists of the 1960s

LOL, how hard do you think it would be to find 100 similar things. But you go on posting your feelings.
One writer used Shatner dressed as a Nazi from a Star Trek episode as the feautured image on his article

<{danawhoah}>

Also, you misunderstood my post entirely and posted bullshit in response.

I did not equate Antifa and fascists on any moral or ethical level. I compared the type of people who are drawn to these groups, and I stand by that.

For example, a lot of gang leaders are the same people who would be CEOs and politicians with different life experiences. That is a statement made by law enforcement and FBI officials around the country. That is not equating them on a moral or ethical level, it is a statement about the types of people who are drawn to those positions.

This paragraph just contains a lot of stuff that I did not even allude to and does not seem to have anything to do with what I said. If you were thrown off by the word "member" then that was just a mistake to use that word.

You started this paragraph by claiming something that I did not claim. Then you argue that Antifa is more moral than white nationalism, which I never commented on.

That's all fine. I am referring to the Antifa and white supremacists who clashed in Charlottesville. Not upstanding citizens calling their local universities to politely voice their opinion on upcoming speakers.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as accusatory as I did. It's just that the way you talk about Antifa in relation to fascists just reflects some common misunderstandings people have (as well as some misinformation that some on the right spread). The more important point is, though, is that criticizing antifascists by comparing them to fascists is to fundamentally misunderstand both ideologies, in theory and in practice. I can recommended some reading if you'd like.

Sorry, but this post A) shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what Antifa is, and B) uses that misunderstanding to draw a false equivalence between them and fascists.

First off, antifa isn't one group, or even one coherent ideological movement. It's just a label for anyone who opposes fascism. Sure, it's largely made up of leftists, but there's nothing to keep a mainstream liberal, or even a conservative from adopting the label. There's no Antifa Central HQ or any such bullshit, despite the narrative pushed by the far right. Additionally, anti-fascism isn't anything new, nor is it even an ideology universally accepted on the far left. Amadeo Bordiga, an Italian Communist, even went so far as to argue that anti-fascism was the worst product of fascism, largely because it diverted attention from anti-capitalism. Leftists and anti-fascist are, essentially, two separate groups that often overlap.

That said, let's ignore the previous paragraph and assume that antifa and the far-left are interchangeable. They STILL aren't as bad as fascists on purely ideological grounds. There is no peaceful version of white nationalism even in theory. Those who fascists see as their political enemies, IE. jews, non-whites, gays, etc., only cease being their enemy by ceasing to exist. Genocide follows from its own internal logic (if they get power). Despite the atrocities committed by communist regimes (as if communism even represented the entirety of far left ideology), these don't necessarily follow from communist theory.

I'm not saying this to justify EVERY single thing anyone waving around an antifa banner has ever done. I'm just saying, look at things on a case by case basis. And beyond that, what you see in the media is only a fraction of antifascist action (and is generally curated to play into red scare hysteria). Deplatforming white nationalist speakers is an antifascist action sure (and one that is frequently misused), but so is something as simple as say, calling up a venue that fascists intend to use as an organizing space and expressing your concern.

ANTIFA has become a boogeyman to people on the right and even to some leftists. The movement has been unfairly linked to black bloc tactics. "Black bloc" is another thing that has been totally mischaracterized. A lot of people are under the impression that it's actually a specific group, but I digress.

Thank you for writing this.

She was a big lady.

Local Nazi got acquitted of manslaughter charges because of the bad physical condition of the injured party, from drug abuse. The same could happen here if the prosecutors "over-play" their hand.

2nd degree murder charge would probably already put the guy away for life.

1. Where did this happen? Do you have a link to this story?

Because what you're describing is completely contrary to the tenets of common law.

The thin skull rule informs homicide-related criminal charges in the US and other common law jurisdictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

It doesn't matter how poor the physical condition of the victim was if the perpetrator's actions are deemed to be a proximate cause of the victim's death.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a similar rule in civil law jurisdictions.

2. What does bad physical condition of a victim have to do with this case? You're not pushing the BS conspiracy theory about Heyer dying of a heart attack, are you

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as accusatory as I did. It's just that the way you talk about Antifa in relation to fascists just reflects some common misunderstandings people have (as well as some misinformation that some on the right spread). The more important point is, though, is that criticizing antifascists by comparing them to fascists is to fundamentally misunderstand both ideologies, in theory and in practice. I can recommended some reading if you'd like.

I wouldn't pretend to fully understand any of these people, because I am so far removed from them at this point in my life. But one similarity that I see between the ANTIFA that dress in all black and wear masks and the white supremacists who carry shields and Swastikas is that they both seem to be living out some sort of fantasy that they all have. I mean, uniforms and shields? That goes beyond having a certain set of beliefs, and ventures into a territory where these people are living a sort of delusion.

ANTIFA has become a boogeyman to people on the right and even to some leftists. The movement has been unfairly linked to black bloc tactics. "Black bloc" is another thing that has been totally mischaracterized. A lot of people are under the impression that it's actually a specific group, but I digress.

Thank you for writing this.

The movement has not been unfairly linked to Black Block tactics. The "movement" calls themselves ANTIFA while utilizing Black Block tactics.

That connection is not unfair. That connection is made by themselves. If those two things should not be connected, then that is obviously the fault of the movement for combining them so willingly on the national stage.

The movement has not been unfairly linked to Black Block tactics. The "movement" calls themselves ANTIFA while utilizing Black Block tactics.

That connection is not unfair. That connection is made by themselves. If those two things should not be connected, then that is obviously the fault of the movement.

Movement that you're describing is a shitload of different groups that have been lumped together. Not all of them use black bloc, and a lot of groups that use black bloc tactics have nothing whatsoever to do with ATIFA.

The idea that being pushed that any and every "anti-fascist" group in existence is simply the left wing analog of neo-fascists/Nazis is fucking absurd and has no basis in reality.

1. Where did this happen? Do you have a link to this story?

Because what you're describing is completely contrary to the tenets of common law.

The thin skull rule informs homicide-related criminal charges in the US and other common law jurisdictions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

It doesn't matter how poor the physical condition of the victim was if the perpetrator's actions are deemed to be a proximate cause of the victim's death.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a similar rule in civil law jurisdictions.

2. What does bad physical condition of a victim have to do with this case? You're not pushing the BS conspiracy theory about Heyer dying of a heart attack, are you?

Just saying that she was a really big lady. Looked like she was pushing 400 pounds from what I saw.

It happened over here in Finland. The victim's drug use ended up exonerating the assailant from tougher charges.

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/...e_for_helsinki_railway_station_attack/9379918

Movement that you're describing is a shitload of different groups that have been lumped together. Not all of them use black bloc, and a lot of groups that use black bloc tactics have nothing whatsoever to do with ATIFA.

Yes, and that is their own fault. They need to control their image and their message. Just like BLM got an awful reputation because of people doing stupid things in their name.

That is why any group, movement, or whatever you want to call them, needs to make it incredibly clear what their message is, what their goal is, what they stand for, and what they do not stand for.

The idea that being pushed that any and every "anti-fascist" group in existence is simply the left wing analog of neo-fascists/Nazis is fucking absurd and has no basis in reality.

If somebody is making that claim then they are probably making it out of partisanship.

the fat landwhale had a heartattack. this will be a very interesting trial. the defense has a lot of ammo proving his innocence. 1 they attacked first his car first with a bat before he ran those commies over and 2 she died of an heart attack not by being hit by a car, the coroners report will show that.
i say if he gets a fair trial he will be found innocent. ofc if u have a jury with all blacks and women then he's toast.

Sensairambo dat you? you were banned in the last thread on this topic...
back to shitpost?

Yes, and that is their own fault. They need to control their image and their message. Just like BLM got an awful reputation because of people doing stupid things in their name.

That is why any group, movement, or whatever you want to call them, needs to make it incredibly clear what their message is, what their goal is, what they stand for, and what they do not stand for.

It's hard to control the message when you're are being tactically smeared by major media outlets and by dishonest rabble rouses in the digital space.

...and groups like BLM are going to be perceived negatively irrespective of whatever is purportedly done in their name because a large portion of the population doesn't think that they are advocating for an honest cause.

Amazing screed of a retarded shitpost, and frightening considering this guy is actually a cop.
Actually he's pointing out that by charging him with first degree murder they are setting up a legal defence whereby he may end up walking. A lesser charge would mean an easier conviction. He's explaining this from a position of experience.

It's hard to control the message when you're are being tactically smeared by major media outlets and by dishonest rabble rouses in the digital space.

...and groups like BLM are going to be perceived negatively irrespective of whatever is purportedly done in their name because a large portion of the population doesn't think that they are advocating for an honest cause.

I don't think it's fair to just relieve them of that responsibility. Regardless of what some people will say regardless of what they do, they still need to do everything in their power to control their message.

Otherwise, they just look like dipshits. Nothing is worse than a movement that does not even know what their movement is, and then blames the media for smearing them.

Back