James White Deserves Superbowl MVP... | Page 5

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by Mikey Palangio, Feb 5, 2017.

1. brackis1 Silver Belt

brackis1
    I haven't lived in New England in 10 years either though.
    He was in Entourage, has a national Puma sponsorship, and probably the guy on the pats the cameras cut to the most besides Brady.
    He is a great role receiver who has flaws enough to make him somewhere in the top 50 receivers, and valuable enough in the pats system to gain extra praise. The NFL is loaded with talented guys who can catch footballs and run well.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  2. drstrangelov Hey.

drstrangelov
    White had a great game, but he was one of many catching balls, Bennett, Edelman, Amendola, Mitchell also had some important catches. White did well in the red zone after Blount got quarantined too, which sets him apart. Brady took over late, all eyes on him, and had huge numbers. It was an easy choice.

Is this just anger sbout Brady standing alone among big game quarterbacks now? 5 rings, 4sb mvps, does that bother people?

Jackie Blue likes this.
  3. aldeniro78 Doo Doo Belt

aldeniro78
    It's not really an argument. Brady was the reason they won. The pick he threw was redundant when it happened and when the game was over. He was on fire in OT.

Jackie Blue likes this.
  4. jrams Black Belt

jrams
    I don't think you know what "redundant" means.

brackis1 and Jackie Blue like this.
  5. aldeniro78 Doo Doo Belt

aldeniro78
    I know exactly what it means. The pick was meaningless at the time and meaningless in the end.

6. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    Your "GOAT" has spoken

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/t...again-this-time-to-james-white-165502281.html

7. n...not crazy Red Belt

n...not crazy
    WGAF? Brady doesn't. James doesn't.

8. Jackie Blue Red Belt

Jackie Blue
    Yes, Brady is a humble guy who hates it when people call him the GOAT and tears up when talking about his dad being his hero. I don't know how anybody can still hate him after this. Rob Parker is still saying that it's luck. Not sure how he's gonna still do his schtick if/when Brady wins his sixth or maybe even his seventh...

9. rj144 Black Belt

rj144
    Just to make it clear though, redundant doesn't mean meaningless, but I get what you were saying.

Brady, over the last few years, has always played well after throwing a dumb pick. In 2014, he did it quite often and we won the Superbowl that year too. I'd rather he'd play awesome without picks, but sometimes he plays mediocre the whole game without picks. If he throws a pick, nowadays, I know he'll bring it the rest of the game.

10. rearnakedchoke Suck it!

rearnakedchoke
    Coulda gone either way. I know white set records too. But how do you not give a guy who orchestrated the greatest comeback in sb history the mvp? Was epic either way.

11. faustian THE LOOSE CANNON

faustian
    Hey TS at least Bomani Jones agrees with you (wonder why)

LMAO

12. RedCansLoom16 "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

RedCansLoom16
  13. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    You sound upset

and they're quotes, not parentheses.

14. RedCansLoom16 "What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12

RedCansLoom16
    Not even close to upset, just sick of squids like yourself.

Bow down to your lord and savior Tom Brady, and accept his GOATness.

No idea why i said parentheses, i'm blaming lack of sleep.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  15. CO68 Silver Belt

CO68
    Are all of your posts full of so much shit? Completely wrong about what? You keep inventing shit that never happened. I even told your simpleton ass that the Pats weren't out of the game and could come back while your crybaby ass could only cry about the refs because you thought they were going to lose and needed excuses. I'm very impressed you have 'actual friends'. Too bad they didn't give enough of a shit to come over for the full game, but I guess they can only stand so much of your whiny emo ass before they have to bail.

16. Spitfire3000 Purple Belt

Spitfire3000
    Other receivers like Edelman and Hogan drew the coverage of the Falcon's top defensive players.

Brady deserves it because he spread the ball around so third, fourth and fifth options like Amendola, Mitchell and White were able to come up big.

17. Spitfire3000 Purple Belt

Spitfire3000
    Yeah, Bob Sanders deserved it covering against Rex Grossman than Manning did against playing the best defense in the league that year. And the Colts D "carried" him even though he played against 3 elite defenses (Bears, Patriots, and Ravens) and another tough defense in Kansas City. Whereas the only good offense they faced (the Patriots) the Colts gave up over 30 points and it took a great second half comeback orchestrated by Manning to win the game.

Derp.

18. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    What do all of those other games have to do with who the best player of the super bowl is?

hurr durr

19. Spitfire3000 Purple Belt

Spitfire3000
    So how was Bob Sanders the best player of that Super Bowl? He wasn't even the best on the Colt's defense. Kelvin Hayden had a pick 6 and more tackles.

Derp.

20. TeTe Senior Moderator

TeTe
    One could argue that Sanders tackles/plays were of more importance, especially the one that caused the fumble.. not to mention the pick he had in that game.

The whole point of all of this is.. the QB isn't always the most deserving of the MVP. Manning played well.. the defense, namely Sanders played great.

At the end of the day, it was ten fucking years ago and the Colts won. That's what matters. They came back and beat the Patriots which was probably my favorite game to date.. probably a thousand times more satisfying that watching them beat the sorry ass Bears. That Pats game Peyton deserved an MVP for because I haven't been able to savor many Colts victories over this stupid NE team and Brady. So if you want to bring up the playoffs in it's entirety.. sure I'd give Manning the MVP based off of that Pats game alone.

Now I guess I have to deal with Luck losing to the Pats for a while.